Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Agree.

But if Kawhi leaves, Pascal has to go too. SELL HIGH.
    I think its a sell low proposition, actually. They should hold him no matter what.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I think its a sell low proposition, actually. They should hold him no matter what.
      I don't think he's a guy that you can build around to win a championship.

Bosh in his prime was 10x better player than Siakam and they couldn't win anything with him as "the guy".
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bosh in his prime was 10x better player than Siakam and they couldn't win anything with him as "the guy".
        And why does Siakim have to be "the guy" if he stays?

Comment

And why does Siakim have to be "the guy" if he stays?
          Who's going to be the guy then?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Who's going to be the guy then?
            Who's going to be the guy if he goes? We don't know yet.

Comment

To be fair, we can't compare Bosh in his prime to Siakam in his (not yet met) prime and that's the point. Pascal just turned 25 last month and we all know he started late....he could be a 20+ and 8 guy next season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

All the poster is saying is what the Lakers front office is thinking/wishing/hoping. I was expecting some source linked to Kawhi’s camp. This is rubbish.
                I said from the beginning it was Lakers sources.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

To be fair, we can't compare Bosh in his prime to Siakam in his (not yet met) prime and that's the point. Pascal just turned 25 last month and we all know he started late....he could be a 20+ and 8 guy next season.
                  Let's move this conversation: https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...-pascal-siakam

Comment

• Pascal is better than Derozan and Masai already showed he can build a 60-ish win team around that. No championships but we still got a bunch of years of playoffs ahead of us.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Gasol is worth keeping.
                      Why?

Comment

• Adam Silver likes Load Management....

"I mean there's actually an article in the Wall Street Journal today about Kawhi Leonard, about how - that he, I forget the precise number of games, I think he missed something like 20 games this past season. But I think - the story - they say it. But what is unusual about Kawhi is he missed almost the entire prior season. So he was recovering from an injury almost the entire season. And what people are pointing to right now is that he's playing great. I mean, they haven't won anything yet. But, you know - and he's playing a lot of minutes in the playoffs.

"And that article suggested that maybe that's a strategy other teams should be following. But I would also say with the Philadelphia 76ers, Joel Embiid missed almost the same amount of games this season and we'll see what impact it has on him.

"So I just think load management is come more to mean in the NBA - it may mean that, you know, every, you know, 15 games or something like that, you may not play. And I only say, and even from a fan standpoint, from a league standpoint, and the science is not quite maybe what people may think it is here, I think we all thought in terms of our best players if resting a player every 15 games or something like that.

"If legitimate resting of players resulted in them being healthier in the playoffs, healthier longer, able to continue their career longer, I think we'd be in favor of it.
                        https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Regular-Season

Comment

• "Pascal is better than Derozan and Masai already showed he can build a 60-ish win team around that. No championships but we still got a bunch of years of playoffs ahead of us."

That, I'd have to agree with. Heck, Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.

Comment

• How do you decompress from playoff basketball atmosphere Kawhi?

“"Hanging out with my daughter, watching TV, playing games with her. I mean, that’s the most important thing that’s really going on. Basketball is just: Go out there and play, do your job, have fun. That’s all you can do. Leave it all on the floor. The most important thing in life is family and health.”"

Where has his health been managed better than any place else? Toronto. What city in North America has the best family atmosphere, culture, and environment? Toronto.

He stay....if the Raptors can just take care of frickin' business.
                            Last edited by Puffer; Sun May 12, 2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              How do you decompress from playoff basketball atmosphere Kawhi?

“Hanging out with my daughter, watching TV, playing games with her. I mean, that’s the most important thing that’s really going on. Basketball is just: Go out there and play, do your job, have fun. That’s all you can do. Leave it all on the floor. The most important thing in life is family and health.

Where has his health been managed better than any place else? Toronto. What city in North America has the best family atmosphere, culture, and environment? Toronto.

He stay....if the Raptors can just take care of frickin' business.
                              He's got 2 young kids. The best place for his girlfriend/baby mama is probably back home in California, surrounded by family members she can trust to help with her kids from time-to-time. His girlfriend is going to have major input. I hope she enjoyed the Canadian winters and his daughter loves tobogganning.

Comment

• I won't read into it one way or the other. I do believe it tells me his gf will have input on where he goes, but we already knew family was a big part of his decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X