Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder wrote: View Post
    Could we consider Alex Mckechnie the second biggest hire of Tim Leiweke after Masai? Could the fact that our medical staff (headlined by him) is considered the best in the league, and really focuses on preventing the injury before treating it. If this is the reason that Kawhi re-signs, I will be sending some good old Canadian Beer to to mister Leiweke in Cali.
    I just looked up what he's up to now...he has a new company that does consulting and entertainment for sports...and ho hum, is the biggest reason Seattle just got an NHL team.

Everything this guy touches turns to gold
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Could we consider Alex Mckechnie the second biggest hire of Tim Leiweke after Masai? Could the fact that our medical staff (headlined by him) is considered the best in the league, and really focuses on preventing the injury before treating it. If this is the reason that Kawhi re-signs, I will be sending some good old Canadian Beer to to mister Leiweke in Cali.
      I think that's one of those things that every GM has an obligation to to say about his franchise, that can't be proven right, one way or another. Even moreso in the context of Kawhi.

I mean, the whole DeMarre Carroll injury situation was a disaster and Lowry always seems run down at the end of every year. And then there was bringing back an injured Freddy for the last (meaningless) game of the year? McKechnie could be overrated for all we know, but how do you even judge that? Some years you're just lucky.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        I think that's one of those things that every GM has an obligation to to say about his franchise, that can't be proven right, one way or another. Even moreso in the context of Kawhi.

I mean, the whole DeMarre Carroll injury situation was a disaster and Lowry always seems run down at the end of every year. And then there was bringing back an injured Freddy for the last (meaningless) game of the year? McKechnie could be overrated for all we know, but how do you even judge that? Some years you're just lucky.
        With Demarre we were dealing with an injury that already existed. Not much that we can do there. With Lowry, Alex can't prevent him taking charges from Mack Trucks on a nightly basis. Some of the onus is on the players/coaching staff.

That being said, I think more importantly than results, would be the feeling of confidence that Alex could instil in his players/patients. If Kawhi feels like he is getting better treatment, thats all that matters. That comfort could potentially be the factor that makes him Resign. Besides the fact that legends have attributed Alex to prolonging their careers and we saw a visible drop when those players played for different teams (obviously got older too) ie Shaq and Nash.

Comment

• The points made were good - health, team success, the organizations feel...but Ive been to a few places and upon returning to Toronto you get a warm fuzzy home feeling. Its a welcoming city. I can go to any corner of this town, any dark alley at night - I do. Theres something to be said about that type of freedom in a big city. Torontonians are also known to give celebrities their space when they seem them. Ive seen Raptors, movie stars and I just say hi and wave. Kawhi Im sure if he hasnt already will grow to appreciate this. Who knows maybe he’ll just move here I heard he enjoys fishing just stay here for when the good weather comes around and do some fishing. Northern Ontario in the summer is the best place in the world imo.

Remember Bosh complaining about the tv channels here then his house got jacked for 250,000 worth of stuff a few months after he moved to Miami.

Think of having a lot of money yet feeling safe anywhere you go. And think of being a celebrity and getting privacy in a big city.

I hope he stays but regardless we still got this city and country after we wont lose that. Fortunate

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
            I can go to any corner of this town, any dark alley at night - I do.
            Are you a meth dealer?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Are you a meth dealer?
              no. I just look like I got nothin to jack (and i dont)

Comment

• I grew up bloor and lansdowne it was as bad as anywhere. Especially in the 90’s (the crack decade)

Comment

• Often you will hear stats like crime is down 40% in the past 25 years ya well theyre always comparing it to the crack days. It was out of hand then.

Sidetracked. Anyway freedom of movement in the city you live in is a very nice freedom to have

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                    The points made were good - health, team success, the organizations feel...but Ive been to a few places and upon returning to Toronto you get a warm fuzzy home feeling. Its a welcoming city. I can go to any corner of this town, any dark alley at night - I do. Theres something to be said about that type of freedom in a big city. Torontonians are also known to give celebrities their space when they seem them. Ive seen Raptors, movie stars and I just say hi and wave. Kawhi Im sure if he hasnt already will grow to appreciate this. Who knows maybe he’ll just move here I heard he enjoys fishing just stay here for when the good weather comes around and do some fishing. Northern Ontario in the summer is the best place in the world imo.

Remember Bosh complaining about the tv channels here then his house got jacked for 250,000 worth of stuff a few months after he moved to Miami.

Think of having a lot of money yet feeling safe anywhere you go. And think of being a celebrity and getting privacy in a big city.

I hope he stays but regardless we still got this city and country after we wont lose that. Fortunate
                    I never heard about this. I shouldn't laugh, but lol.

Comment

McKechnie was hired by Bryan. Would love to give the credit to Tim and Masai on that one, but Bryan did us a solid on that hire.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...s_feschuk.html

McKechnie is the sports scientist who has been a Raptors assistant coach since then-GM Bryan Colangelo brought him aboard in 2011. Before that he spent most of a decade helping the L.A. Lakers win a handful of championships; Shaquille O’Neal coined McKechnie “The Resurrector” for keeping the once-oft-injured centre healthy in his prime.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I never heard about this. I shouldn't laugh, but lol.
                        But ya its funny 😝

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nbcm...1.html%3famp=y

Comment

I think Webster saying "we think that our medical staff is the best that there is in the NBA" doesn't = "our medical staff is considered the best in the league" by anyone other than Webster lol.

I have no idea whether the Raptors staff is any better or worse than any other team in the NBA but we've certainly had out share of players return too early from injury and recurring nagging injuries to players like Lowry and Serge over multiple seasons ....

Comment

• Nice early remix.

Comment

• damn miami is hitting everything right now

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                                damn miami is hitting everything right now
                                When you forget what thread you're in

Comment

Working...
                                X