Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

I don't think it matters though if it has effected (any english majors want to give me the difference between affect and effect, I always fuck it up) his play. If he wants 3 weeks off to go on vacation and continues to play like this during the playoffs for the Raptors it will always be worth it.
    What if we face the Bucks in the ECF and it comes down to home court adv? I mean it's not just his play on the court that missing games impacts right. There is the win/loss record, chemistry with teammates....Gasol esp., probably a bunch of other stuff to think about.

Hands down it was a great move if we make it to the ECF and/or he stays.

Any way not trying to bring the negativity here before the biggest game of our season, but I don't think you can easily dismiss concerns that people had about the missed games.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

What if we face the Bucks in the ECF and it comes down to home court adv? I mean it's not just his play on the court that missing games impacts right. There is the win/loss record, chemistry with teammates....Gasol esp., probably a bunch of other stuff to think about.

Hands down it was a great move if we make it to the ECF and/or he stays.

Any way not trying to bring the negativity here before the biggest game of our season, but I don't think you can easily dismiss concerns that people had about the missed games.
      Celtics beat the Bucks at home to steal HCA. We should be able to do the same, no? If we can't get one win on their home court and protect ours, then we don't deserve to win the series.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Celtics beat the Bucks at home to steal HCA. We should be able to do the same, no? If we can't get one win on their home court and protect ours, then we don't deserve to win the series.
        It would be the ECF, it's not longer about deserving, it's about every advantage you can get. Some of those advantages are gained during the regular season.

Comment

It would be the ECF, it's not longer about deserving, it's about every advantage you can get. Some of those advantages are gained during the regular season.
          You're right, in some respects. But the whole load management thing was as much about trying to retain Kawhi as it was about keeping him healthy for the playoffs, in my opinion. If that's the case, then I'll take that advantage over home court vs. Milwaukee.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

If going balls out in the regular season just to gain HCA meant risking an un-healthy Kawhi, then count me out. What would even be the point? Impossible to prove one or another, but it was obviously smarter to err on the side of caution. We're getting to witness something historic, not just for the Raptors franchise, but for the NBA.

You could just have easily argued that some of Nurse's weird lineup experiments and end-of-game management (e.g. getting schooled by Casey) contributed even more to losing HCA than load management, since we had a better regular season record without Kawhi.

Comment

• yeah load management definitely worked. Not only is relationship with Kawhi improved but we get to witness this.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                yeah load management definitely worked. Not only is relationship with Kawhi improved but we get to witness this.
                Pretty much anything goes within the laws and the rules of the league in my opinion. Get that man signed on the dotted line and Masai deserves a statue outside!

Comment

• how did this not get 10 000 likes? Sure it's all yelling at clouds but Woj is a loud yeller and he's been yelling at Clipper shaped clouds all year. This is a big change for him

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

how did this not get 10 000 likes? Sure it's all yelling at clouds but Woj is a loud yeller and he's been yelling at Clipper shaped clouds all year. This is a big change for him
                    What if it already didn't matter what happens these playoffs, and he stay regardless? What if he just loves his teammates, the front office, and the big city feel that leaves him alone?

what if
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Cris Carter, who appeared visibly angry and sounded angry with the Raptors for dealing for Kawhi. Cris Carter, a guy who acts like he's well connected to Kawhi and claimed Kawhi wouldn't report. Cris Carter, a guy who then claimed all season long that Kawhi has one foot out the door and is signing with LA. Cris Carter, a guy who's brother got shit canned by the Toronto Raptors around 20 years ago in very dramatic fashion. That Cris Carter. Even he said a few days ago that this is now a two horse race between the Raptors and the Clippers.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• what store is that? I'll buy what they're selling for sure. no...not the store on left

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            what store is that? I'll buy what they're selling for sure. no...not the store on left
                            Fun Store for a Fun Guy
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• this year our pick got conveyed to the spurs right?? we aren't converting it to 2nd rounders?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                                this year our pick got conveyed to the spurs right?? we aren't converting it to 2nd rounders?
                                That's correct, it's protected 1-20, so since we finished 2nd overall the pick is 29th, and goes to the Spurs. We own all of our own first-rounders after this year, but have traded away 3 of our next 5 second-rounders.

Comment

Working...
                                X