Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    "Believe in this city. Believe in yourselves" - Masai Ujiri
    I believe in the City of Toronto and I believe in myself. I'm just not sure about Marc Gasol, Nick Nurse and Kyle Lowry in the playoffs. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I believe in the City of Toronto and I believe in myself. I'm just not sure about Marc Gasol, Nick Nurse and Kyle Lowry in the playoffs. lol.
      But you believe in Lou Williams and Danilo Gallinari?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

But you believe in Lou Williams and Danilo Gallinari?
        I still believe in Masai but he's testing that faith, big time. Especially with the JV-Gasol trade.

Lou Will? If used properly (hint: not by a coach named Dwane). Gallo? Sure, when he's not injured, which is a lot and he's getting old. So, I guess it's a no. If Kawhi leaves, he's easily tradable as an expiring and could be a Raptor in a sign & trade to clear another max slot for the Clips.

Do you believe in Nick Nurse over Doc Rivers?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I still believe in Masai but he's testing that faith, big time. Especially with the JV-Gasol trade.

Lou Will? If used properly (hint: not by a coach named Dwane). Gallo? Sure, when he's not injured, which is a lot and he's getting old. So, I guess it's a no. If Kawhi leaves, he's easily tradable as an expiring and could be a Raptor in a sign & trade to clear another max slot for the Clips.

Do you believe in Nick Nurse over Doc Rivers?
          I'm not sure I see the correlation though between Doc vs Nurse when it comes to Kawhi. Do players legit like to go somewhere because a coach is there? Pops is the greatest coach in the NBA if not sport, and their best free agent acquisition was who, Aldridge? I mean Kawhi didn't even want to play for Pops.

Only reason Kawhi leaves is to be closer to home. It won't be for basketball reasons. If it was than Toronto is in a better a situation. Simply because we're out East. Nurse or Doc or Gallo or Lou Will?? None of that matters.

The Gasol trade is in Masai's top 3 worst transactions as a Raptor GM in my opinion though. Can't say it's the worst though.. the worst is probably not firing Casey after the Wizards sweep. The Carroll signing/contract is probably second. I know plenty of people who are still happy about that Gasol trade though. But man it's looking worse and worse.

Hopefully we see some of Gasol's leadership come through in the playoffs. I suspect that's why Masai got him. We needed a grizzled vet in the locker room - especially after last year's debacle. JV is a great guy but not quite a leader. A really expensive grizzled vet but one nonetheless.

Comment

I'm not sure I see the correlation though between Doc vs Nurse when it comes to Kawhi. Do players legit like to go somewhere because a coach is there? Pops is the greatest coach in the NBA if not sport, and their best free agent acquisition was who, Aldridge? I mean Kawhi didn't even want to play for Pops.

Only reason Kawhi leaves is to be closer to home. It won't be for basketball reasons. If it was than Toronto is in a better a situation. Simply because we're out East. Nurse or Doc or Gallo or Lou Will?? None of that matters.

The Gasol trade is in Masai's top 3 worst transactions as a Raptor GM in my opinion though. Can't say it's the worst though.. the worst is probably not firing Casey after the Wizards sweep. The Carroll signing/contract is probably second. I know plenty of people who are still happy about that Gasol trade though. But man it's looking worse and worse.

Hopefully we see some of Gasol's leadership come through in the playoffs. I suspect that's why Masai got him. We needed a grizzled vet in the locker room - especially after last year's debacle. JV is a great guy but not quite a leader. A really expensive grizzled vet but one nonetheless.
            Some players do choose teams in free agency because of the coach. Lowry would be a Spur..... if Pop wanted him. It is definitely part of the overall equation.

Raptors’ Kyle Lowry says his interest in joining the Spurs was real
            https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ng-spurs-real/

“It was real for me,” Lowry told Express-News reporter Jabari Young of his interest in signing with the Spurs. “But it wasn’t real for them. That’s a part of the business that people don’t know. I would have loved to come here, but it didn’t work out. The conversation didn’t happen. If the conversation happened, I would tell you, but it didn’t happen.

“Gregg Popovich is one of the best coaches in the history of the NBA,” Lowry told Young. “I knew the culture, but at the end of the day I came back to a situation that was best for me that I loved and happy to be in.

Comment

If you'r calling winners and losers on the Gasol trade now, when hes been in game action 3 weeks, and a month before playoffs, you're doing it wrong.

gasol was not brought in to help destroy Cleveland and new Orleans in early March..

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

If you'r calling winners and losers on the Gasol trade now, when hes been in game action 3 weeks, and a month before playoffs, you're doing it wrong.

gasol was not brought in to help destroy Cleveland and new Orleans in early March..
                I frankly don't know what Gasol was brought in for.. I'm not seeing a reason why from his play on the court. You can say Nurse is using him wrong.. but then why would he be using him right suddenly in the playoffs? For me it was a panic move.. a move made because the 76ers and Bucks did something. I don't think Gasol made us better. At best he makes us the same. Passing from the post is not something this team needed. We needed rebounding, 3pt shooting and more defense. Gasol's defense is over rated.. especially along the perimeter. He's definitely poor at rebounding. Has he hit a 3 as a Raptor yet? And our chemistry is sh!t.

At this point, the only thing I'm expecting is leadership from him in the playoffs. Like we could have used against the Cavs last year. And that's sad, considering we could have just picked up some vet from the scrap heap. ZBo for example is not with a team.

Yeah it's early.. but we had good early returns from both Serge and Tucker when they were brought in around the deadline two years ago.

I hate people who say "I told you so".. I'm hoping he proves me wrong. I really am. Just a frustrated fan.

Comment

• Sounds like you could use some load management.

Trust me, the frustration just melts away.

Comment

Has he hit a 3 as a Raptor yet?
                    hes definitely hit a couple! so take that!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

hes definitely hit a couple! so take that!
                      Yeah! He's 4 for 14 in 12 games!
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Surprised no one has posted this yet:

My hopes grow higher each day that he'll stay, but man do I not want to get my heart broken if he leaves.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Surprised no one has posted this yet:

My hopes grow higher each day that he'll stay, but man do I not want to get my heart broken if he leaves.
                          It was buzzing last night in the pistons gdt

but yeah, Kawhi happy

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Surprised no one has posted this yet:

Not pushing Serge's arm off here.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Goldblum can exhale now. lol.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Chill mode Kawhi is down for cuddles. Game face Kawhi says GTFO with that.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X