Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I doubt hes explained shit to his teammates lol, considering even Danny green still has "no idea what happened there". Parts of the timeline just dont add up it its 100% about manu and parker "questioning your character"

To me a lot more is still left to be answered like I said in how professionally Kawhi plays this year and his intentions in free agency. Not saying he HAS to choose Toronto, but if give him everything including a great run in the spring and he bolts to a treadmill like the clippers the first chance he gets it says a little more to me.

I dunno I just think it's funny how the narrative turned as soon as he became a raptor. Now it's that damn popovich and the spurs fault!

Meh, cast la vie. I'm just a boy, in love with a basketball team, and I don't want their heart broken. But the only thing this boy can do is shut up and enjoy the season. And make another 2000 posts between now and then
    I agree there is much more to the story than is being said. My personal suspicion is that Kawhi just made his mind up that he wants to be home. He's so closed off to the outside world, in terms of someone famous, that you would have to think his family and close friends are of utmost importance to him...and he wants to be with them. Screw the money, winning culture etc. he just wants to be where he's around the only people that are real to him. Dude is a G.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      That's all from this season.

We do get run to heck with JV on the floor though, to the tune of 23 FBPs/100 possessions. And only 11 with Serge on the floor.

Some of that is bench versus starters as well - JV when playing with Lowry and Leonard sees his opponent fast break points drop to 15 per 100 possessions. And Serge without Lowry and Leonard sees his jump from 9 to 16. But there is definitely an impact going from JV to Serge. About 50% more FBPs with JV on the floor than Serge.
      I still think they have to find a way to keep JV on the court more, but that is some pretty damning evidence.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I still think they have to find a way to keep JV on the court more, but that is some pretty damning evidence.
        Or has more to do with how ugly our bench units are?

Giving up transition O is often a sign of ugly offence. I wonder how many opportunities other teams are getting because of poor execution from guys like Miles, Powell and Brown. Bad turnovers and bad shots that lead to run outs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Kind of. But there are weaknesses to other groups that counter balance that. For example, the 5 man units with Serge at C versus with JV at C have a DRTG difference of only 3 points (96.4 vs 93.5) so far. And the JV version gives up 9 more FBPs per 100 possessions. Meaning in the half court they are significantly better (largely because of a 9 point drop in points in the paint allowed). Every lineup has its strengths and weaknesses. But this early in the season, parsing lineups to details beyond how much they win their minutes by is probably not a good idea. Even the lineup net ratings are very much in take-with-salt territory.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Kind of. But there are weaknesses to other groups that counter balance that. For example, the 5 man units with Serge at C versus with JV at C have a DRTG difference of only 3 points (96.4 vs 93.5) so far. And the JV version gives up 9 more FBPs per 100 possessions. Meaning in the half court they are significantly better (largely because of a 9 point drop in points in the paint allowed). Every lineup has its strengths and weaknesses. But this early in the season, parsing lineups to details beyond how much they win their minutes by is probably not a good idea. Even the lineup net ratings are very much in take-with-salt territory.
            Also, no matter how you look at it, transition D is hard to pin in a big man.

Again, giving up points in transition is often more due to poor offensive execution... live ball turnovers, bad shots that lead to run outs off long rebounds, and generally disorganized offence that leads to not having guys in a good position to run back.

We have fewer of those issues right now with the starting unit. This also means that even when teams try to run, guys like Green, Leonard and Siakam have a better chance of getting back to make a play on D.

So even if Serge is better for our transition D, it is probably not that significant a bump, and the gap is likely due to the mess of units that have been getting time together with JV on the court. Even some of the units that have JV, Lowry and Leonard can be a bit ugly with guys like Brown, Miles or Powell filling other spots.

Comment

More evidence.....

Total Points Added
              https://nbamath.com/2018-19-nba-tpa/

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Also, no matter how you look at it, transition D is hard to pin in a big man.

Again, giving up points in transition is often more due to poor offensive execution... live ball turnovers, bad shots that lead to run outs off long rebounds, and generally disorganized offence that leads to not having guys in a good position to run back.

We have fewer of those issues right now with the starting unit. This also means that even when teams try to run, guys like Green, Leonard and Siakam have a better chance of getting back to make a play on D.

So even if Serge is better for our transition D, it is probably not that significant a bump, and the gap is likely due to the mess of units that have been getting time together with JV on the court. Even some of the units that have JV, Lowry and Leonard can be a bit ugly with guys like Brown, Miles or Powell filling other spots.

There's definitely a lot of that. I do think JV is weak in transition, partly because he tends to be under the basket looking for rebounds rather than out in the midrange or at the arc like Serge, and partly because he is indeed slower than a lot of players. But every player has a weakness, and transition D is just one facet of defence.

It's also super early and these numbers could swing wildly with every game played.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There's definitely a lot of that. I do think JV is weak in transition, partly because he tends to be under the basket looking for rebounds rather than out in the midrange or at the arc like Serge, and partly because he is indeed slower than a lot of players. But every player has a weakness, and transition D is just one facet of defence.

It's also super early and these numbers could swing wildly with every game played.
                  JV is most definitely weak in transition. All I'm saying is the difference in numbers has little or nothing to do with how either him or Serge is performing in that aspect of the game.

Comment

JV is most definitely weak in transition. All I'm saying is the difference in numbers has little or nothing to do with how either him or Serge is performing in that aspect of the game.

Yeah, as I outlined, the big raw difference is mostly bench versus starters. But isolating for starters only and bench only, you still see the drop off from Serge to JV. It's just about 50%, rather than like 250%.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, as I outlined, the big raw difference is mostly bench versus starters. But isolating for starters only and bench only, you still see the drop off from Serge to JV. It's just about 50%, rather than like 250%.
                      Well I saw you adjust for Lowry and Leonard, but not sure if that accounts for the other 2 spots on the court. Pascal+Green are both playing well, and Miles, Brown and Powell are for the most part complete trash (Powell has been the best out of those guys and still not great or consistent). Also Pascal and Green are two of the best transition defenders we have.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well I saw you adjust for Lowry and Leonard, but not sure if that accounts for the other 2 spots on the court. Pascal+Green are both playing well, and Miles, Brown and Powell are for the most part complete trash (Powell has been the best out of those guys and still not great or consistent). Also Pascal and Green are two of the best transition defenders we have.

Lineup | Minutes Played | Opponent FBPs/100 possessions
                          Lowry-Green-Leonard-Siakam-Ibaka: 79 MP, 5.9 FBP/100
                          Lowry-Green-Leonard-Siakam-Valanciunas: 39 MP, 15.3 FBP/100

Those extra spots on the court have largely followed Lowry and Leonard, with few exceptions, so I just used them to give a somewhat bigger sample. The issue with the numbers isn't the filtering, but the sample size, which is still really small.

In any case, like I mentioned, the overall DRTG between the two groups is very similar, so obviously the transition defence isn't killing them in either case. And you have to look mostly at the bigger picture this early in the season - zoom in and you mostly get noise. Heck, it's a lot of noise when zoomed out.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                            Ibaka dressed up as himself?
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Ibaka dressed up as himself?
                              Forget Ibaka, Kawhi just came in with something he thrown on in 5 minutes. I thought he was a fun guy...

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Forget Ibaka, Kawhi just came in with something he thrown on in 5 minutes. I thought he was a fun guy...
                                And the only picture of him is a grainy candid shot he didn't want taken lol
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X