Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

It can't be in the contract. Has to be a handshake thing. Requires a lot of trust.
    I imagine even a handshake deal, if proven, would violate the CBA but I'm not sure why anyone thinks this matters much.

Lots of players demand trades all the time and it's not like GSW would force Durant to play if he demanded a trade. Doesn't seem like much of a bargaining chip for the team.... if I'm Durant I'm just saying, what is that to me? I can demand a trade any time and make your life miserable. What does this get him really? If he wants to sign with them then he can sign with them, sit out a year, and ask to be traded. Same with Kawhi or any other player. No team is going to force a guy to play for them. They always get out and have since Kareem.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

NOPE!

As I said before, take him to Muskoka where peeps are used to generally ignoring celebs as all the hockey dudes, music and movie entertainers and titans of Bay St don't really turn heads much.

Tons of cottages for sale/rent for $20,000 per week have their own basketball courts and helipads to avoid the traffic.....Tannenbaum himself probably has 3 available to him with tons of fishing and golf and fine dining at your doorstep. It's ruined Muskoka but that's another story lol

Keep Kawhi in ON to remind him there's occasionally great weather and that kind of recreation near by.
      Just wanted to spread the love to our Berta Bros lol.

Another part of the country and a beautiful one at that. The Muskokas and Algonquin are pretty damn good too. But I was "dreaming" about Ballmer et crew helicoptering over Lake Louise and the Rockies to make their presentation. I think it may throw them off some.

Ps ... we are getting silly ... but wth

Comment

• A lot has been made about leave Kawhi alone and hes looking for a peace and quiet, but I think right now hes really soaking up being the king of Toronto. Hes only human, an adoration on this level is a high that few experience. Even in San Antonio, he never reached these statuses. As I said before, that was Timmys town

the opposite might be true..it might actually work in our FAVOR that he became the most recognizable athlete in Canada over the span of 2 weeks. I think he likes it.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I imagine even a handshake deal, if proven, would violate the CBA but I'm not sure why anyone thinks this matters much.

Lots of players demand trades all the time and it's not like GSW would force Durant to play if he demanded a trade. Doesn't seem like much of a bargaining chip for the team.... if I'm Durant I'm just saying, what is that to me? I can demand a trade any time and make your life miserable. What does this get him really? If he wants to sign with them then he can sign with them, sit out a year, and ask to be traded. Same with Kawhi or any other player. No team is going to force a guy to play for them. They always get out and have since Kareem.
          Yeah, but if the team has a handshake deal in place from the beginning, there will be no animosity when the breakup happens. The team itself, will work in concert with the player to control the public perception and narrative of the exit, to avoid an ugly situation as much as possible.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            A lot has been made about leave Kawhi alone and hes looking for a peace and quiet, but I think right now hes really soaking up being the king of Toronto. Hes only human, an adoration on this level is a high that few experience. Even in San Antonio, he never reached these statuses. As I said before, that was Timmys town

the opposite might be true..it might actually work in our FAVOR that he became the most recognizable athlete in Canada over the span of 2 weeks. I think he likes it.
            Just keep buying those New Balance t-shirts, Canada. I'd be shocked if Kawhi isn't getting a cut of the profits, considering how he's wearing them 24/7.

Comment

• could be a long week...

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                could be a long week...
                Nah summertime and the livin is good..this is my last week until 2 weeks holidays and I got a ton of shit to do. And when my holiday starts, he stay. Yet another reason to get drunk as a skunk my first night out lol

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Just keep buying those New Balance t-shirts, Canada. I'd be shocked if Kawhi isn't getting a cut of the profits, considering how he's wearing them 24/7.
                  NB needs a better distributor.. all their stuff sells out so quick. The demand is huge here for their Kawhi line, and if he stays it will be even bigger. They should start printing shirts and hats now, even before he makes his decision.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

NB needs a better distributor.. all their stuff sells out so quick. The demand is huge here for their Kawhi line, and if he stays it will be even bigger. They should start printing shirts and hats now, even before he makes his decision.
                    Was gonna mention that. I was online looking for the Fun Guy shirt, and its not even available? Anyone else know anything on this

Comment

Yeah, but if the team has a handshake deal in place from the beginning, there will be no animosity when the breakup happens. The team itself, will work in concert with the player to control the public perception and narrative of the exit, to avoid an ugly situation as much as possible.
                      Maybe, but in my view the PR aspect is likely more valuable to the team than the player and I don't think having a handshake in place would reduce any animosity or make the parties more likely to work together, at least not based on my experience. For example, if he asks for a trade in the middle of a season where the Warriors look like title contenders, I can't imagine that's going to go very well handshake or not....

Comment

Was gonna mention that. I was online looking for the Fun Guy shirt, and its not even available? Anyone else know anything on this
                        I had assumed it was intentional to keep the Kawhi merchandise rare but it could also be incompetence...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Maybe, but in my view the PR aspect is likely more valuable to the team than the player and I don't think having a handshake in place would reduce any animosity or make the parties more likely to work together, at least not based on my experience. For example, if he asks for a trade in the middle of a season where the Warriors look like title contenders, I can't imagine that's going to go very well handshake or not....
                          The most likely (or only) reason that Kawhi would demand an in season trade would be if the Raps looks like they aren't legit contender anymore. In that case, at least half of the RR board will go back into pro-tank mode and we'll have about 100 threads saying we need to trade Kawhi asap for draft picks. RR will be way ahead of the curve on managing public perception.

Comment

The most likely (or only) reason that Kawhi would demand an in season trade would be if the Raps looks like they aren't legit contender anymore. In that case, at least half of the RR board will go back into pro-tank mode and we'll have about 100 threads saying we need to trade Kawhi asap for draft picks. RR will be way ahead of the curve on managing public perception.
                            A portion of arm chair GMs is already drooling over the amount of picks and prospects Kawhi could net you

Comment

A portion of arm chair GMs is already drooling over the amount of picks and prospects Kawhi could net you
                              When Kawhi leaves Toronto after 5 more years and 6 rings....

Shaolin: I told you so.

Comment

tenforthewin is cranking out some trade scenarios as we discus.

Comment

Working...
                                X