Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    i will admit... i knew he would be good but I had my reservations... but dang... and we are just that much better.... danny green also helps so much... but even without him kawhi is nutty.
    I thought Kawhi looked more invisible in a Spurs system, on the Raptors he seems to be getting a greater autonomy to do what he wants, which to me stands out more.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      I thought Kawhi looked more invisible in a Spurs system, on the Raptors he seems to be getting a greater autonomy to do what he wants, which to me stands out more.
      I dunno he was pretty fucking amazing in San Antonio in 16-17
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Exactly my thoughts. And I think he likes it.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I dunno he was pretty fucking amazing in San Antonio in 16-17
          Don't get me wrong he was but I think the system held him back somewhat and made him more rigid. Pops holds a tight ship which is both good & bad. You didn't see Kawhi popping smiles almost every game in SA cause it wasn't as fun.

Comment

Don't get me wrong he was but I think the system held him back somewhat and made him more rigid. Pops holds a tight ship which is both good & bad. You didn't see Kawhi popping smiles almost every game in SA cause it wasn't as fun.
            Idk i think pop was playing the best way to win. For a while that meant Kawhi was filling a role but in his last year he was heavily featured.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              i will admit... i knew he would be good but I had my reservations... but dang... and we are just that much better.... danny green also helps so much... but even without him kawhi is nutty.
              Kawhi has done a few ISO's but he is so smooth and so good at creating his shots and space, he's an upgrade even from Demar.

Plus, we have seen so far why he is one of the best defensive players as well, a vast vast upgrade from Demar.

It literally was one guy who needed to come in and shake it up an Kawhi has done that... love his game so far.

Comment

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
                Also, we drink too much. And we think breakfast tacos are cuisine. And the AT&T Center is also used for a major rodeo, after which it smells like a cow barn for a month. And Fiesta, don't get me started. And the afternoon sun in July and August will scorch the hair right off your head, while the sweat drips off your nose like a leaky faucet. But still, it has a certain charm. It's better when the Spurs are good. Sigh.
                I've been to San Antonio (though only once, and even then, it was a day trip) and I thought it was very nice, riverwalk system included. It certainly didn't have people randomly coming up to me and telling me how much my particular hometown sucks for no apparent reason; that's always nice.

In related news, Whataburger is awesome, not just for burgers but for milkshakes as well. I hope you partake there from time to time.

Comment

• TacoBreath wrote: View Post
                  Also, we drink too much. And we think breakfast tacos are cuisine. And the AT&T Center is also used for a major rodeo, after which it smells like a cow barn for a month. And Fiesta, don't get me started. And the afternoon sun in July and August will scorch the hair right off your head, while the sweat drips off your nose like a leaky faucet. But still, it has a certain charm. It's better when the Spurs are good. Sigh.
                  You just nearly described calgary alberta
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                    In related news, Whataburger is awesome, not just for burgers but for milkshakes as well. I hope you partake there from time to time.
                    You bet! I have the Whataburger app, so every five visits I get a free milkshake.

Ah, but the Spurs.... there are long-time fans talking about tanking the season and blowing the team up. They've got a good core in DDR and LMA, and Rudy, but not enough supporting cast, and the defense is a shambles. It isn't just the loss of Kawhi and Danny, either, but the team has made some really odd decisions over the last few years. It's a lesson for the Raptors too, or anybody. Don't put too much faith in your own press releases.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      It was like watching a safety make a crazy interception in football, or Pillar make one of his superman catches for the Jays. Flat out nuts.
                      No doubt. But unfortunately it was one of those plays that is not as visible or clear to people what has happened, whether to someone whose focus had drifted a bit or to a casual fan.

I was in Toronto this summer and at a game when Pillar made his catch over the wall on Canada Day, one of the greatest stadium reactions I've ever experienced -- something like that is a lot easier to notice, especially in baseball where not a lot is happening perhaps 90% of the time. (I mean time between pitches, etc.) Amazing to see it live and be part of that crowd.

On the replay from Kawhi's play you can hear some oohs and aahs in reaction when he dove for the steal, but I guess most people couldn't catch the subtlety of how rare a play it was. Something you might not appreciate the first time you see it, for most fans.

Comment

• Assuming Kawhi resigns, there have been talks of signing another start player in the summer of 2020. If you could pair any star in the league with Kawhi, who would it be?

Personally it would be AD.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                          Assuming Kawhi resigns, there have been talks of signing another start player in the summer of 2020. If you could pair any star in the league with Kawhi, who would it be?

Personally it would be AD.
                          Davis and Antetokounmpo.

And it could be a trade, not free agency. Either guy is worth giving up assets for to pair with Kawhi.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Davis and Antetokounmpo.

And it could be a trade, not free agency. Either guy is worth giving up assets for to pair with Kawhi.

Man if we added Giannis I think we could keep opposing teams under 10 points a game.

Add Davis too and the other teams go into negative scoring. Like they'd be so scared they'd just turn around and score on their own basket.

Comment

Davis and Antetokounmpo.

Imgaine this

Lowry (or vv, cuz Lowry will be like 34)
                              Anunoby
                              Kawhi
                              Giannis
                              Valanciunas
                              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Great story on the tortuous history of the Raps and how Kawhi is here to set that strait. Hard to believe the article went as in depth as it did in our past struggles without even mentioning the name Il Mago.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/to...m_campaign=tan

Comment

Working...
                                X