X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    Make of this what you may........... re: meeting with Magic

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...1_127_29433533
    the meeting that supposedly hasn't even happened?

All this free agency shit is such melodramatic trash

Comment

• If Kawhi values his health, and he does, he will want to continue the load management piece. It's a lot easier to do that in the east

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

the meeting that supposedly hasn't even happened?

All this free agency shit is such melodramatic trash
        I used the wrong term "meeting". The piece uses "conversation/s". You are right, it doesn't mean the content is accurate.... hence my caveat at the outset.

Comment

• Ah... we have the title, Serge, Trust, Medical Team, Masai, $'s, First Option... We have plenty of ammunition. If it's geography that is most important it's beyond our control. Of the criteria we can control, the Raptors have done a great, first class job.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

I used the wrong term "meeting". The piece uses "conversation/s". You are right, it doesn't mean the content is accurate.... hence my caveat at the outset.
            yeah lol.

i find it hard to imagine that leonard hasn't already had his discussions and decided by this point given the fact that every other free agent was basically announced the second 6pm hit (or earlier) yesterday. the moratorium is just to drive up speculation and generate clicks.

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
              If Kawhi values his health, and he does, he will want to continue the load management piece. It's a lot easier to do that in the east
              Ironically it was LAL who let Alex McKechnie go (because of $ I believe) before he joined the Raptors.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                And I'm pretty certain Agent and Sponsorship (New Balance etc. ) are pushing him incredibly hard to go to LA, for THEM, it's a huge pay day. Toronto doesn't have the ammunition to fight on all these fronts.
                Rovell already tweeted the opposite of this. From New Balance's perspective. The Canadian Market is probably better. Bron and his billion dollar Nike deal is going to smother Kawhi and New Balance. Kawhi has a stronger brand in Toronto then he will with the Lakers.

Comment

• Masai said that Kawhi wants a challenge. Lakers will allow him to take advantage of what comes with being on the Lakers, but the ceiling of building a true global brand on a team that is trying to frame itself as the world's team is the higher ceiling and the greater challenge.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Yup. I think he is gone. If he was staying, we would have heard something by now.
                    That's how I feel too.
                    Still the GROAT.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

Rovell already tweeted the opposite of this. From New Balance's perspective. The Canadian Market is probably better. Bron and his billion dollar Nike deal is going to smother Kawhi and New Balance. Kawhi has a stronger brand in Toronto then he will with the Lakers.
                      This isn't just about Canadian market vs US market. The media narrative of Kawhi the lone independent who leads *his* team to victory in Canada is amazing (and has been very savvily marketed already. Compare that to the Media narrative of Lebron as #1, AD as #2, and Kawhi and Kuzma as their supporting cast; there might be a Laker fan bump in merchandising but for the brand overall, that's a slide into near irrelvance in comparison. Even Kawhi to the Clippers would be something that NB's marketing could deal with; just not Kawhi to the Lakers.

And please take note that this would be *media driven* - I don't think there is anything that Lebron and AD could do to change what the media narratives are going to be. Look at how things turned out for the Heatles: Bosh was, IMO, at least as good as Wade during those years and much more necessary in terms of role, and he's remembered as a distant 3rd fiddle. It was Wade who got the big bump in reputation from Lebron, not Bosh, and it's AD who would get the big bump in reputation in a new big three in LA, not Kawhi.

(For similar reasons, I'd argue that Kawhi could be happy with either the Clippers or Toronto, but there's no way he would be happy with the Lebron Lakers under virtually any circumstances: he'd get a full share of the heavy lifting, most of the blame if/when things go wrong, and less than his share of the credit. And again, all of this is media driven: Lebron and AD are bigger stars than Kawhi, regardless of whether Kawhi or AD deserves it more, and that's the way the pecking order would be if Kawhi signed there.)

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

That's how I feel too.
                        Still the GROAT.
                        Both of you were negative throughout the playoffs too.

Silence doesn't mean a thing, especially when we have the last meeting. It's silence. Interpreting it as a negative is a projection of your own state of mind.

Comment

• These people thinking Kawhi is gone are weird as fuck lol

Comment

• Running it back for a year makes a lot of sense. See what the Lakers think, what their plan is. Tell them you'll come next year if it pans out, and then run it back to repeat as a Raptor. The rewards Kawhi can reap from that championship in Canada are this year. New Balance can sell a lot of shoes rolling them out when he announces he stays.

Kawhi can really have it all here. I think he makes a mistake if he bets on the Lakers and not Masai. I'd always bet on Masai.

Comment

• I'm out downtown with my Leonard North jersey over top of a Canada shirt.

July 2nd will be henceforth known as Kawhanada day.

happy Canada day RR
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Both of you were negative throughout the playoffs too.

Silence doesn't mean a thing, especially when we have the last meeting. It's silence. Interpreting it as a negative is a projection of your own state of mind.
                                I know my gut is wrong most of the time,
                                laying it out there is just a destress mechanism. Lol

I trust that Masai will reiterate to team Kawhi his vision of international branding.
                                Also the way the FA frenzy took place, they can now see a better picture of the league and how they can win the East again and perhaps even go back to back with the Larry OB.

Lakers will always be there for Kawhi.
                                And why wouldn't they welcome the potential 3 peat Finals MVP with open arms?
                                Kawhi then can retire a Laker even a bigger global superstar, be the king of Lakerland and have his #2 retired by the Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X