Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    (re officiating: Hopefully we'll find ourselves past a situation where the league is actively trying to tank us because we're a less desirable market as Canadians. But no team in the NBA will ever be past shady officiating, come on now. )
    If there was conspiracy against us, it's more that we don't factor into the NBA's huge Media deals. NBA, ESPN, or TNT or whoever, they all make less money airing our games than even a Hornets game or something, because they don't get our Ad Revenues. Same reason we always got the shaft on the early/bad start times.

And the only way to beat the refs is to make it so the game is so far our of their hands they have no choice, like we did against Orlando.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 24, 2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not only that, but he's extremely calculated and I'm pretty sure is not 100% one way or the other yet (who would be?)

The last thing he wants is to be public enemy again in another city that he leaves. If he hands a good run here and then leaves he'll probably get a "thank you" applause his next time here. If he teases too much and then walks people will feel resentful. Better to have many thinking you'll leave and bless them with a good surprise, than thinking you'll stay and give them a mean surprise
      Ha, yeah interesting. He's either extremely calculated or extremely uncalculated. All in all, I kind of lean towards the latter.
      In my mind, he doesn't even wanna think about it too much himself, he just wants to stay healthy, play the games and win.
      He's a strange cat. But he's one of the most incredible players the NBA has ever seen and I still can't believe he's our strange cat.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Did you watch Embiid last night? I don't see him disappearing personally. And Marc isn't built to make him run the floor which would normally be a good game plan if he continues to be hobbled.
        Did you watch who was guarding him? Was it Marc Gasol? Not sure the relevance of what Embiid did against the scrawny Nets.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Did you watch who was guarding him? Was it Marc Gasol? Not sure the relevance of what Embiid did against the scrawny Nets.
          You're taking my comment out of context.

You stated that you "wouldn't be entirely shocked to see a similar disappearing act from Embiid. Especially with him limping."
          If you watched his last game, he didn't look particularly injured and was taunting players, playing to the crowd and beasting. I just don;t see a "similar disappearing act" coming in the playoffs.

Hopeful but doubtful....same answer for those that think Gasol will physically body him. That's not Marc's game.

Comment

• Pesky Clippers

Comment

• Love the inflatable raptor throwback
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Love the inflatable raptor throwback
                That was awesome!

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Love the inflatable raptor throwback
                  was that all inspired by Nurse's open mouth meme?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

was that all inspired by Nurse's open mouth meme?
                    the inflatable raptors bit? that was a throwback to a viral videos from like the mid 2000s were the raptors swallowed up 2 cheerleaders on center court.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• That whole episode was hilarious. Masai telling Lowry that he tried to trade him too but nobody wanted him was just so funny. And the Poeltl bits. Wish they had Casey in there too though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

That was awesome!
                          Bravo.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            That whole episode was hilarious. Masai telling Lowry that he tried to trade him too but nobody wanted him was just so funny. And the Poeltl bits. Wish they had Casey in there too though.
                            Grafted well on the Stannis and Shareen part of GoT.

Nurse face!

Comment

• Comment

• Just watched a bit of a post-practice interview with Kawhi, and the man is stoic. Reporter asked how he felt about being able to shut down Simmons like he did this year, and he said: "That's just the regular season. Playoffs are played a little different. I wanna focus and win this game coming. The past doesn't help me at all". The man never gets too high or too low, just a mean laser-focus on the task at hand. Probably will come out with the same high-end mental disposition and quiet confidence on game 2, whether tonight is an L or a W.

I always cringe when players get too cocky or complacent after wins, and when they have mental hissy-fits after the odd L like some fans do. Kawhi is the opposite of that, and that's another quality he brings, that even-keelless you need to weather the ebbs and flows of a series. That's something that even Lowry (who's a 10+ year vet) alluded to (paraphrasing) : "Kawhi in the locker room helps us not to get too high or too low after games". May sound boring, but you need that kind of mental stability on deep playoff run, and it looks like this year we have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X