Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

And scraptor. I swear everyone forgets how dominant scraptor is
    Scraptor should make every game thread in the finals, even if we lose a game.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

How does that vet max work, btw? Does it give any advantage to the Raps if Kawhi stays beyond this year, or does it transfer to the Clippers?

That said, Kawhi's business reps would be out of their minds to waste the unlimited endorsement opportunities that are coming his way from the entire country of Canada. Regardless of what happens in the Finals, he already owns this country. Even if Kawhi only does a 1+1, you exploit the heck out of those endoresements while you can and take one more shot at getting back to the Finals with the same crew + tweaks.
      It's a player cap, independent of team. Like, even if he stayed with the Raps this summer, then opted out at 10 years, the Clippers (or anyone else) could offer him the 35% max. But he will likely want to be re-signing at that 10 year mark, as he'd want the full 5 years and max raises that only a re-sign can get him. And that's where this summer makes the difference - if he re-signs here, he will still have Bird Rights after those two years. And as such could sign for the max for 5 years plus the max raises. If he signs in LA this summer, then opts out after two years, he would have only early Bird Rights, making him eligible for the max raises but only for a 4 year deal. That's leaving like 45M on the table. Or he'd need to sign a longer deal with LA this summer, say a 3+1, then opt out after 3 years, at the 11 year mark, to re-sign with full Bird Rights - but that's an extra year into his prime that could be extra injury risk or even suppress the market for getting him a full 5 year deal anyway.

And if he wants the guaranteed money now, rather than risking the 2+1 or 3+1, re-signing here is obviously his best bet, with the 5 years and max raises versus 4 years and smaller raises any other team can offer.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
        Kawhi should sign a max but with an opt out in case he isnt happy down the line (say it kicks in after year 2).

This year he gets his max but if he wants out he has that ability. I think the Raps would give him that flexibility in a deal. After all if he isnt happy then no reason to keep him either.

Clippers are attractive too - yes close to his home but they have lots of cap space to get another max guy with Kawhi with Harrell and Alexander there. Doc Rivers is also a great coach.
        Keep in mind, opt out years can only be in the final year of a deal - so if he wants an opt out after one year, he is limited to two years of length on the deal. Which means less guaranteed salary, which might be a concern for a player with a recent injury history.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's a player cap, independent of team. Like, even if he stayed with the Raps this summer, then opted out at 10 years, the Clippers (or anyone else) could offer him the 35% max. But he will likely want to be re-signing at that 10 year mark, as he'd want the full 5 years and max raises that only a re-sign can get him. And that's where this summer makes the difference - if he re-signs here, he will still have Bird Rights after those two years. And as such could sign for the max for 5 years plus the max raises. If he signs in LA this summer, then opts out after two years, he would have only early Bird Rights, making him eligible for the max raises but only for a 4 year deal. That's leaving like 45M on the table. Or he'd need to sign a longer deal with LA this summer, say a 3+1, then opt out after 3 years, at the 11 year mark, to re-sign with full Bird Rights - but that's an extra year into his prime that could be extra injury risk or even suppress the market for getting him a full 5 year deal anyway.

And if he wants the guaranteed money now, rather than risking the 2+1 or 3+1, re-signing here is obviously his best bet, with the 5 years and max raises versus 4 years and smaller raises any other team can offer.
          So in layman’s terms...

HE STAY.

Comment

• Quote from Kawhi "He said he likes math and numbers and would've done business management stuff if he hadn't gone into basketball"

He's aware of all these scenarios
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Keep in mind, opt out years can only be in the final year of a deal - so if he wants an opt out after one year, he is limited to two years of length on the deal. Which means less guaranteed salary, which might be a concern for a player with a recent injury history.
              Yes you are right.

So I assume either he wants the money (stays here) or he truly wants to be home (Plays with Clips)

He's going to be 28 in the summer, injury problems... i would just sign and worry about a new deal at 33.

Comment

• Here's the thing about the Clippers. Whatever they do they will ALWAYS be the 2nd team in LA. LA is Laker country. No one cares about the Clippers. Why go there?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Quote from Kawhi "He said he likes math and numbers and would've done business management stuff if he hadn't gone into basketball"

He's aware of all these scenarios
                  Does he... cause he did give up a super max in SA :P

I kid, I kid

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Scraptor should make every game thread in the finals, even if we lose a game.
                    I'd be fine with that if Scraptor feels he has it in him, but at a minimum I think we should shorten the rotation, and make sure that Scraptor is ready for any must-win situations, just like he was for Game 3 of the Milwaukee series. I think MixxAOR went 2-1 in the Philly series (hard to tell because those threads all got merged together), which would make him the only other thread-starter with a winning record in the playoffs; J-Claw is 1-1, so would be next up if we went with a 3-poster rotation. I'd be more comfortable with giving MixxAOR a chance after a first loss, and then ride Scraptor for the rest of the series after a second loss.

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post

Does he... cause he did give up a super max in SA :P

I kid, I kid
                      I've read that the super max was never actually officially offered by SA in the first place and that his injury concerned them going forward. Of course SA is as tight lipped as Masai's front office.. so we'll never really know the gory details.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post

I'd be fine with that if Scraptor feels he has it in him, but at a minimum I think we should shorten the rotation, and make sure that Scraptor is ready for any must-win situations, just like he was for Game 3 of the Milwaukee series. I think MixxAOR went 2-1 in the Philly series (hard to tell because those threads all got merged together), which would make him the only other thread-starter with a winning record in the playoffs; J-Claw is 1-1, so would be next up if we went with a 3-poster rotation. I'd be more comfortable with giving MixxAOR a chance after a first loss, and then ride Scraptor for the rest of the series after a second loss.
                        Yeah mixx an unsung hero too. We dont beat philly without him, and his ice cool album covers
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I've read that the super max was never actually officially offered by SA in the first place and that his injury concerned them going forward. Of course SA is as tight lipped as Masai's front office.. so we'll never really know the gory details.
                          That’d be weird if they were concerned with his injury going forward seeing as their attitude was like, “quit fakin go play.”

Comment

A 3-poster rotation works for me. If I have to come back after Mixx and Jclaw that would mean we'd lost three so I'd close out the season either way.

I kind of wish we could include Goldblum because I love his custom gifs, but I am nervous about changing things this late in the season. Maybe I shouldn't have criticized Nick Nurse for the same thing lol.

Comment

We also gotta worry about Scraptor's fatigue level though. I saw him walking with a limp the other day. Can he power through it and take the grind of the playoffs.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

We also gotta worry about Scraptor's fatigue level though. I saw him walking with a limp the other day. Can he power through it and take the grind of the playoffs.
                                Put him in contact with Alex McKechnie and his magic shoelace

Comment

Working...
                                X