No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could see a scenario where Lakers felt good enough about their meeting with Kawhi to proceed as though they were successful, and some people within the organization are assuming that means they were successful. But reading Kawhi is notoriously difficult. I could equally imagine the Lakers totally misreading the situation.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
      would this be a new franchise low?
      Absolutely not. It was very clear when we traded for him that he wanted to play in LA, and if he still feels that I way, I respect it.

He gutted out the last two rounds playing on one leg. He gave everything he had, and now we have the championship. He owes us nothing.

"Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Well if he goes, have fun being a Raptor fan next year, if you thought the team was disrespected before, you ain't seen nothing yet.

IF he signs with the Lakers, then he will have fucked Toronto beyond words as they will have neither he, now ANY of the guys that could have filled his void, as none are available now.

Complete shit show for Toronto, complete rebuild.

I doubt I'd make it, I'd likely be done with watching the sport if that happens.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Absolutely not. It was very clear when we traded for him that he wanted to play in LA, and if he still feels that I way, I respect it.

He gutted out the last two rounds playing on one leg. He gave everything he had, and now we have the championship. He owes us nothing.
          of fuck that noise.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            I doubt I'd make it, I'd likely be done with watching the sport if that happens.
            I guarantee you'll keep watching
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              uhhh so if this account is to be believed (the twitter account belongs to a reddit poster who has been breaking legit lakers news for a while), then kawhi has signed with the lakers

https://twitter.com/RDAmbition_/stat...31903137632257
              Holy shit.... This dude is legit. He broke Horford to Philly days before it happened on Reddit. This is a gut punch even though I was expecting it.

FUCK

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

it's just unprecedented is all. and if a guy can't be convinced after a season like that then it seems we'll never be able to retain players of his caliber, unless they aren't American.

anyhow here's some more apparent AEG insider info from a poster on lakersball who goes by mr. rambis. not sure if it's the same guy, who posters on that site think is riley buss.

My sources at AEG haven’t gotten word that the deal is done. Their belief is that the situation may not be resolved today. Lakers FO still quiet which is a good sign. Preparations on promotional material for a Lakers "Big 3" are still underway, and confidence internally is still high that Kawhi will be a Laker, especially after Magic’s meeting.
                (Lack of) Update on the Kawhi situation: AEG told to be patient but Lakers have internal confidence. Am told AEG won’t get official word until Kawhi speaks with the Raptors and gives them his final decision.

Possible deal is done, but doesn’t seem like it…

But whoever the Raptors leak to will get the news first. I’m not ESPN-caliber with my sources, unfortunately.

Kawhi is reportedly pleased that he will have a direct line to Jeanie Buss for any and all situations, as well as the freedom to have personal staff members onboard, similar to LeBron James. Lakers officials, I’m told, have expressed to Kawhi and his camp that they will treat him as a franchise cornerstone and will do everything in their power to ensure he has a long, healthy career as a Los Angeles Laker. They emphasized that given the star power on the roster, Kawhi will have no issues taking nights off as needed, under the supervision of Judy Seto.

LeBron independently expressed that as his career winds down, he is comfortable conceding the spotlight to both Kawhi Leonard and Anthony Davis. He mentioned that after his championship in Cleveland, he’s satisfied with his time as the undisputed primary option, and now would like to focus on extending his career to hopefully cross paths with his oldest son.
                Lakers high confidence stems from the fact that they felt the primary holdup was centered around Kawhi’s distrust of the front office and the rumored lack of professionalism in organizational operations and structure. At this point, their belief is those concerns, for the most part, have been quelled.

Their belief is that regardless of any further communication and meetings between the Lakers and Kawhi, Kawhi will allow the Raptors to get the last word in before he makes his decision.
                at least we get that

Comment

• Sources this and sources that, and trying to wade through the conflicting reports from multiple sources, I have come to two conclusions:

1. We are at least 24 hours away from a Kawhi decision, and possibly 48-72 hours away, and...

2. The longer it takes for Kawhi to decide, the louder the noise is going to be about Kawhi going to the Lakers, stoked incessantly by the powers that be within the Lakers organization and the fawning press that wants to cover one superteam rather than half a dozen or more much more interesting potential contenders due to a combination of fanboyism and laziness. And this will be the case regardless of whether Kawhi goes to the Lakers, the Clippers, the Raptors, or does something completely ridiculous and unforeseeable like holding out for a sign and trade to Minnesota for Wiggins.

Comment

• Fuck the Lakers. We'll wait for the word from Masai. If Kawhi decides otherwise he will let us know too.

Comment

• welpppp

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                        would this be a new franchise low?

like the entire history of the raptors franchise (and of raptors fandom, by extension) to now has been a struggle for legitimacy in this league. i mostly poked fun at the collective insecurity in the past, because we were fucking irrelevant so of course we'd be dismissed. i thought the perception would change and all the “the air smells different/how do i watch espn?/i don’t want my children to go to school in canada” shit would die the day we became a legitimate contender.

but we just won the chip. it was a fucking spectacular ride with a tonne of magical moments and the entire country got on the raptors bandwagon. the dude at the center of it all had an all-time run and became a national hero.

and he's promptly leaving for the cicus in LA and to become one of lebron’s latest sidekicks? and toronto didn’t even get a chance to make their pitch?

fuck that.
                        Unlike Durant... Kawhi has nothing left to prove in the NBA. He executed a mission that he never signed up for. He played on one leg since game 3 of the Sixers series when the entire team went completely AWOL. He can go home and enjoy the rest of his career. Just say thanks and give him a standing ovation when he returns.

Still... Masai gets the last pitch. And you can never bet against Masai. Best case scenario is a 1 + none.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Fuck the Lakers. We'll wait for the word from Masai. If Kawhi decides otherwise he will let us know too.
                          More like "Fuck Lebron & Rich Paul". None of this happens if Lebron doesn't choose the Lakers to build his media empire and then poach Anthony Davis. Lebron and Klutch Sports literally run the league now - they are playing next level 4-dimensional chess.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Unlike Durant... Kawhi has nothing left to prove in the NBA. He executed a mission that he never signed up for. He played on one leg since game 3 of the Sixers series when the entire team went completely AWOL. He can go home and enjoy the rest of his career. Just say thanks and give him a standing ovation when he returns.

Still... Masai gets the last pitch. And you can never bet against Masai. Best case scenario is a 1 + none.
                            Not so long ago when the Leafs sucked a lot more than they do currently the free agent period looked a lot like the NBA free agent frenzy this year. Any and all big name NHL players were coming to Toronto because it was

A) Toronto
                            B) Said players might have played some minor hockey in the GTHL or
                            C) Said players were coming home because they might have lived in Toronto or were within 100kms of the GTA.

But they were all coming home. All of them. To play for their hometown team. Except none of them did.

The TSN and SportsNet analysts who though they claim to be a national in scope are all Toronto centric in their reporting.

Sound familiar as ESPN and NBA TV cover the Kawhi coming home narrative. It will be what it will be... but there is really not that much new under the sun.. just a lot of really applicable old stuff that can be redone ....and right now its the LA centric based basektball media wihich is big and respected that is covering the Leonard sweepstakes with an unintended by cringeworthy LA hometown bias...
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jul 2, 2019, 09:12 AM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Not so long ago when the Leafs sucked a lot more than they do currently the free agent period looked a lot like the NBA free agent frenzy this year. Any and all big name NHL players were coming to Toronto because it was

A) Toronto
                              B) Said players might have played some minor hockey in the GTHL or
                              C) Said players were coming home because they might have lived in Toronto or were within 100kms of the GTA.

But they were all coming home. All of them. To play for their hometown team. Except none of them did.

The TSN and SportsNet analysts who though they claim to be a national in scope are all Toronto centric in their reporting.

Sound familiar as ESPN and NBA TV cover the Kawhi coming home narrative. It will be what it will be... but there is really not that much new under the sun.. just a lot of really applicable old stuff that can be redone ....and right now its the LA centric based basektball media wihich is big and respected that is covering the Leonard sweepstakes with an unintended by cringeworthy LA hometown bias...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

He played on one leg since game 3 of the Sixers series when the entire team went completely AWOL.
                                He got injured in game 3 of the Bucks series playing crazy minutes in the double OT game.

Comment

Working...
                                X