Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    You know this for a fact? I'm guessing Masai has already offered him a contract, but it doesn't necessarily need to have gotten out to the public. Spurs and Raptors organizations run a tight ship if you believe what everyone is always saying.
    Two reporters mentioned it a few times: Amin Elhassan & Jalen Rose. Ok, Jalen Rose is sketchy, but Amin is fairly solid. You're right, it could have been offered totally in private and then rejected without any details getting out. But with all the spin doctoring going on to repair damaged reputations, you have to think that the Spurs would have leaked that information by now.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Why would Masai offer him a contract? There's no way Kawhi would sign the max extension they could offer - the extension offer would be insulting. If he stays, he'll do so in free agency.

The Spurs could offer him the supermax extension in-season or in the summer before the trade. It's been pretty consistently reported throughout the past 6 months that they never did so.
      I guess I should have said "if Masai could have", but I had no idea that Spurs never made the offer to Kawhi. I realize they are a small franchise and don't want to be stuck with a huge contract for damaged goods, but would have thought it's a no brainer for someone of the Kawhi's calibre. Really a weird situation how that all played out in San Antonio, but I'm not complaining.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Nobody here knows the full story. Nobody but Kawhi and pop and their innermost circles know the full story. And that's fine, but it's a little disingenuous for us to say spurs were completely in the wrong
        Kawhi had a poor showing last year in that, at a minimum, not even showing up to be with the team was poor form. The Spurs probably didn't show their best form with some of the leaks, etc. that came out. Both sides likely have some regrets.

Kawhi probably wasn't a big time leader in SA because they had guys like Parker, Ginobli and Duncan to fill those roles who were all senior to him. Kawhi is probably a much better leader in Toronto as a veteran, accomplished player who is the ying to Lowry's I'M MAD AND YELLING AT EVERYONE CAUSE YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF *($&$^@ -NOW GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES - style.

All these things can be true. As for me, he's here. He's been a solid teammate by all accounts and he's played great. That's all I care about.

Comment

How so?
          Books could be written. Will be, I suppose.

But, for one thing, picture this. You get an important new job. You work as hard as you can at it, and everyone says you're great at it. However, every single day you're there, you're told that you should be just like the guy who was there before you. Wouldn't it become clear they didn't really want you?

The saga has many facets.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
            Lol look at you. You were leading the "Vince Carter quit on the Raptors" convo a couple of days ago and now you're here defending Kawhi.

Let's be honest here. Kawhi Leonard QUIT on the Spurs last year. What he did was worse than what Vince did. Vince didn't really quit, the idiot Babcock just decided to trade him.

IF Kawhi decides to move on in the offseason, you're probably going to lead the Kawhi quit on the Raptors talk as well.
            Vince didn't quit playing in a literal sense. But he most certainly quit trying.

Comment

• New Balance?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So how does Kawhi's 2018-2019 season look so far compared to his 2016-2017, break out season? Numbers look pretty similar though I'm not looking at anything in-depth.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  So how does Kawhi's 2018-2019 season look so far compared to his 2016-2017, break out season? Numbers look pretty similar though I'm not looking at anything in-depth.
                  Looking at the per 100 possession numbers - pretty much all his efficiency stats are down, likely based on his 3-pt shooting (attempts & 3P%) being down. Rebounding numbers are slightly up, which is possibly a good indicator of his health. He's definitely not near his MVP form yet .... just a regular all-star.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                    New Balance?

Comment

• Good news!

One of the reasons he wanted out of SA was because the endorsement opportunities weren’t there. He was offered a low ball contract offer from Jordan brand so he didn’t resign.

Perhaps he will view Toronto as a big enough market to get these types of deals. I’m interested to see how much he signed for.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Good news!

One of the reasons he wanted out of SA was because the endorsement opportunities weren’t there. He was offered a low ball contract offer from Jordan brand so he didn’t resign.

Perhaps he will view Toronto as a big enough market to get these types of deals. I’m interested to see how much he signed for.
                        Lifetime supply of bbq sauce and Jean shorts and knee high white cotton socks is all he requested
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Maybe he got someone pregnant and he's trying to tell us something?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Maybe he got someone pregnant and he's trying to tell us something?

He actually has a wife and daughter. And nobody knows that. Because that's Kawhi. Not an Instagram model, nobody sitting on his lap on the podium
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• what the heck is new balance? =/

Comment

He actually has a wife and daughter. And nobody knows that. Because that's Kawhi. Not an Instagram model, nobody sitting on his lap on the podium
                                So it all makes sense now. He's just embracing his dadness.

Comment

Working...
                                X