No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clippers tried to get it and Kawhi suing Nike? Sounds like they were working together. He gone
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Clippers tried to get it and Kawhi suing Nike? Sounds like they were working together. He gone
      they are certainly obsessed with kawhi ...I honestly think they might get him

Clippers have a good young team and kawhi could make history with them as well ...kawhi wants to make history (he said something like that after their game 5 win against the bucks I believe ) ..I could see him trying to elevate the Clippers...perhaps try to make it just as popular as the Lakers
      and show LeBron LA is his town

staying in Toronto ? sure he can get more money salary wise but I would think he could make more money overall down south viae and merchandise sales ? plus I think taxes are higher in Ontario although I think California has pretty high taxes as well .

​

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post

they are certainly obsessed with kawhi ...I honestly think they might get him

Clippers have a good young team and kawhi could make history with them as well ...kawhi wants to make history (he said something like that after their game 5 win against the bucks I believe ) ..I could see him trying to elevate the Clippers...perhaps try to make it just as popular as the Lakers
        and show LeBron LA is his town

staying in Toronto ? sure he can get more money salary wise but I would think he could make more money overall down south viae and merchandise sales ? plus I think taxes are higher in Ontario although I think California has pretty high taxes as well .

​
        That will never happen. LA will always be Laker country. Just like NY will always be Yankees country. It doesn't matter what the Clippers or the Mets do.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

​
          It's never about the money for Kawhi.
          It's always about HOME.

Now, if we can make him feel like Toronto is HOME.

Comment

• IF Kawhi leaves (Hope he doesnt), lets go get Durant, he liked the Raptors as a kid... he sees how passionate the fans are first hand... i mean come on there cant be any way he goes to frickin New York. And he was born in Maryland so he is somewhat ok with colder weather (not as cold as toronto but it gets cold there). And he needs to get out of GS cause he will never have the full respect being on that team.

Comment

Clippers tried to get it and Kawhi suing Nike? Sounds like they were working together. He gone
              Could be but that’s not how I read it. After that story floated that the clippers were trying to get the logo, maybe Uncle Dennis decided they don’t want either of the clippers or Nike to have it.

Comment

• Imagine this.

RAPS 2019 champs
                Kawhi resigns- KING OF THE NORTH
                Uncle Dennis - UNCLE of the NORTH

Comment

NO they just wanted to show kawhi what they would do for him. A bribe/negotiation tactic pure and simple

Comment

Collusion would be pretty risky for the Clippers - they could be fined, lose draft picks, or be sanctioned against signing Kawhi or other free agents altogether. I don't think Jerry West would be that dumb. More likely scenario is that Kawhi wasn't worried about someone else controlling his logo until he found out the Clippers were secretly looking into buying what he believes to be his intellectual property behind his back and he didn't want a specific team or any entity other than himself owning those rights. He would obviously want to cut a co-brand deal with New Balance, which looks like it's going to take off.

You combine that with the recent New Balance re-branding of Kawhi as "King of the North" and it seems like a pretty safe bet that he's re-signing for at least 1 year, probably a 2+1. You simply don't build that kind of equity in a brand identity for 2 to 3 weeks of run. And you would especially not brand him as King of the North, if he's going to the Clippers in less than a month. lol. Think about that for a moment. I admire your unshakeable pessimism, Mixx, but the tea leaves are all pointing the direction of ..... he stay.
                    Last edited by golden; Mon Jun 3, 2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

It's never about the money for Kawhi.
                      It's always about HOME.

Now, if we can make him feel like Toronto is HOME.
                      ya agree..and this year's unusually long winter probbaly hasn't helped

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

That will never happen. LA will always be Laker country. Just like NY will always be Yankees country. It doesn't matter what the Clippers or the Mets do.
                        yes not at the same level as the Lakers obviously but still elevate

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                          Imagine this.

RAPS 2019 champs
                          Kawhi resigns- KING OF THE NORTH
                          Uncle Dennis - UNCLE of the NORTH
                          The funny thing is they are giving Kawhi all these free things.. really need to be giving it to Unky Dennis.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Collusion would be pretty risky for the Clippers - they could be fined, lose draft picks, or be sanctioned against signing Kawhi or other free agents altogether. I don't think Jerry West would be that dumb. More likely scenario is that Kawhi wasn't worried about someone else controlling his logo until he found out the Clippers were secretly looking into buying what he believes to be his intellectual property behind his back and he didn't want a specific team or any entity other than himself owning those rights. He would obviously want to cut a co-brand deal with New Balance, which looks like it's going to take off.

You combine that with the recent New Balance re-branding of Kawhi as "King of the North" and it seems like a pretty safe bet that he's re-signing for at least 1 year, probably a 2+1. You simply don't build that kind of equity in a brand identity for 2 to 3 weeks of run. And you would especially not brand him as King of the North, if he's going to the Clippers in less than a month. lol. Think about that for a moment. I admire your unshakeable pessimism, Mixx, but the tea leaves are all pointing the direction of ..... he stay.
                            they would just rebrand as king of the south if they had too lol

Comment

ya agree..and this year's unusually long winter probbaly hasn't helped
                              yep the one year we had kawhi and we had one of the worst winters in a long time...

it still feels like winter most days!

Comment

• Kawhi obviously has his branding now here. Also with Raps has Pascal and OG.

Going to LA, he does have a bigger market (maybe New Balance wants the LA market), another max the Clips can hand out besides Kawhi and some decent young picks.

its a toss up... I think if he wins here and leaves, i think people will still forgive him and he will always be a legend in toronto like lebron when he left CLE after giving the city a championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X