• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Now this is some hilarious shit:

A day in the life of a Raptors fan:

https://streamable.com/g2mqt

Courtesy of /u/ImOffside on the Raps subreddit
    Perhaps Keon was blinded by the deeply concerning real life roots of that video ... (Keon, that's not like you) ... but I laughed my ass off the whole time. (granted you'd added the title by the time I came to see it.)

Comment

• A little perspective from the front page:

Kawhi got his 14th double-double of the season against the Thunder on Wednesday. He is averaging 27.0 points per contest, ranking him eighth in the league in scoring (I wouldn't have guessed that). He has topped the 30-point threshold 21 times this year and has led the Raptors in scoring 43 times this season (majority of the games he's played), the most ever by a player in his first season with the Raptors, which I guess is not a surprise

Comment

• He good.

And...he stay.

Comment

• Yes Paul.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Yes Paul.
            Ironic is that George was nearly a Raptor, had the Thunder said yes. How would THAT have changed this entire tweet lol

Personally I don't think PG would have resigned here. What kept him I believe mostly was Russ. Russ is a bigger star, and PG was looking for that. He didn't want to be the face of a franchise, and he wanted help.

Kawhi, I don't think he wants to pair up with another star. I mean, Siakam organically becoming a star is great, but he think he really likes the idea of having the keys around here.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Ironic is that George was nearly a Raptor, had the Thunder said yes. How would THAT have changed this entire tweet lol

Personally I don't think PG would have resigned here. What kept him I believe mostly was Russ. Russ is a bigger star, and PG was looking for that. He didn't want to be the face of a franchise, and he wanted help.

Kawhi, I don't think he wants to pair up with another star. I mean, Siakam organically becoming a star is great, but he think he really likes the idea of having the keys around here.
              I don't know how "near" PG was to being a Raptor. The report was that Masai "tried" to offer DeRozan to the Pacers for PG. Keep in mind that the Pacers have seen DeMar up close in the playoffs at his worst (humiliated by PG, ironically), so I'd imagine Indy hung up the phone pretty quick, especially with DeMar locked into a max contract.

Comment

I really hope you're right.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I don't know how "near" PG was to being a Raptor. The report was that Masai "tried" to offer DeRozan to the Pacers for PG. Keep in mind that the Pacers have seen DeMar up close in the playoffs at his worst (humiliated by PG, ironically), so I'd imagine Indy hung up the phone pretty quick, especially with DeMar locked into a max contract.
                  Dipo was pretty awful too though.. especially as Russ' second fiddle. They wanted a young guy with potential that was locked up (small market teams do that). Being able to trade George to the West I'm sure trumped Masai's offer. But I don't think it was DeMar's playoff performance that soured them on that deal. Dipo's was worse lol.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Dipo was pretty awful too though.. especially as Russ' second fiddle. They wanted a young guy with potential that was locked up (small market teams do that). Being able to trade George to the West I'm sure trumped Masai's offer. But I don't think it was DeMar's playoff performance that soured them on that deal. Dipo's was worse lol.
                    Underrated part of the deal is Sabonis, who is improving each season and is now at 14 and 9 (20 and 13 per 36), very JV like, at 22 years old. Dipo for George is one thing, Dipo AND Sabonis? It's easy to see why both the Thunder and Pacers are very content.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Underrated part of the deal is Sabonis, who is improving each season and is now at 14 and 9 (20 and 13 per 36), very JV like, at 22 years old. Dipo for George is one thing, Dipo AND Sabonis? It's easy to see why both the Thunder and Pacers are very content.
                      Sabonis doesn't seem to have a high-high ceiling, but is solid. He's done really well for them. Dark horse for 6th man (it's going to be Lou's again though) in just his third season in the league. Yeah that was a win-win trade. Love when those happen.

Comment

• #HeStay

Comment

#HeStay

The plateauing comment was a bit worrisome. Could be some kind of chronic condition that will linger the rest of his career, which could also mean we may never see 2014 level Kawhi again.

Comment

The plateauing comment was a bit worrisome. Could be some kind of chronic condition that will linger the rest of his career, which could also mean we may never see 2014 level Kawhi again.
                            He goes on to say they figured out a way and now things are good. I read that as "plateau behind us"
                            The whole thing is a validation of the Raptor handling of his health and also another shot over the bow of the Spurs

Comment

Seems to speak more to that mid-season stretch where everyone lost their minds because he wasn't just resting back to backs, and the plan is off the rails because Nurse said the resting might be less in the second half of the season, and reasonable posters pointed out that they had way more information than we did and were pretty clearly taking extra precautions to make sure he was as healthy as possible long term, because Kawhi's happiness with the treatment of his health would likely be a key contributor to his happiness here, and... voila.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

#HeStay

That's interesting. Might be the first time I seen an admittance that the load management plan is as much about keeping him fresh as it is about his former injury. I'm still unclear what that former injury was and why it's impacting him so far removed from it. It's like an ongoing and in-game rehab process.

Comment

Working...
                                X