• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Maury even said Giannis should be #3

#3 is not an mvp CANDIDATE?

dumbest shit ive ever heard.
    I think we’ve discovered how to COMMUNICATE with trex. Speak his LANGUAGE. Use all caps for EMPHASIS.

Comment

• Kawhi Leonard is a raptor btw.

Comment

• Since Leonard + the Raptors have all been saying he's fully healthy already and not given any specific rationale for why they're resting him regularly (just generic statements about taking it easy and being precautionary), I thought this was interesting:

One person inside the Raptors organization said the expectation is that Leonard will be fully healthy and peak around the All-Star break.
        https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...s-lebron-james

Taking a couple months to peak after a year off makes sense, the reference to "fully healthy" is interesting tho.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Since Leonard + the Raptors have all been saying he's fully healthy already and not given any specific rationale for why they're resting him regularly (just generic statements about taking it easy and being precautionary), I thought this was interesting:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...s-lebron-james

Taking a couple months to peak after a year off makes sense, the reference to "fully healthy" is interesting tho.
          In addition in this article, how bout this?

Leonard wants you to know he didn’t grow up a Lakers fan. Yes, he’s from Los Angeles, born and raised, and played basketball at not one, but two high schools in Riverside County, 65 miles east of the Staples Center. But before the question is finished being asked at Raptors practice Saturday morning, Leonard is already shaking his head no.

“My family was but I wasn’t,” Leonard said. “I liked Allen Iverson, I was an A.I. fan, so I didn’t like the Lakers.” He is sitting on a folding chair inside one of the gyms on the UCLA campus. The setting is familiar: It’s where Leonard, James, and Kevin Durant, among other NBA stars, participated in workouts this offseason. It’s also close to another gym on campus where this picture was taken in late August:

By then, Leonard already had been traded to the Raptors, but reports that he preferred Los Angeles loomed. They still do, even though the Raptors have rolled to start his first season in Toronto. Leonard was nonplussed when facing questions about L.A. on Saturday.

Yes, he would spend time visiting with his family and get “some lovely hugs.” But when asked how important those hugs were, he was thrown off. “This what we talking about?” Yes, he planned to get “some good food,” but no, he wasn’t sure what that food would be. Sitting next to him, Kyle Lowry scoffed at the thought that his choices would be “spontaneous.” Kawhi smiled slightly. Saturday’s scrum at UCLA was Leonard’s only media appearance of the weekend, and he couldn’t have been more pleased. Soon after Saturday’s interview was over, Leonard muttered, “This is why I don’t like talking to the media.”
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jonas Valanciunas, said: “Kawhi doesn’t need to talk, he doesn’t talk nonsense. He’s a killer.”

Comment

• more love for Kawhi

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Jonas Valanciunas, said: “Kawhi doesn’t need to talk, he doesn’t talk nonsense. He’s a killer.”
                Jonas gave the quote last playoffs about the Raptors not being mentally tough enough. He's one guy who clearly gets it while everyone else delivered platitudes about playing hard.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Jonas gave the quote last playoffs about the Raptors not being mentally tough enough. He's one guy who clearly gets it while everyone else delivered platitudes about playing hard.
                  I remmember when one of the announcers mentioned that that's exactly what he heard him saying in the game 4 versus Cavs last playoffs. During the game while sitting on the bench: "We're weak, in here" - points to his head.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Yo why can't he sit with the team when hes out of action tho?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yo why can't he sit with the team when hes out of action tho?
                      Thought the same thing when I was watching. Wtf?

Comment

• Probably getting treatment in the locker room

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                          Probably getting treatment in the locker room
                          I'm guessing this isn't the case.

Comment

probably hates the team and can't stand them.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The signs are not good, not good.

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                                Probably getting treatment in the locker room
                                Treatment for what?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X