Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and he's still wearing his ovo championship hat

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Not sure if this is garbage but it’s an entertaining read. Still, to sum it up in the end, LA teams really want Kawhi. Nobody knows what Kawhi is thinking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comm...der_who_posts/

Courtesy of HP Basketball

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think Kawhi needs to hear from the Raps that the franchise is committed to pay the extra tax to run it back.... then Kawhi does a 1+1 to try for the repeat. Otherwise, he gone.
          That's pretty much what I've been saying. He's gonna tell Masai where he thinks the team can improve and Masai is just gonna nod his head under the constraints of the extra tax since they both know the Raps were full marks for this chip but were also fortunate and not likely to repeat just by running the same outfit out there (imo).

Changes will be made, he stay.
          Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Jun 21, 2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Not sure if this is garbage but it’s an entertaining read. Still, to sum it up in the end, LA teams really want Kawhi. Nobody knows what Kawhi is thinking.

thanks for posting this. if true the level of tampering that goes on is way beyond what i had ever imagined, and i didn't think i was that naive

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              The tax thing can be managed. And, as someone noted above, the Canadian rupee makes living up here a steal if you're paid in a real currency.
              Again, too much of a generalization.

That may be true in southern California, where a comparable mansion may be even more expensive than here. But a mansion in Minneapolis or Detroit may be 1M and that doesn't get you the pool house on the Bridle Path.

Yes, you're paid in US $ that go a long way here. But EVERYTHING is more expensive here to the AVERAGE US market from cars, houses, booze, food, gas, pretty much everything you can name
              Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Jun 21, 2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Not sure if this is garbage but it’s an entertaining read. Still, to sum it up in the end, LA teams really want Kawhi. Nobody knows what Kawhi is thinking.

This is fascinating.... A inside look into an organization so adept.. so sophisticated and so in control of things that they didn't figure out the salary cap implications of the AD deal until after it concluded. Theres arrogant... and then there is the Lakers.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

That may be true in southern California, where a comparable mansion may be even more expensive than here. But a mansion in Minneapolis or Detroit may be 1M and that doesn't get you the pool house on the Bridle Path.

Yes, you're paid in US $ that go a long way here. But EVERYTHING is more expensive here to the AVERAGE US market from cars, houses, booze, food, gas, pretty much everything you can name
                  Well, I just spent a month in South Carolina and I can tell you that food is cheaper in Canada, electronics are cheaper, restaurant meals are cheaper, but booze and smokes are more expensive in Canada. I was surprised. Hotel rooms are also no deal. I haveno idea how millionaire products compare, but buying middle calss shit in the US, and paying the dollar value difference is no deal unless you are talking booze, gas or smokes.

Comment

• So theres a media group called blog TO...and they seem to literally be stalking Kawhi, posting on where they find him multiple times a day

this type of shit is gonna literally be the reason he leaves, could fuck it all up with all this desperate aggressive stalking
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      So theres a media group called blog TO...and they seem to literally be stalking Kawhi, posting on where they find him multiple times a day

this type of shit is gonna literally be the reason he leaves, could fuck it all up with all this desperate aggressive stalking
                      and they get thousands of comments saying to leave him alone. They are fucking stupid
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Well, I just spent a month in South Carolina and I can tell you that food is cheaper in Canada, electronics are cheaper, restaurant meals are cheaper, but booze and smokes are more expensive in Canada. I was surprised. Hotel rooms are also no deal. I haveno idea how millionaire products compare, but buying middle calss shit in the US, and paying the dollar value difference is no deal unless you are talking booze, gas or smokes.
                        We're talking spending US dollars in the US though, not spending Cdn dollars in the US

Comment

No reason to compare the average US market, compare LA vs Toronto. Almost any cost of living index will have LA higher, especially at Kawhi's income level.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

We're talking spending US dollars in the US though, not spending Cdn dollars in the US
                            You have to convert Canadian dollars to US to buy stuff. If we want to do that then you could say the Raptors can offer Kawhi $251 million over 5 years.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Did you try Trivago?

Comment

We're comparing the cost of stuff here versus there, regardless of which currency you want to use as the baseline. If you want to talk about spending US dollars in the US, you compare that to spending US dollars here - where they go a lot further.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X