No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DALLAS - It would, an NBA source tells me, "take something crazy'' for Kawhi Leonard to meet with the Dallas Mavericks and then team up with them via free agency.
    But the NBA Finals MVP of the Toronto Raptors has a reputation for being a little "crazy,'' right?

Leonard, arguably the biggest prize on the free agent market this summer, recently declined his team option with the Raptors, making himself available. Conventional wisdom has it that Leonard will re-up with Toronto, with the Los Angeles Clippers a top candidate as well. A report from ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski last week indicated that Leonard will take meetings with the New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers and the Brooklyn Nets. The Los Angeles Lakers also consider themselves contenders for the superstar forward's services.

So where do the Dallas Mavericks come in?

Long-time NBA writer Chris Sheridan reported on Monday afternoon that Dallas is “expecting” to speak with Leonard at some point. And while the report is being met with a great deal of skepticism, sources tell me Sheridan isn't as off-base as many think.

One NBA source tells me that the Mavs "don't know yet'' if they are going to be able to secure a meeting with Kawhi
    https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...-it-133149171/

Comment

• Comment

• The odds are getting better for keeping Kawhi.

bet365 is showing -350 odds:
        https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B18/C206.../E42319475/F2/

Those are better than oddsshark, and bet365 as far as I know is way more legit.

Has this now just become a formality? This whole year has been so surreal. We are the bloody champions and now a top 3-5 American born player is favoured to resign with us as an unrestricted free agent.

Comment

• Does anyone know why the term sign and trade isn't used anymore ?

Comment

• The sense I get from the Masai presser is that nobody knows what Kawhi is going to do. Not even Uncle Dennis. Kawhi is keeping his cards close to the vest, or simply needs to go through the process and get the information he needs to make his decision.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              Does anyone know why the term sign and trade isn't used anymore ?
              The new CBA did away with them as we previously understood them. They still exist, but have been seriously neutered in terms of ability for teams over the cap to exploit it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                The sense I get from the Masai presser is that nobody knows what Kawhi is going to do. Not even Uncle Dennis. Kawhi is keeping his cards close to the vest, or simply needs to go through the process and get the information he needs to make his decision.
                First time actually having a choice as a pro. I can see wanting to make the most informed decision. In fact, I applaud it. (because I know we are the best option )

Comment

• This was an interesting quote from Lawrence Frank after the draft. Not too hard to read between the lines that it sounds like tempering expectations about the Clippers getting Kawhi in free agency.

Obviously we’re gonna do our best in free agency, but also realize we never put all our eggs in one basket.

Comment

This was an interesting quote from Lawrence Frank after the draft. Not too hard to read between the lines that it sounds like tempering expectations about the Clippers getting Kawhi in free agency.

"Dear Kawhi, we wrote you but you still ain't callin

we left our cell, our pager and our home phone at the bottom.

we sent 2 team employees back in autumn you must not have got em"
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jalen Rose: Kawhi, stay in Toronto.

Comment

• If there were a Venn diagram of Raptors fans + Lizzo fans, I'd fall squarely in the middle (as would Lizzo herself, apparently).

Comment

The sense I get from the Masai presser is that nobody knows what Kawhi is going to do. Not even Uncle Dennis. Kawhi is keeping his cards close to the vest, or simply needs to go through the process and get the information he needs to make his decision.
                          None of these media guys know fuck all. Leonard's camp doesn't leak and Toronto doesn't leak. The other 'sources' are just people speculating.

The one massive advantage Toronto is knowledge of Kawhi and his team having worked with them for a year. When there is an information vacuum, that advantage is magnified. Toronto's presentation can be laser-focused on Kawhi, whereas, no other team will be able to do that cause they will have to work on figuring out what is important to him through the meeting.

One interesting thing from the Ujiri presser was him mentioning he had already met with Kawhi. Now, that may be routine or simple courtesy but it strikes me as an important note.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

None of these media guys know fuck all. Leonard's camp doesn't leak and Toronto doesn't leak. The other 'sources' are just people speculating.

The one massive advantage Toronto is knowledge of Kawhi and his team having worked with them for a year. When there is an information vacuum, that advantage is magnified. Toronto's presentation can be laser-focused on Kawhi, whereas, no other team will be able to do that cause they will have to work on figuring out what is important to him through the meeting.

One interesting thing from the Ujiri presser was him mentioning he had already met with Kawhi. Now, that may be routine or simple courtesy but it strikes me as an important note.
                            I wouldnt be surprised if there's a text or call to Kawhi almost every day from Masai or Bobby....you can't let dinner get cold, let the fish off the hook, whatever metaphor you want to choose. A lot can change in a week and Raptors need to stay tight to him as best as they can until that name hits paper with pen

Remember when Dallas had Deandre Jordan signed sealed and delivered (except not formally) and the Clippers ran up in his house and practically held him hostage? It's a dirty game
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I wouldnt be surprised if there's a text or call to Kawhi almost every day from Masai or Bobby....you can't let dinner get cold, let the fish off the hook, whatever metaphor you want to choose. A lot can change in a week and Raptors need to stay tight to him as best as they can until that name hits paper with pen

Remember when Dallas had Deandre Jordan signed sealed and delivered (except not formally) and the Clippers ran up in his house and practically held him hostage? It's a dirty game
                              Maybe Kyle, Serge and Marc should go to every meeting with him and snort, scowl, shake their heads no and say "not as good as we have it in Toronto" at every offer/discussion point.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You and me fly out to TO, we grab Joey and Goldblum and golden and we trap Kawhi and make him miss all his meetings. Once everyone else has used up their cap space we let him go.

Five more chips. Six for the Six.

Comment

Working...
                                X