Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    So again, you honestly think this is all just Kawhi looking at the Calendar and saying "Naah, I don't feel like it. Fuck em"? Really?
    Even if that's really how he is. Then what?
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So again, you honestly think this is all just Kawhi looking at the Calendar and saying "Naah, I don't feel like it. Fuck em"? Really?
      How many threads can you guys have this argument in lol. Let’s bring over to the politics thread so it can die.

Comment

No, it's just seems to be an overcautious exercise in load management.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          No, it's just seems to be an overcautious exercise in load management.
          I mean, sure, it might seem that way from our completely ignorant vantage point. But unless you have all the same details that management does, I'm not sure that actually really means anything at all.

As I've said, I just don't understand the angst .. I would if we had clear information that showed the "Load Management" to be nothing more than 'Mental Health Days' for Kawhi, or if we were actually truly suffering as a team because of this absences. But we don't, and we're not. So I just don't get it. Yes, we lost to Detroit. Oh well. Golden State just lost to Orlando with Durant on the bench, and the day before that to Miami with Cousins on the bench. Do you think they're sweating it?
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Mar 4, 2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            How many threads can you guys have this argument in lol. Let’s bring over to the politics thread so it can die.

I'ma go find everything greg steimsma thread and keep complaining about Kawhi
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I mean, sure, it might seem that way from our completely ignorant vantage point. But unless you have all the same details that management does, I'm not sure that actually really means anything at all.

As I've said, I just don't understand the angst .. I would if we had clear information that showed the "Load Management" to be nothing more than 'Mental Health Days' for Kawhi, or if we were actually truly suffering as a team because of this absences. But we don't, and we're not. So I just don't get it. Yes, we lost to Detroit. Oh well. Golden State just lost to Orlando with Durant on the bench, and the day before that to Miami with Cousins on the bench. Do you think they're sweating it?
              Yeah, I get that it's not a big deal. It's just...annoying at the time when you know the vast majority of players are playing through some kind of malady. It makes plenty of sense (from management's POV) to keep him as happy and healthy as possible going into the post season, but it also makes sense to use these games to get the team finely tuned for the offseason, try to get home court advantage, etc.

It's really just a little perplexing given that these aren't back to backs, we've got an easy pace to finish the season as it is.

Comment

Yep.
                His being 100% seems to be pretty important to him.

I think if you're hurt, just say it. People would respect all this other shit a great deal more.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Yep.
                  His being 100% seems to be pretty important to him.

I think if you're hurt, just say it. People would respect all this other shit a great deal more.
                  How do you know Kawhi hasn't done exactly this with Masai? Masai is notorious for holding his cards close to his chest, no?

Comment

• nah, to your bosses, not to your immediate management.

Who do you think his bosses are?

Comment

• Kawhi out for load management tomorrow even though he sat the whole 4th yesterday.

He needs to be healthy but he also needs to get reps and this is still a team looking to find its rhythm with its rotations. I'd rather see him play a game like this one, hasn't exactly had a heavy schedule lately.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Kawhi out for load management tomorrow even though he sat the whole 4th yesterday.

He needs to be healthy but he also needs to get reps and this is still a team looking to find its rhythm with its rotations. I'd rather see him play a game like this one, hasn't exactly had a heavy schedule lately.
                        Meh, he was never going to play both halves of the back to back. So with it being a short break between Friday and Sunday games (late Friday, early Sunday) they gave him the first game off.

I'd understand being annoyed if they sat him for CLE too (which I could see them doing but hope they don't, I agree we need some reps with those staggered bench units).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Meh, he was never going to play both halves of the back to back. So with it being a short break between Friday and Sunday games (late Friday, early Sunday) they gave him the first game off.

I'd understand being annoyed if they sat him for CLE too (which I could see them doing but hope they don't, I agree we need some reps with those staggered bench units).
                          Man, just watching him in the 3Q by the 6 minute mark he looked totally gassed and you can tell by his jumper, they were all flat and short, hitting the front of the rim. After shooting the lights out, he missed his last 3 or 4 shots like that. He had a couple of free throws where while waiting at the line he was bent over, grabbing his shorts. The man needs to play just to get in shape. Nothing replicates live game action. Does anybody else notice this. If he is healthy, load manage the back-to-backs, but please for the teams sake, Kawhi should play all other games IMHO.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Man, just watching him in the 3Q by the 6 minute mark he looked totally gassed and you can tell by his jumper, they were all flat and short, hitting the front of the rim. After shooting the lights out, he missed his last 3 or 4 shots like that. He had a couple of free throws where while waiting at the line he was bent over, grabbing his shorts. The man needs to play just to get in shape. Nothing replicates live game action. Does anybody else notice this. If he is healthy, load manage the back-to-backs, but please for the teams sake, Kawhi should play all other games IMHO.
                            W've been saying this since the AS break. At this point, no point in keeping saying it, just gotta trust Masai

Comment

• If Kawhi signs elsewhere next year, it's going to be interesting to see if this whole load management continues.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X