No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler's eyes/body language probably also helped tip him.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Yeah he knew exactly what was happening, a bounce pass to a back door cut. That's a pretty basic play so not crazy to identify it on that level, what is crazy is to read and react to it fast enough to be able to dive and actually steal the ball in time.
      How awkward would it have been, had Kawhi guessed wrong, and the pass was never made, lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        How awkward would it have been, had Kawhi guessed wrong, and the pass was never made, lol.
        That's exactly my point. Like how do you anticipate that was a bounce pass and not a lob. Dude actually dived on the floor not ever seeing the ball?! That's some next level, god mode stuff right there.

Comment

• It's mindboggling to me that by game 7 we're literally going to run out of ways to describe how good he is. That includes both Oxford & Urban dictionaries.

Comment

• Beneperez wrote: View Post
            It's mindboggling to me that by game 7 we're literally going to run out of ways to describe how good he is. That includes both Oxford & Urban dictionaries.
            We can make up new words when that happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              That's exactly my point. Like how do you anticipate that was a bounce pass and not a lob. Dude actually dived on the floor not ever seeing the ball?! That's some next level, god mode stuff right there.
              I jumped out of my seat. Alas, not many others in the arena did.

It was like watching a safety make a crazy interception in football, or Pillar make one of his superman catches for the Jays. Flat out nuts.

Comment

It's mindboggling to me that by game 7 we're literally going to run out of ways to describe how good he is. That includes both Oxford & Urban dictionaries.
                Kawhi lit yo, game on fleek
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I jumped out of my seat. Alas, not many others in the arena did.

Did anybody? I ask that question honestly. I'm a simple western Canadian bumpkin who's never had the chance to see a professional regular season game live. Do you notice any of the fans around you appreciating the little things, like understanding how good Kawhi and Kyle are BESIDES scoring?
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

"Kawhi being Kawhi"

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      That look on Kate Beirness' face, lol

He just played around with Butler and Okogie all damn game. It was so... weird. It was weird having a guy down the stretch where I don't feel all that nervous when the ball is in his hands.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Did anybody? I ask that question honestly. I'm a simple western Canadian bumpkin who's never had the chance to see a professional regular season game live. Do you notice any of the fans around you appreciating the little things, like understanding how good Kawhi and Kyle are BESIDES scoring?
                        Lol yes there are some good fans, but it's definitely not the majority. I was definitely the loudest person at times just because I would cheer or heckle something others may not notice or care about.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles for live sports in general. Most people paying to see any game are on the more casual side, at least in terms of understanding the game.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Depends where you sit. I've found the higher up the better the fans. That being said, the later in the season the better the crowd is. No matter what though, there are always a few fans around you that get it.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Lol yes there are some good fans, but it's definitely not the majority. I was definitely the loudest person at times just because I would cheer or heckle something others may not notice or care about.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles for live sports in general. Most people paying to see any game are on the more casual side, at least in terms of understanding the game.

Lower bowl and court side has become corporate. I see people there on the phone throughout the game as if they are in a coffee shop. If I ever had the chance to seat courtside, I don't think I would be able to sit down throughout the game, probably talk some shit to the opposition players.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Lower bowl and court side has become corporate. I see people there on the phone throughout the game as if they are in a coffee shop. If I ever had the chance to seat courtside, I don't think I would be able to sit down throughout the game, probably talk some shit to the opposition players.
                              It's always been "corporate".

It got a bit "better" when we sucked post-Bosh because seats were available and cheaper. But you would have nothing to really cheer for. *And honestly just a guess here, because lord knows I went to no games at that time.

I went to a ton of games in the Carter era, and the lower bowl was at least as corporate as it is now, if not more so because bball in general was still not a hugely popular sport in Canada.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Oct 25, 2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• i will admit... i knew he would be good but I had my reservations... but dang... and we are just that much better.... danny green also helps so much... but even without him kawhi is nutty.

Comment

Working...
                                X