Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Whoa there kemosabe. He hasn't lead us any further than DeMar had, as yet.
    And?

So what he did in San Antonio doesn't count?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's crazy to think that the best player in the entire league during these playoffs, is playing for our team....and we're furking it up!
      Weird post after win. 6ers were always gonna take 6 or 7 games to knock off, people were overconfident if they thought otherwise
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        Kevin Durant's ONLY move this summer is to sign with the Knicks. If he can win a championship with the Knicks then I and everyone else will shut up.

Right now. Kawhi > Durant.
        If Durant and Irving went to New York and Kawhi stayed it would make for a fun year. After 5 to 10 years a dynasty ends and the league is wide open for a year or 2. Theres would be multiple contenders in both conferences

Comment

And?

that san antonio team was balanced unlike any other champion i can remember aside from maybe the 04 pistons. he averaged 18 and 6 and didn't lead the team in scoring. he didn't put them on his back MJ-style or anything. not like he's doing now.

not to take anything away from him but that team was unique

Comment

And?

He wasn't exactly doing it on his own in San Antonio. Hall of fame teammates with one of maybe 10 best players of all time by his side. Kawhi is definitely the best two way player in the playoffs right now, but to say he's gonna lead us to a championship as the main man is a bit premature. We still need to get through this round and the ECF before you can say that.

Comment

He wasn't exactly doing it on his own in San Antonio. Hall of fame teammates with one of maybe 10 best players of all time by his side. Kawhi is definitely the best two way player in the playoffs right now, but to say he's gonna lead us to a championship as the main man is a bit premature. We still need to get through this round and the ECF before you can say that.
              Huh? First, where did i say that he's gonna lead us to a championship? lol. I said, he's proven that he can lead a team to a championship.

Second, Duncan, Parker and Ginobili were all past their primes in 2014. That team was basically Kawhi + a bunch of washed up great players.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's crazy to think that the best player in the entire league during these playoffs, is playing for our team....and we're furking it up!
                It's down to a best of 3 and we have home court advantage. No one's furking it up yet. We need to come out like in Game 1 with one exception...everyone is making shots and playing shut down D...after 3 games shooting duds we are overdue.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Weird post after win. 6ers were always gonna take 6 or 7 games to knock off, people were overconfident if they thought otherwise
                  What I mean is we have the best player in the playoffs right now, but we are just squeaking by this series. If his teammates are playing up to their normal standards this series has a different feel to it....at the moment it feels like Philly is the aggressor. But the rest of the Raptors are playing below their normal standards. Danny has been great on D, but his shot making has been sorely missed. Lowry's woes have been talked about, FVV, Norm are non factors. I'm willing to give Ibaka the benefit of the doubt because his role and mins have been drastically changed. Gasol has been steady this series though his lack of shot taking and making is being exposed a bit.

Comment

Huh? First, where did i say that he's gonna lead us to a championship? lol. I said, he's proven that he can lead a team to a championship.

Second, Duncan, Parker and Ginobili were all past their primes in 2014. That team was basically Kawhi + a bunch of washed up great players.
                    there's a world of difference between washed and past one's prime. again, he didn't lead the team in scoring in that finals

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

there's a world of difference between washed and past one's prime. again, he didn't lead the team in scoring in that finals
                      There's a lot of paralells however. Gasol, Lowry are at similar points as Duncan and Parker..both teams had danny green...Pascal is maybe closer to that version of kawhi, and that team never had this version of kawhi.

they also beat the favorite, lebron, wade, bosh and allen, going for a 3 peat

what the finals mvp proved was that he had the mental makeup. His game has only improved, and I'm pretty sure he's showing he didn't lose the mental makeup.

Doubting whether Kawhi could be best player on a champion is kind of silly at this point. Whether he WILL be? Who knows..unlikely, this year. But he's already proven he COULD be.

Comment

As chris already pointed out, in the championship year you are referring to, Kawhi was not the main man on that team.

Regardless, he is definitely the man on this team and here is to hoping he gets us to the promise land.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

Who won the Finals MVP that year? hint: not any of the big 3.

As for your PPG.

Parker averaged 18ppg.

Kawhi averaged 17.8ppg.

You're right, he didn't lead the team in PPg that year.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

As chris already pointed out, in the championship year you are referring to, Kawhi was not the main man on that team.

Regardless, he is definitely the man on this team and here is to hoping he gets us to the promise land.
                            What?

So who was the main man on that team?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Weird post I agree but game 2 was atrocious. If role players could have hit open shots that could have easily been a win and broke Philly. Easily could have won in 5, I would argue should have.

That being said, I think it was a pretty important wake up call, need to establish some flow offensively early, which they did game 4.
                              Last edited by DogeLover1234; Mon May 6, 2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Weird post I agree but game 2 was atrocious. If role players could have hit open shots that could have easily been a win and broke Philly. Easily could have won in 5, I would argue should have.
                                But they didn't. Same as saying "if only they rebounded more" "if only they stopped this guy"

Game 4? If Embiid would have shown up, Sixers win easily. This is all part of the game and we've deserved every win and loss so far

Comment

Working...
                                X