Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Well, it's not going to be a Gasol shutting him down for 7 games or Embiid going off for 7 games event. It will be back and forth. Some games Gasol will get the better of it and some games Embiid will get the better of Gasol.

While Toronto matches up well with Philly, the Sixers have a bunch of very good players and they are all going to pose problems. Raps just need to get the better of them more often than not.... they won't dominate Philly the way the have dominated the Magic.
    Fair take right there

Comment

Well, it's not going to be a Gasol shutting him down for 7 games or Embiid going off for 7 games event. It will be back and forth. Some games Gasol will get the better of it and some games Embiid will get the better of Gasol.

While Toronto matches up well with Philly, the Sixers have a bunch of very good players and they are all going to pose problems. Raps just need to get the better of them more often than not.... they won't dominate Philly the way the have dominated the Magic.
      This is a fair and reasonable take.

Then again, I kinda do think its going to be Gasol shutting him down consistently... Though there won't be 7 games for him to do it in.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This is a fair and reasonable take.

Then again, I kinda do think its going to be Gasol shutting him down consistently... Though there won't be 7 games for him to do it in.
        And we likely won't see a Vuc-level disappearance either (despite Embiid's peg leg). But I can see Gasol slowing him down, and possibly goading him into a few techs along the way

Comment

• The big question for the Sixers are if Harris and Redick can defend at a high level. Raps don't have a glaring defensive weakness in the starting lineup, whereas the Sixers have one, maybe 2. Playoffs are all about getting switches to ruthlessly attack weak defenders. And unlike the Nets with Jarrett Allen, the Sixers can't rely on Embiid to erase all of their defensive mistakes at the rim because Gasol is going to force him to come out to the elbow or beyond to guard him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            The big question for the Sixers are if Harris and Redick can defend at a high level. Raps don't have a glaring defensive weakness in the starting lineup, whereas the Sixers have one, maybe 2. Playoffs are all about getting switches to ruthlessly attack weak defenders. And unlike the Nets with Jarrett Allen, the Sixers can't rely on Embiid to erase all of their defensive mistakes at the rim because Gasol is going to force him to come out to the elbow or beyond to guard him.
            Yeah, Reddick's man is going to be setting a lot of screens for Kawhi this series in key situations. Having said that, not sure Toronto needs to hunt down specific matchups too much. I'd like to see them continue to work through both Leonard and Siakam, run the ball through Gasol as well, let Lowry pick his spots, sprinkle in Green here and there.... I like Toronto's offense against anyone.

Philly is going to need to find a way to free up Simmons. I think how that plays out, rather than Embiid, is going to be the key to the series. If Simmons can operate in the paint and spread the ball around to Harris and Reddick and Butler, Raps will have some serious troubles.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

And we likely won't see a Vuc-level disappearance either (despite Embiid's peg leg). But I can see Gasol slowing him down, and possibly goading him into a few techs along the way
              Gasol has pretty much owned Embiid for the last couple years. I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see a similar disappearing act from Embiid. Especially with him limping.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Personally I fear the 76ers bench more than their starters (which is weird to say). We don't match up well with Boban/Moose. Scott always gives us fits. McConnell basically neutralizes Fred. You could give Fred the slight nod but it's really a wash.

Wish we had OG healthy for this series. We could use the extra size against them. But we'll need Powell to be more good than bad. We'll need his defense on Butler as the 76ers love doing a Butler/bench line up.

Comment

He's an expert!
                  And he's making a serviceable $10M/yr just like Danny Green.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

And he's making a serviceable $10M/yr just like Danny Green.
                    With the kind of money ESPN threw at the NBA in their TV deal, $10M seems like peanuts. He's probably under paid considering the clicks he gets. I'm sure the casuals love hearing him yap away.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

With the kind of money ESPN threw at the NBA in their TV deal, $10M seems like peanuts. He's probably under paid considering the clicks he gets. I'm sure the casuals love hearing him yap away.
                      *athlete signs for 8 million*
                      these contracts are nuts!
                      *guy just yapping and making statements about sports like you would at a bar signs for 10 million*
                      ...crickets...
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

*guy just yapping and making statements about sports like you would at a bar signs for 10 million*
                        ...crickets...
                        I think the unfair sentiment towards athletes' salaries tend to surface around labour disputes.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          All aboard the hype train....

I've been saying this for a while. The only diff between MJ and Kawhi is Kawhi is not flashy and not a high flyer like MJ. But their game is very similar.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

...crickets...
                            $10 million for ESPN's Stephen A.? That is mind blowing money for a sports talking head. Very generous.

Comment

...crickets...
                              He gets the big bucks because no one hates on the Raptors better or more consistent. SAS is guarding Kyle next series, in his mind.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Such a weird take if youve watched both teams this playoffs, especially since Embiid is clearly hurt.

Though I suppose the guy has never cared about the accuracy of his predictions.
                                I'd go after his injury hard...make him run, bang him off screens, and I'd personally fall on the side of his knee at least once or twice a game to put more stress on it.

Yep.

Eff him

Comment

Working...
                                X