Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Almost, just need to make the video public.
    I have set privacy setting to "anyone" - not sure what's up...

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      hopefully he stay but if he wanted to stay I don't understand why he wouldn't say so already.
      Because he's going to do his due diligence in free agency. Masai is going to have at least one formal, sit-down meeting with him once the euphoria of this championship wears off a bit. He'll meet with the Clippers/Lakers/etc. We'll probably find out his decision sometime in the first week of July.

Hold onto your butts everyone, lol
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• ensco wrote: View Post
        OK I got the video up, but I only have the "one more year" part... the rest is in the other video anyway (except for the part where he signals "no"! damn)
        See you you think.

https://vimeo.com/manage/342860403/general
        Here fixed that for you. This is a great angle! You're right, he may just be caught in the moment, but I mean it makes sense for all parties.

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Thanks random guy.

I would just echo that this felt a bit like a “let your hair down” moment, a look behind the veil... from Kawhi, Kyle, Uncle Dennis, everyone... it doesn’t entirely come through in the video. I wish I had that hand gesture during the 5more years chant, that is what made me sure.

(or maybe I just want to believe!)

Comment

• The 2018-19 NBA season started on media day with everybody mocking Kawhi's laugh. The NBA season ends with Kawhi dunking all over those people - complete with the "hold me back" bench celebration. lol. This is pure gold.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              The 2018-19 NBA season started on media day with everybody mocking Kawhi's laugh. The NBA season ends with Kawhi dunking all over those people - complete with the "hold me back" bench celebration. lol. This is pure gold.

Kawhi undisputed won 2019. Along the way he beat the great Popovich, he beat kyrie, Giannis and the east, and he slayed curry and the warriors. And they never saw it coming
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                The 2018-19 NBA season started on media day with everybody mocking Kawhi's laugh. The NBA season ends with Kawhi dunking all over those people - complete with the "hold me back" bench celebration. lol. This is pure gold.

Perfectly said.

What a year, from start to finish.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

This happened right in front of me. What you don't get in the clip is: while the crowd was chanting '1 more year', Uncle Dennis got up and started shouting into the crowd: 'Only one??? You only want ONE more year???' And then shit just went bananas. The way he said it, and the way Kawhi was smiling as he was saying it...I don't want to jinx anything, but it really seemed like they were letting us know. Everyone felt it, and everyone started cheering like crazy. There was a palpable electric surge going through the crowd, and then Lowry jumped in on that momentum and started the 'five more years' chant.

It was amazing.
                  Thanks for sharing that Jimi.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Here fixed that for you. This is a great angle! You're right, he may just be caught in the moment, but I mean it makes sense for all parties.

It's going to be tough to walk away from this much love. He's pretty much reached demigod status. Myths and legends about his adventures will be told for generations to come.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

It's going to be tough to walk away from this much love. He's pretty much reached demigod status. Myths and legends about his adventures will be told for generations to come.
                      IF he resigned long term, where does Kawhi rank among superstars being beloved in recent history. Lebron never had love like that, imo. KD neither, or Harden. Curry maybe did, but to me he could reach Wade, Kobe, Dirk levels of love in his local city. Except this city is a country, a 37 million person market

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

IF he resigned long term, where does Kawhi rank among superstars being beloved in recent history. Lebron never had love like that, imo. KD neither, or Harden. Curry maybe did, but to me he could reach Wade, Kobe, Dirk levels of love in his local city. Except this city is a country, a 37 million person market
                        Not an easy comparable because all of those other guys were drafted and won titles and (other than Wade, briefly) were lifelong players. Honestly, I think he winds up getting the kind of love that Lowry has earned here. I don't think he can reach someone like Dirk who became a Texan or Kobe who personified the Lakers for a decade.

Comment

• Lowry is loved on the level of an all time great in Canada. He's not Gretzky status but no one reaches those heights. One difference between Kawhi and Lowry is Kawhi might go down as a top ten all time basketball great when its all said and done. 28, two finals MVP for two different teams he led to a title. He only entering his prime now.

Comment

Who knows what he could accomplish long term here? Another title or two or years of competitiveness without another chip?

Depending on where Durant and Irving and Butler etc land this off-season, this is going to be a deeper and more competitive NBA than we've seen in years imo. Brooklyn or the Knicks could be good teams, Orlando and Boston, Sixers and Bucks only going to be better, likely.

Gonna be hell to get outta the East again next year.

Comment

• You guys with really see that with Lowry? I dunno, I think Kawhi already gets louder cheers than Lowry..DeRozan was always more loved than Lowry. Lowry is very divisive among the fans.

Comment

You guys with really see that with Lowry? I dunno, I think Kawhi already gets louder cheers than Lowry..DeRozan was always more loved than Lowry. Lowry is very divisive among the fans.
                                If he opens a series shooting 0-7 in game 1 next spring, all the good will garnered this postseason will be gone.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X