• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get it done.

Comment

• Masai waiting at the meeting spot like

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Masai will bring Kawhi home to Raptors.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Someone earlier had posted a link to a Lakers reddit site that had some ramblings of an AEG employee (basically an insider). Assuming the source is valid (and you can never really take anything seriously on the internet).. than Balmer paid media guys to make the Clippers look better. It can explain why Woj always has the Clippers as a target for most top tier free agents.

If you go back and look at Woj's tweets/posts, he never really says anything bad or questionable about the Clippers.

Back in the day.. Woj did similar stuff for the Pistons when Dumars was the GM. You scratch Woj's back and he'll scratch yours. Raptors run a tight ship and so they'll never play the same type of game the Clippers have played. Hence why Woj would shoot out a tweet about the Wizards having interest in Masai literally a few minutes after they won their chip.
          I think the rumour of Ballmer paying off the media to make the Clippers look good is true. And i'm looking at the two biggest NBA sports personalities today: Stephen A. Smith and Woj.

Literally 10 secs after the Raptors won the championship, Woj immediately published a story about the WIzards and Masai. Remember? I thought the timing of it was strange. The FOLLOWING day, Candace Buckner, beat writer for the Wizards, wrote a story about how a person close to the organization told her that the Wizards have no imminent plans to request permission to speak to Ujiri, nor has Monumental Sports & Entertainment arranged an offer. Ted Leonsis the following week denied the rumour himself.

I think, and this is just my opinion, i think Ballmer was the one behind that story. Why? it's a scare tactic. To scare Kawhi off from re-signing with the Raptors.

Stephen A. Smith though since Woj broke the story kept running with the Masai Ujiri is leaving narrative on First Take EVERY DAY. "If Masai leaves, then Kawhi is likely gone as well" not once he ever mentioned what Buckner wrote or how Ted Leonsis denied the story. He stopped talking about it after the Masai press conference last week.

Also, remember the ESPN finals preview show? of ALL the coaches to invite in that show, who did Stephen A invite? DOC RIVERS. The NBA fined Doc Rivers $50,000 in that show for tampering. I can't remember exactly what he said but i think he was comparing Kawhi to MJ.

Now he's saying Kawhi should go to the Clippers because he don't want a champion from Canada again because Canada loves their hockey. And because joining the Lakers would be a weak move.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Personally, if we lose out on Kawhi. I hope he goes to the Lakers. Yeah they'd be a superteam but it's not like we've never seen a super team before.

Ballmer and the Clippers are a shady organization.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Here's a light read if you need some distraction..

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/7...lakers-raptors

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I think the rumour of Ballmer paying off the media to make the Clippers look good is true. And i'm looking at the two biggest NBA sports personalities today: Stephen A. Smith and Woj......

It's not really a rumor. This was a whole story in the preseason that the Clippers hired Lee Jenkins away from SI with the sole purpose of changing the media narrative for the Clippers.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2018...ont-office-job

Comment

• Dude, Woj has done this for years. How do you think he gets his sources? He does favors for teams and they return the favor by giving him scoops. All of these insiders operate that way. They don't need to pay him, he needs them.

More than that, teams give false leaks all the time for a variety of reasons. Other times they might just want to use him as a conduit to float trail balloons.

None of this is new with Kawhi. It's just louder now.

Comment

• Well, it's like they say, a lie can travel half the world before the truth has the chance to put its boots on. An old saying, but as accurate as ever on this age of freakin twitter.

Sports Journalists have always spun things in certain ways to get narratives A or B more legs, but flat-out lying (like the Masai to Wizards made up story for example) it's a new low.

Comment

• Every time I click refresh here or on reddit and there's no updates, this scene pops into my mind.

Still no news of Kawhi?
                      No word. Nothing.
                      We still have time. Every day Kawhi moves closer to resigning.
                      Do we know that?
                      What does your heart tell you?
                      That Kawhi is still a Raptor. Yes, yes, he stay.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Here's a light read if you need some distraction..

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/7...lakers-raptors
                        Thank you. Filled the need nicely.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Here we goooooo!!!

Good luck Lord Masai!!!!
                          So this report came out a 5:30 or so. Is that on the west coast? Is Masai supposed to be out there? Or is the meeting supposed to take place later today in Toronto? 5:30 on the west coast would be 8:30 in Toronto. So are they supposed to be meeting later tonight? Or is this just more bullshit.

Do I need to stay up until midnight to make sure I don't miss this?

As an aside, I got a belated Fathers day T-shirt for a present. "Board Man Gets Paid." A beauty gift from a thoughtful daughter.
                          Last edited by Puffer; Tue Jul 2, 2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Lakers twitter is obsessing over 300 people with no sources while the raptors are convinced of some secret test going on

Comment

• Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Dude, Woj has done this for years. How do you think he gets his sources? He does favors for teams and they return the favor by giving him scoops. All of these insiders operate that way. They don't need to pay him, he needs them.
                                Yup. The fancy term is access journalism.

Comment

Working...
                                X