Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lj2 wrote: View Post
    we need to trade pascal. He makes kawhi unhappy.
    hah!

Comment

• I missed the first half last night and didn't see that moment, but in the second half I was noticing how locked in the two of them looked together, hooking each other up on great baskets.

Something that was occurring to me is how different our transition-focused style must be from San Antonio, who have been in the bottom five in transition plays as a percentage of their offense for the last three years, just 11.2% (and through the first three games this year are at 5.9%). We're at 20.2% by comparison (through four games, that's all that nba stats has so far). I'm not going to criticize Pop in terms of winning basketball, obviously he favours well-executed half-court offense for good reason. But as a player - especially a player with Kawhi's talents for creating transition opportunities - playing with a bunch of guys who can run the floor, knock down pull-up 3s, finish around the hoop, it must be a lot more fun style of basketball than in San Antonio.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        I missed the first half last night and didn't see that moment, but in the second half I was noticing how locked in the two of them looked together, hooking each other up on great baskets.

Something that was occurring to me is how different our transition-focused style must be from San Antonio, who have been in the bottom five in transition plays as a percentage of their offense for the last three years, just 11.2% (and through the first three games this year are at 5.9%). We're at 20.2% by comparison (through four games, that's all that nba stats has so far). I'm not going to criticize Pop in terms of winning basketball, obviously he favours well-executed half-court offense for good reason. But as a player - especially a player with Kawhi's talents for creating transition opportunities - playing with a bunch of guys who can run the floor, knock down pull-up 3s, finish around the hoop, it must be a lot more fun style of basketball than in San Antonio.
        Hopefully theres some stat to back it up, but the eye test tells me our transition DEFENSE has been outstanding so far this year. I feel confident in getting a stop most of the time.

Its gotta be terrifying to be all alone on a fast break and feel some combination of kawhi, green, siakam, OG and Ibaka chasing you down. Its like running for your life from a stampeding herd of buffalo
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          I missed the first half last night and didn't see that moment, but in the second half I was noticing how locked in the two of them looked together, hooking each other up on great baskets.

Been saying for awhile that San Antonio was building the anti-modern NBA team around Kawhi and hoping Pop can turn that chickensh*t into chicken salad - which he can, up to a certain point.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Lol Nah, I think it shows he cares.
            Yeah I agree. It caught me a bit off guard because Kawhi is known as such a quiet guy, but it's a great sign that he's invested in the game, in his teammates and in this season. Not just biding his time waiting to skip town.

Comment

• K and K’s net rating is up to the roof.

Each one feed off each other and making their individual strengths blossom with once presence.

Could be the best duo outside of TMac and Vince.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                K and K’s net rating is up to the roof.

Each one feed off each other and making their individual strengths blossom with once presence.

Could be the best duo outside of TMac and Vince.
                OUTSIDE of? TMac wasn't close to all star yet in Toronto, this is hands down the best big 2 we've ever had

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  OUTSIDE of? TMac wasn't close to all star yet in Toronto, this is hands down the best big 2 we've ever had
                  Im not exactly saying the young TMac but more so of prime TMac and prime Vince. Hard to deny that if both are together, they are unstoppable.

Why I said the combination of skillsets/ talents is greater than separating individual players.

But debatable so I know what you are getting at if we are comparing K and K with those guys.

Comment

Hopefully theres some stat to back it up, but the eye test tells me our transition DEFENSE has been outstanding so far this year. I feel confident in getting a stop most of the time.

Its gotta be terrifying to be all alone on a fast break and feel some combination of kawhi, green, siakam, OG and Ibaka chasing you down. Its like running for your life from a stampeding herd of buffalo
                    We give up about 20% of our possessions in transition, which is poor (6th most in the league). We also give up 1.16 PPP in transition, also among the worst (bottom 10). Overall we give up the 6th most fast break points per possession in the league.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I guess all of the Dinosaur references escaped you at the time? LOL

Obviously what you meant to say was "like running for your life from a pack of blood thirsty Velociraptors"!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        We give up about 20% of our possessions in transition, which is poor (6th most in the league). We also give up 1.16 PPP in transition, also among the worst (bottom 10). Overall we give up the 6th most fast break points per possession in the league.
                        Well then..

Lol

Comment

Yeah I actually don't like us trying to be a fast team. Run off our D when we can, sure, but otherwise try to force a bit slower pace or at least not try to force a very high tempo game.

Our halfcourt D looks tremendous to me, especially when Leonard and Green are out there together. I'm sure having OG, Wright and FVV will help as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Yeah I actually don't like us trying to be a fast team. Run off our D when we can, sure, but otherwise try to force a bit slower pace or at least not try to force a very high tempo game.

Our halfcourt D looks tremendous to me, especially when Leonard and Green are out there together. I'm sure having OG, Wright and FVV will help as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                            I assume playing fast is because the halfcourt offence is still developing. Nurse runs some really impressive sets, but, it doesn't seem like the Raptors are the only team putting up +110 points and giving up over 100 every game. It's been quite a widespread issue throughout the league. Teams are running and gunning trying to replicate the model the Warriors have put together.

Halfcourt offence, at times, has looked brilliant. However, I'd say 70% of the time, it's a serious work in progress.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Is that based on this season?

I had made mention in another thread that it seems like we give up a lot of fast break points when JV is on the floor and not as much when Serge is at C. I'm surprised if those stats are based on this season with JV's mins. cut the way they have been and with Serge at C as much as he's been.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Is that based on this season?

I had made mention in another thread that it seems like we give up a lot of fast break points when JV is on the floor and not as much when Serge is at C. I'm surprised if those stats are based on this season with JV's mins. cut the way they have been and with Serge at C as much as he's been.
                                That's all from this season.

We do get run to heck with JV on the floor though, to the tune of 23 FBPs/100 possessions. And only 11 with Serge on the floor.

Some of that is bench versus starters as well - JV when playing with Lowry and Leonard sees his opponent fast break points drop to 15 per 100 possessions. And Serge without Lowry and Leonard sees his jump from 9 to 16. But there is definitely an impact going from JV to Serge. About 50% more FBPs with JV on the floor than Serge.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X