Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

He's got 2 young kids. The best place for his girlfriend/baby mama is probably back home in California, surrounded by family members she can trust to help with her kids from time-to-time. His girlfriend is going to have major input. I hope she enjoyed the Canadian winters and his daughter loves tobogganning.
    Kawhi can afford to have his family up in Toronto for months at a time, or until they find it boring, then fly them back to Cali. Hard to say what he would like better. I know that lots of grandparents take month long vacations, a couple of times a year, to be close to grandkids.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

He's got 2 young kids. The best place for his girlfriend/baby mama is probably back home in California, surrounded by family members she can trust to help with her kids from time-to-time. His girlfriend is going to have major input. I hope she enjoyed the Canadian winters and his daughter loves tobogganning.
      And I’m optimistic/hopeful that Masai and co identified that possibility and put a team in place to make her feel at home and aware of all kid friendly stuff on the go in Toronto. I’m hopeful Masai had a team schmoozing her family members too.
      Here is an article from a few years back about how MLSE and TFC recruited euro players. Drake sending Jermaine Dafoe’s Mother flowers etc. Gotta hope the same attention given to Kawhi’s family.
      Go Raptors!

https://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...eke_kelly.html
      Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Sun May 12, 2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• This.

With Kawhi, it's been constant all year that Kawhi leaving the Raptors was a foregone conclusion. We basically went from "he's never going to report" to, now, "he's seriously likely to re-sign, and should do so". Even Woj, the Clippers' mouthpiece all year, has softened his tone and is suspecting that Kawhi will likely re-sign. That's big, considering Woj said that among a flurry of free agency news from him that all surrounded the Clippers' prospects one way or another, suggesting his anonymous source for that info was someone inside the Clippers' organization. Which means the Clippers' are possibly getting indications kawhi wants to stay, amid the Raptors actually playing well, and supportive bits and pieces from his family, along with kawhi being spotted multiple times being very engaged with other teammates, as well as New Balance releasing a bunch of Kawhi-branded stuff, some of which are scheduled to be released in October for opening day that have been leaked with Raptors colours and a logo of Jurassic Park.

So with Kawhi there are strong indications that he might actually be leaning towards staying. But Raptors fans, as a whole, have been a bit trepidatious about Kawhi staying and aren't likely going to be overly upset if he leaves, having known from the beginning that this could be a one year thing.

Raps organization has also been praised across the board for doing basically everything right in regard to treating Kawhi, and that if he leaves, then staying was likely never an option for him. In which case, the Raptors are absolved of any criticism.

Funny enough, Raps will still be a playoff team without Kawhi. (not as good, obviously, but maybe good enough to win a round...maybe two).

So Raptors fans have always had a bit of cautious optimism about Kawhi and have defended him in that context.

Comment

• Comment

• Loved the emotion he showed when the shot went in. Can't take too much from that, but when you have gone through some tough times and good times with a bunch of guys, it gets pretty hard to extricate yourself from them.

If they beat the Bucks, I think he stays.

Comment

• Greatest Raptor ever
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                so let's just get right to it. was that fade away 3 the biggest shot in franchise history? maybe only rivaled by alvin williams game winner? I think it very well could be. and I think kawhi might hit some even bigger shots as the playoffs go on..
                I just remembered I posted this after game 4..... kawhi now has the top 2 shots in franchise history. hell have top 3 before playoffs are over
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• so Superman beat Thanos, Doomsday, Darkseid and Lex Luthor
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• A player's future with his current team was on the line with that last shot. I'm talking Jimmy Butler. "He gone".

Comment

• In case you're interested:

Comment

• Cris Carter has gone from no way, no how are the Raptors keeping Kawhi and he might not ever report to the Raptors playing this perfectly and now they're in the drivers seat to keeping him. lol

Comment

• Cool story on the final shot

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ic-game-winner

And when that ball went in I ran up three stairs -- I almost tripped twice -- and all I saw was Masai [Ujiri] crying. I saw everybody in the stands crying. We were just in shock. But it was like a really good shock. And that was just joy.

Comment

• In terms of keeping Kawhi, the positive emotion of hitting a clutch shot to win game 7, at home, in front of your bench, being mobbed by teammates and celebrating like that - that is priceless and cannot be manufactured. I think winning like that is a boost vs just winning in terms of creating positive feelings from Kawhi to staying here.

Either way, that shot was epic and that dude is amazing.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hope my wife doesn't get upset when I put up this poster on my bedroom wall:

Comment

• Kawhi is ridiculous. My mind is still blown he managed to hit that shot.

It's kind of beautiful that he essentially recreated the Vince shot that rimmed out against Philly 18 years ago, but hit it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X