Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

It's a big win-win actually. You never heard of that company until today... because of Kawhi Leonard.

I've been saying all along that it's going to be pretty hard for Kawhi not to do at least a 1+1 to take advantage of the massive endorsement opportunities that are going to be sent his way if he re-signs in Canada. Way bigger than being playing fiddle to Lebron in L.A., let alone other sports and celebrities.

A 1+1 would be kind of weak, so the 2+1 to get to the veteran max with all options open sounds like the right move for Kawhi, and the optics would look like more of a committment to potential sponsors.
    Maybe this is part of the reason Kawhi hasn't tipped his hat yet.

Companies are throwing offers at him left and right and he is assessing all the offers that he can get staying in this market vs L.A.

The business side of a world class athlete is much bigger than just signing a contract. I think signing a 1-1 deal here or 2-1 than going to L.A is a better overall business net position to Kawhi.

He won the war now its time to enjoy the spoils of it.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Jun 27, 2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Maybe this is part of the reason Kawhi hasn't tipped his hat yet.

Companies are throwing offers at him left and right and he is assessing all the offers that he can get staying in this market vs L.A.

The business side of a world class athlete is much bigger than just signing a contract. I think signing a 1-1 deal here or 2-1 than going to L.A is a better overall business net position to Kawhi.

He won the war now its time to enjoy the spoils of it.
      Ballmer's going to do something shady..... like off-shore bank accounts. I wouldn't bet against it.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I think this is bigger than Carter. I have my puck head friends talking about Kawhi signing a 1+1 contract. In Calgary. These guys have never even watched basketball before May.
        It is bigger than Carter.

Carter was a nightly highlight dunk machine but it was gimmicky and Raptor fans were still patiently waiting for the emergence of the Next Jordan from him which never came.

Kawhi fulfilled all that and won the championship.

Comment

Ballmer's going to do something shady..... like off-shore bank accounts. I wouldn't bet against it.
          Trying to buy the Klaw logo from Nike and paying off ESPN to promote L.A is shady enough for me.

Comment

• Comment

That sounds promising. I guess yet is now

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

That sounds promising. I guess yet is now
                Reading the replies to the tweet, I'm getting the impression that it's old news (it's the place Kawhi rented this past season)

Comment

Same rumour as the last rumour or is this a new rumour or just the latest rumour?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Reading the replies to the tweet, I'm getting the impression that it's old news (it's the place Kawhi rented this past season)
                    Well no, it isn't old news. It means, he liked the place he rented when he wasn't sure he'd be here long, and now, that he's gonna be around a lot longer, he bought it, because ain't no way he's paying rent, and real estate is always a safe bet in a big city.

Thats actually new, and pretty big news if it's true.

Comment

• That's a really nice area. If true he maybe a regular at the Jolly Roger ... wonder if it's still there ... a nice drinking spot .

Comment

• Our own banana boat

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Our own banana boat

Didnt even zip his life jacket up. Fun, but bad ass, guy.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Our own banana boat

He does not look like he's having fun ... but I guess that's the whole "don't get too high / don't get too low" mentality we've all heard about ... man is a statue. Impressive.

Comment

• Another big clue revealed!!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Another big clue revealed!!

This is too much!! CSIS has to be on the surveillance detail. Eye in the sky. Lol. The country is really on the case. Bring Kawhi Back.

Comment

Working...
                                X