Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I have never said there's no rhyme or reason to Kawhi sitting/playing. I've been steadfast that the medical team is overseeing his recovery from last year's injury, and is making calls as the season goes along based on the tracking data and day to day status updates from Kawhi, exactly like Webster suggested. Why would we assume otherwise? If your answer is that we are Raptors fans and therefore have a pathological need to assume the worst in any situation, sure, that's fine.

But I've seen no logical argument why we would not assume the simplest answer here - the team has a process that they are following and they don't feel the need to update the media on the day to day progression of that process with any more advance than is pretty much required by the NBA.
    *sigh*. You're choosing to read some words from Webster's dictionary and refusing to acknowledge others.

Me: The franchise probably isn't giving us the real story on Kawhi's availability
    DanH: No. It's exactly as Webster says it is.
    Me: Well check out Nurse's quotes. He obviously isn't on board with Webster
    DanH: Well, the franchise is known to put false stuff out there with Casey
    Me: Ok, so we agree, you can't trust what the Raps are telling us
    Me: Honey, you're totally right. Can we eat dinner now?

Comment

• Sherm and Jonsey just provided the receipts.

Kawhi isn't broken, load management confirmed.

Comment

• The phrase "load management" was never used until a few days ago..now its RR lexicon
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
          what's the conjecture? it's load management determined by the medical staff according to nurse.

family isn't important to him ? he listens to his uncle ..and appears to treat him like a father figure as his father past away

face it ...he's not staying ..I assume you have $100 in your account and I'm willing to bet the the won't stay
          Wait, what??? When you read this again, do even you know what you were attempting to say?
          Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jan 23, 2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            *sigh*. You're choosing to read some words from Webster's dictionary and refusing to acknowledge others.

Me: The franchise probably isn't giving us the real story on Kawhi's availability
            Me: Well check out Nurse's quotes. He obviously isn't on board with Webster
            DanH: Well, the franchise is known to put false stuff out there with Casey
            Me: Ok, so we agree, you can't trust what the Raps are telling us
            Me: Honey, you're totally right. Can we eat dinner now?
            I don't follow. The franchise is not divulging anything specific about Kawhi's rest schedule. A GM outlining a general plan vs a coach divulging lineup details are two very different things.

I'm saying we have no reason to believe that it is anything other than what Webster said. What reason would he have to lie? While Nurse has every reason not to disclose particulars about Leonard to give teams a chance to prep earlier than the NBA-gambling-deal-mandated timeline. Never mind that Kawhi (and the famously tight-lipped management team, as well) would probably prefer the details of his health be kept in house when possible.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think some on here are actually Clippers employees

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                The phrase "load management" was never used until a few days ago..now its RR lexicon
                Raps management is selling us a load.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Raps management is selling us a load.
                  I would too. We're on eggshells with Kawhi theres no denying iy
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I would too. We're on eggshells with Kawhi theres no denying iy
                    Who's we? You can't be talking about us RR posters. If nothing else, we're way more on board with Masai's "championship or bust" aspirations than the so-called casual fan (*cough* bandwagoner) that got pissed off when DeRozan got traded.

If Kawhi stays or goes, or even gets hurt before the playoffs, I'm still 1000% behind Masai taking the home run swing in the first place. And I'm fully confident that whatever plan B or C is, I can get behind that too.
                    Last edited by golden; Wed Jan 23, 2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      Wait, what??? When you read this again, do even you know what you were attempting to say?
                      yes ...and I'll say it again ..he's not staying lol

Comment

• I may be biased because I want to know what's going on, but at this stage wouldn't the Raptors be served by actually giving us the real explanation to what's happening here? People are already coming up with things like "Kawhi is treating the Raptors like the Spurs and choosing not to play despite being cleared." Unless the official explanation is that bad, you really should let us in on this.

The big problem is the lack of warning. If the Raptors came out and said before the weekend "Kawhi is going to take the next week off as it's best from a load management perspective" then everyone would have looked at them side-eyed, but at least it would seem planned and structured. Day-to-day "load management" decisions make no sense and everyone knows it.

I think they either have to a) come up with a better lie, or b) if it's not that bad, if it's a slight injury or something that he's dealing with that's day to day, just be up front about it. Because the PR here is really not good, and unless the truth is really bad, it's completely avoidable.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Well, it appears you've sobered up again anyways

Comment

This type of mentality is ridiculous. What fun do you have watching sports if this is your mentality?

Yeah there is a chance he leaves, we’ll all be disappointed but we’ll move on, but just like every other true Raptors fan, we all hope he stays.

Its the same type of mentality as calling a loss after the first quarter when the team is playing like shit, a lot happens in the other 36 mins of a game, and a lot of things change during an NBA season.

Hope is a big part of sports. Fans of good teams hope to win every game, hope to win championships. Fans of bad teams hope to have good draft picks and have hope to become good when they draft a future star player.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                              I may be biased because I want to know what's going on, but at this stage wouldn't the Raptors be served by actually giving us the real explanation to what's happening here? People are already coming up with things like "Kawhi is treating the Raptors like the Spurs and choosing not to play despite being cleared." Unless the official explanation is that bad, you really should let us in on this.

The big problem is the lack of warning. If the Raptors came out and said before the weekend "Kawhi is going to take the next week off as it's best from a load management perspective" then everyone would have looked at them side-eyed, but at least it would seem planned and structured. Day-to-day "load management" decisions make no sense and everyone knows it.

I think they either have to a) come up with a better lie, or b) if it's not that bad, if it's a slight injury or something that he's dealing with that's day to day, just be up front about it. Because the PR here is really not good, and unless the truth is really bad, it's completely avoidable.
                              I think you are dramatically underestimating the desire to have something to complain about. If they did as you suggested, the "side-eye" you mention would be just as big as it currently is.

They were completely up-front with the minor injury he suffered earlier in the year, why would they suddenly not be now?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I believe this was the first time this year where Kawhi sat out both games of a back to back and not just one. That's where the angst is coming from I bet.

I love that our organization is treating him with kid gloves. I couldn't care less about the bad PR it's creating. What I want is Kawhi to come back. And one of the biggest reasons why he fell out of favour with the Spurs was because of his health and how poorly it was handled.

He may leave anyway.. but at least we've tried to keep him. And you can never get mad at the organization for trying as hard as they are to keep him.

Comment

Working...
                                X