Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    So we're resigned to him being a rental? Because a lot of the posts read like people think he'll re-sign.
    IMO, best case is a 1+1 if we make the finals, win or lose; giving us another year on pins and needles, to match Lowry’s expiring. Assuming Kyle shows up in the playoffs when it matters. Big if.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I have it at 60/40 leaving, personally. Maybe more like 65/35.

And basically the 35% is only because Masai is a G
      MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      yeah he's a rental.
      golden wrote: View Post
      IMO, best case is a 1+1 if we make the finals, win or lose; giving us another year on pins and needles, to match Lowry’s expiring. Assuming Kyle shows up in the playoffs when it matters. Big if.
      Then from a team-building perspective... why not trade him for assets at the deadline? That was what everyone said when we made the trade: "If it doesn't look like he's going to stay, flip him for assets at the deadline".

And now that moment is fast approaching.

To be clear: I'm not saying we should trade him. Only that if we are fairly certain he is leaving, the option should be one we consider.
      Last edited by Scraptor; Tue Jan 22, 2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Wouldn't say that's a best case. Best case would be to lock him up on a 5 year deal. Worst case would be him walking. Next best would be the 1+1 deal. Ie, he gives us one more crack at it.

I suspect Kawhi to go the 2+1 route (or 1+1 and then another 1+1 following that) with any team he plays on. He can get a bigger max (35% vs 30%) if he waits to sign it after his 10th NBA season. This is his 8th season.

Comment

Then from a team-building perspective... why not trade him for assets at the deadline? That was what everyone said when we made the trade: "If it doesn't look like he's going to stay, flip him for assets at the deadline".

I'm not down to trade him for assets because enough of team building. Raps have a competitive roster that can make ECF. I just wanna see them go deep in playoffs. Future I don't really care that much. Future is always going to be there.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

To be clear: I'm not saying we should trade him. Only that if we are fairly certain he is leaving, the option should be one we consider.
            Because the goal is still championship and Kawhi gives us like a 5% chance, where it was negative before and will be after any trade this season. Again, it’s not certain he’s leaving either. That’s like 80-90%, and a lot depends on how well Kawhi and Lowry play. There are enough shades of grey to the leaving question to make it worth the risk.

Comment

• Kawhi fits Canada. Low key and strong. The claw. It all fits. He stays 100%!!!!....I hope 😝

Comment

2 reasons:

1. For me personally, 35% is a pretty nice chance to keep him. That number could still go up or down as the season progresses. Nothing is certain yet, especially until a playoff run. The mission here is still to try and convince Kawhi and Uncle Dennis to stay. Masai probably has a wine and steak date with Dennis coming up again soon

2. This is THE year. We've never been this close. And we've never had an all world player. You don't cut bait and rebuild to try for what's already here. I believe this is the 2nd best team in the NBA when healthy, it's time to take our best shot. As SR says "one season is heaven is better than no seasons in heaven". Flipping Kawhi for picks was never a realistic plan C and anybody who suggested it was a dork.

It's full steam ahead into the playoffs. After that it's full steam get Kawhi stay. Hopefully at the end we either get a finals appearance or an extension or both. But we're gonna die trying.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Wouldn't say that's a best case. Best case would be to lock him up on a 5 year deal. Worst case would be him walking. Next best would be the 1+1 deal. Ie, he gives us one more crack at it.

I suspect Kawhi to go the 2+1 route (or 1+1 and then another 1+1 following that) with any team he plays on. He can get a bigger max (35% vs 30%) if he waits to sign it after his 10th NBA season. This is his 8th season.

Good point. 1+1 is more like a realistic best case, i.e., if we make the finals and say, KD leaves the Warriors.

Comment

Because Kawhi gives the Raptors the best opportunity to win a championship which Masai has stated before is his mandate.

And I don't think anyone was saying to trade kawhi at the deadline if it doesn't look like he's going to stay. I think the general consensus was to trade him if he was refusing to play or dogging it. He's been terrific so far and we've got as good a chance as any team to make it to the finals. Masai will not pass up that opportunity.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Toronto is the last place he wanted or expected to be. Let’s not pretend that he’s devoted to this city like Demar or Amir Johnson. All signs are pointing to him doing the bare minimum and then leaving in the off-season. That said, if Kawhi’s bare minimum is showing out in the playoffs, like he can, then it’s all good.

If the regular season mattered to Masai, Demar and Casey would still be here.
                      Disagree. I don't think there are any new signs one way or the other....and that's the way Kawhi wants it
                      Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Jan 22, 2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• On the glass half full side, maybe part of his motivation for rest is the Raptors playoff drive and not just his next deal.

Remember, spurs were killing warriors in game 1 when Kawhi went down with Injury in I believe the 3rd quarter. The rest of the spurs were then dispatched easily...and Then everything that happened last year.

That's 2 straight years he missed playoffs because of injury and circumstances. Hes probably a little shook. Hes got 2 finals appearances and a finals mvp. He has a chance at another and probably feels he had a chance in 2017 before he got zaza'd...you dont wanna screw up many more opportunities, you only get a handful in your prime if you're lucky
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• We're talking about trading Kawhi again? Ridiculous.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            We're talking about trading Kawhi again? Ridiculous.
                            0% chance.
                            Next ....

Comment

• Everyone it's midday, go get drunk, and give the Kwahi chatter some restttt!

Zzzzzzzzzz easyyyy breezy

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X