Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Thought this was an interesting piece from an article on ESPN that was featured in "Mornign Coffee" from the front page.

"For the past two offseasons, the Lakers have kept their powder dry in the trade market. Rather than sacrificing any of their young core -- Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart -- to pursue a trade for someone like Paul George or Leonard, the Lakers have been content to sit back, let them grow and hope the combination of a young talent base and the bright lights of Hollywood will be enough to lure star power back to Los Angeles again.

It turned out to be enough to get the biggest star of all, LeBron James, to join the Lakers on July 1. But George spurned the chance to play alongside James this summer, opting to re-sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder at the start of free agency. And while there is plenty of time for things to change, there is a sense within the league Leonard will do the same next summer."
    Make it to the Finals and Kawhi ain't going nowhere, because he's a basketball junkie that is hellbent on winning. We hold our fate in our own hands.

Comment

• Comment

• Prior to the season i had some concern regarding kawhi's effort level and commitment to the team coming in. I entertained the possibility that he might lay off the gas a little to protect his health during a contract year. Clearly, those fears were unwarranted. So now I'm thinking that there is a pretty good chance he stays. It would be hard to walk away from this group, esoecially if they make the finals.

Comment

• I lived in Downtown Toronto for years, don't be so insecure, it's a great place, and once his heels are dug in, Toronto will be hard to leave.

Comment

• https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1631192

Little interview with Serge. Excerpt about trying to get Kawhi on "How Hungry are you".

"I spoke with him about wanting to get him on my show so people can see his different side. I told him a lot of kids love him. When they see him, they think about the (media day) laugh or the serious face, but actually, he has different personalities. What you see on TV, that's when he's working. He's a nice guy, a normal guy like everybody else. We talk about funny stuff and laugh. I want him on my show so kids can see a different side of him. He agreed with me and said he would love to do it. Now it's about timing. The season started so we're busier working."

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
              https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1631192

Little interview with Serge. Excerpt about trying to get Kawhi on "How Hungry are you".

"I spoke with him about wanting to get him on my show so people can see his different side. I told him a lot of kids love him. When they see him, they think about the (media day) laugh or the serious face, but actually, he has different personalities. What you see on TV, that's when he's working. He's a nice guy, a normal guy like everybody else. We talk about funny stuff and laugh. I want him on my show so kids can see a different side of him. He agreed with me and said he would love to do it. Now it's about timing. The season started so we're busier working."
              If he's doing that he should try to do Lowry, Leonard and Green on the same show.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Raps need to get the whole team eating that disgusting sh*t. It's working. lol.

Comment

• https://www.nba.com/magic/news/bamba...onard-20181121

Bamba, the No. 6 pick in last June’s NBA Draft and the Magic’s prized rookie center, got to know Leonard through his older half-brother, Sidiki Johnson, who was once a top-100 college recruit before washing out of basketball. Leonard, an NBA champion in 2014 and the NBA’s Defensive Player of the Year in 2015 and ’16, took a liking to the much younger Bamba when they first met some seven years ago, and he said he snickered at the bravado of Bamba’s bold predictions back in the day.

``He made it to the NBA. We all had high hopes for him and I remember him saying that he was going to get here (to the NBA),’’ recalled Leonard after his Raptors beat the Magic in dramatic fashion on Tuesday night. ``I’m really proud of him for making it (to the NBA) and being a top-10 pick. He looks comfortable and looks like he belongs here. He’s playing with confidence, shooting the ball well and doing a good job of helping on the weak side of the defense by blocking shots. He’s doing really good.’’
                    None of it might have been possible without the mentorship of Leonard for the young and impressionable Bamba years ago. In 2015, when Bamba was rising as a top high school basketball prospect, Johnson – the older, half-brother – was convicted on charges of second-degree and third-degree armed robbery and given a four-year prison sentence in New York. Bamba, who grew up in Harlem but attended prep schools in New Hampshire and Pennsylvania, was understandably rocked by the event, but said he luckily had Leonard there for support.

``After my brother went away for a while, Kawhi reached out to me. He just kind of stepped up and played the big brother role for me,’’ Bamba said recently. ``He’s always been a family friend for us.’’
                    ``Just really the weather,’’ Leonard dead-panned when asked about the biggest difference between playing in San Antonio and Toronto. ``As far as basketball, (the Raptors) made it easy for me to transition in. And we’re winning, so that probably makes it a lot easier for me as well. That’s about it.’’

While Leonard is infamously camera shy and tends to shun the spotlight, he often opens up around Bamba. Most importantly, Leonard has been more than willing to share advice about life and basketball to the 20-year-old Bamba during their quiet times alone.

``He doesn’t really like the mainstream attention, but he’s a really cool dude,’’ Bamba said of Leonard’s mild-mannered demeanor. ``Every now and then, he’ll check up on me and see how I am doing.

``He’s a guy who has always kind of been there for me,’’ Bamba continued. ``I’ve just picked his brain about basketball and everything and he always told me that he was there to help if I ever needed anything. That was just kind of the relationship that we’ve always had.’’
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Just a down to earth, normal, nice guy. Now how to leverage this knowledge to get him to stay in Toronto?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Just a down to earth, normal, nice guy. Now how to leverage this knowledge to get him to stay in Toronto?
                        If all things are true then just keep doing what we're doing. Win games with a professional and enjoyable culture. If that's not enough then it's not enough.

In the elegant words of Rajon rondo, "what u want me to do? Suck him off?"
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          If all things are true then just keep doing what we're doing. Win games with a professional and enjoyable culture. If that's not enough then it's not enough.

In the elegant words of Rajon rondo, "what u want me to do? Suck him off?"
                          Yes to the first. No to the second.

Comment

• Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

Wow. I think Popovich is a little angrt, no?
                              In my opinion, Kawhi is a leader!

Comment

• JamesH wrote: View Post
                                Wow. I think Popovich is a little angrt, no?
                                In my opinion, Kawhi is a leader!
                                I mean not everyone is a vocal leader. Some leaders lead by their actions. I think Kwahi shows his love for his game on the court and there are no words to explain.

Comment

Working...
                                X