Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Just to clarify.... Kawhi IS breaking a sweat out there. lmao.

That's how a true professional answers a question. He checks the ego are the door and that's impressive considering how fricking dominate he is. You wouldn't hear this type of thing coming out of Jimmy's or Joel's mouths, not based on all the showboating like they're in the NFL or something.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

That's how a true professional answers a question. He checks the ego are the door and that's impressive considering how fricking dominate he is. You wouldn't hear this type of thing coming out of Jimmy's or Joel's mouths, not based on all the showboating like they're in the NFL or something.
      I agree. The showboating by Embiid in game 3 was over the top. As if he already won the series. Like watching a vertically fused Wall and Beal.

Comment

He hit what many are calling the biggest shot in raptor history, and celebrated with a tiny fist pump, zero facial expression change, and prepared for defense.

Embiid would have cartwheeled into the 4th row, ate a guys popcorn and kissed his girlfriend before jumping back to the court to do the fortnite dance
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• Just heard an interesting stat. When guarded by Kawhi this series Jimmy Butler have more turnovers (2) than field goals made (1).

Comment

Just heard an interesting stat. When guarded by Kawhi this series Jimmy Butler have more turnovers (2) than field goals made (1).
              time to unleash the doberman
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Just heard an interesting stat. When guarded by Kawhi this series Jimmy Butler have more turnovers (2) than field goals made (1).
                Matchup data has it as 1 turnover and 3 made field goals over the course of 39 possessions - Kawhi's big impact is preventing Butler from being involved in the offence at all, more so than obvious inefficiency. He has a 39 deterrence factor in that matchup, meaning Butler has only 39% his usual usage when guarded by Kawhi.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Yeah I think the trade worked out for the Raptors:

Sure, but how is he at finding the open man out of the double/triple team? I mean do the quick math Kawhi, there are at least two players open out of a possible 4 teammates when tripled.

Comment

• I see, Kawhi vs Durant, "who's the best player in basketball" is the hottest topic on ESPN and in sports today.

I've been sayin this all year and really the last 5 years. Kawhi >>>> Durant.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kawhi is having a better playoffs than KD which is pretty crazy considering the impact KD is having on the Warriors. He's pretty amazing as well. I think he scored the Warriors first 10 points in the 4th quarter against Houston.. basically taking an 8pt deficit or something and turning it into a Warrior lead. KD like Kawhi have unguardable shots. And neither play with fear. Both have ice running through their veins.

The difference is circumstance. You put KD on the Raptors and I bet he isn't as efficient as Kawhi is. You put Kawhi on the Warriors and he may even be more efficient.. but he's not a great passer. Warriors need a guy that can setup a perfect pass and KD is much better at it than Kawhi.. actually a lot better at it.

Defensively, KD can hold is own. He's got lateral quickness, and of course the height.. but he's not a bull dog. He's pretty soft, especially in the paint where he'd most likely play on defense.. and he'll never guard the other guy's best player. Kawhi is an A+ defender.

So for the Raptors I'd rather have Kawhi.. and I bet those Warriors would rather have KD. Would be awesome to see these two teams face each other in the finals.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Matchup data has it as 1 turnover and 3 made field goals over the course of 39 possessions - Kawhi's big impact is preventing Butler from being involved in the offence at all, more so than obvious inefficiency. He has a 39 deterrence factor in that matchup, meaning Butler has only 39% his usual usage when guarded by Kawhi.
                        Just like football, the best cornerbacks don't have the most interceptions..they just dont get thrown to at all
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Kawhi is having a better playoffs than KD which is pretty crazy considering the impact KD is having on the Warriors. He's pretty amazing as well. I think he scored the Warriors first 10 points in the 4th quarter against Houston.. basically taking an 8pt deficit or something and turning it into a Warrior lead. KD like Kawhi have unguardable shots. And neither play with fear. Both have ice running through their veins.

The difference is circumstance. You put KD on the Raptors and I bet he isn't as efficient as Kawhi is. You put Kawhi on the Warriors and he may even be more efficient.. but he's not a great passer. Warriors need a guy that can setup a perfect pass and KD is much better at it than Kawhi.. actually a lot better at it.

Defensively, KD can hold is own. He's got lateral quickness, and of course the height.. but he's not a bull dog. He's pretty soft, especially in the paint where he'd most likely play on defense.. and he'll never guard the other guy's best player. Kawhi is an A+ defender.

So for the Raptors I'd rather have Kawhi.. and I bet those Warriors would rather have KD. Would be awesome to see these two teams face each other in the finals.
                          Kawhi has also proven that he can lead a team to championship as "the man"

Durant couldn't lead the Thunder to a championship so he joined forces with Klay and Curry in Oakland. Can he lead a team to a championship without those 2? i doubt it.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's crazy to think that the best player in the entire league during these playoffs, is playing for our team....and we're furking it up!

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Kawhi has also proven that he can lead a team to championship as "the man"

Durant couldn't lead the Thunder to a championship so he joined forces with Klay and Curry in Oakland. Can he lead a team to a championship without those 2? i doubt it.
                              Whoa there kemosabe. He hasn't lead us any further than DeMar had, as yet.

Comment

• Kevin Durant's ONLY move this summer is to sign with the Knicks. If he can win a championship with the Knicks then I and everyone else will shut up.

Right now. Kawhi > Durant.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X