Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Guys...nurse, webster, Casey, masai...they all lie to us. All the fucking time

You know why? Because the average person and the average fan is fucking stupid. And we're in the Twitter generation. So we're on a need to know basis.
    Agreed. It's most likely a complete 180 from what Webster said (sorry Dan). Kawhi is probably giving the Raps the same treatment the Spurs got last year. Sure, he plays really hard when he plays, but he doesn't like to play unless he's 110%. Some guys are just wussy like that. Kawhi calling the shots on a game-to-game basis would be my best guess, but there's no way Raps PR would be putting that story out there.

Comment

• tbh..we ought to stop speculating...he'll try his best in the playoffs ...then leave..I can bet you that

Comment

The same guys saying "face it, hes for sure not staying" are the same ones saying "face it he wont even show up in Toronto"...or "face it, you'll never get him for demar" or.."this team is on a treadmill and should blow it up"...speaking of, where the fuck is that troll sonny at??

The worst part of message boards is the negative ass bums with pringles on their chest hair and type about what we cant do.

They cant relate to masai ujiri because they can't wrap their heads around the type of people that are doers, achievers, get it done types. Too busy staring at the ground.
        it's about being realistic ...not negative...there's a difference

Comment

Guys...nurse, webster, Casey, masai...they all lie to us. All the fucking time

You know why? Because the average person and the average fan is fucking stupid. And we're in the Twitter generation. So we're on a need to know basis.
          agreed

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
            tbh..we ought to stop speculating...he'll try his best in the playoffs ...then leave..I can bet you that
            "Stop speculating...just give up all hope because my guess is fact"

No. And you're off to a rocky start around here lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Honesty is important, though. Overweight wives appreciate total honesty. How could a politician get elected with being totally honest? If your competitors product is better than yours, shareholders want you to honestly inform the public of that fact. Even posters here really want to know what fellow posters honestly think of them.
              Dan's a serious journalist now. Sources can't be preaching the gospel one day and need to be parsed the next.

Look Nurse is dim, whatever, we're tops in the league. Webster shouldn't get quoted as having the data if his IBM Watson powered war room needs tech support. And Kawhi either is healthy enough to play back to backs weeks ago, or he's just an MVP candidate 67% of the time.

Still the best season in franchise history.

Comment

"Stop speculating...just give up all hope because my guess is fact"

No. And you're off to a rocky start around here lol
                tbh don't care...you're gonna be heart broken when he leaves .

Comment

Are you even a raptors fan?
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

No I wont be because I'm not a teenage girl. I've been through a lot worse in life and in sports.

But it's more fun to get excited about the hope of something, then to get to be the one who says "see I was right!!" When it doesnt work..I've been around these boards long enough to see those guys eat crow over and over again.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

No I wont be because I'm not a teenage girl. I've been through a lot worse in life and in sports.

But it's more fun to get excited about the hope of something, then to get to be the one who says "see I was right!!" When it doesnt work..I've been around these boards long enough to see those guys eat crow over and over again.
                      to each his own ...i prefer logic over hopre/faith

Comment

to each his own ...i prefer logic over hopre/faith
                        Is your wife a doctor?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Let's hope that's what it is. But if you're right, then there's no rhyme or reason to Kawhi sitting/playing, at least what Bobby Webster and Co are letting on to the public. And that's what kicked off this mini-debate and why the public/media is confused - it's all by design?
                          I have never said there's no rhyme or reason to Kawhi sitting/playing. I've been steadfast that the medical team is overseeing his recovery from last year's injury, and is making calls as the season goes along based on the tracking data and day to day status updates from Kawhi, exactly like Webster suggested. Why would we assume otherwise? If your answer is that we are Raptors fans and therefore have a pathological need to assume the worst in any situation, sure, that's fine.

But I've seen no logical argument why we would not assume the simplest answer here - the team has a process that they are following and they don't feel the need to update the media on the day to day progression of that process with any more advance than is pretty much required by the NBA.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I have never said there's no rhyme or reason to Kawhi sitting/playing. I've been steadfast that the medical team is overseeing his recovery from last year's injury, and is making calls as the season goes along based on the tracking data and day to day status updates from Kawhi, exactly like Webster suggested. Why would we assume otherwise? If your answer is that we are Raptors fans and therefore have a pathological need to assume the worst in any situation, sure, that's fine.

But I've seen no logical argument why we would not assume the simplest answer here - the team has a process that they are following and they don't feel the need to update the media on the day to day progression of that process with any more advance than is pretty much required by the NBA.

I do feel bad for those who pay for expensive tickets (especially those who fly into Toronto to watch the raps/kawhi) and then suddenly find out that he won't play cause he needs "rest."

Comment

I do feel bad for those who pay for expensive tickets (especially those who fly into Toronto to watch the raps/kawhi) and then suddenly find out that he won't play cause he needs "rest."
                              Sure. But I feel bad for fans who do that and then guys get traded or injured, too. And it is still worth noting that after tonight's game Kawhi will have missed 10 road games to 4 home games, so the team does seem to be at least somewhat cognizant of that impact on the fans.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Sure. But I feel bad for fans who do that and then guys get traded or injured, too. And it is still worth noting that after tonight's game Kawhi will have missed 10 road games to 4 home games, so the team does seem to be at least somewhat cognizant of that impact on the fans.
                                disagree ....traded and injured are justifiable imo vs "rest" ...thr guy gets paid millions and he's still young ....whereas most people use their hard earned money to pay for these tickets to see such players play...imagine the disappointment for parents and their kids

Comment

Working...
                                X