No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The plane landed a few minutes ago. Why are there no pictures?

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
      *cough*
      Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Comment

Time for this dude to stfu now ....

Comment

• How reliable is Chris Broussard?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• hoodlum wrote: View Post
            The plane landed a few minutes ago. Why are there no pictures?
            This deal's carbon footprint is now huge ....

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              How reliable is Chris Broussard?

Pretty reliable. 95% of the time he goes against the Raptors on topics.

Comment

Bullshit. A longer term deal actually favour the Raptors in several ways as well. One, you get the extra 5th year no other team can offer. Two, on longer deals the stability of the Front Office becomes more important, both in terms how they're gonna take care of you, but also in terms of foresight in long term roster building. Three, if he wants security due to injury history, you want the trust of the medical staff that took care of him here, and load managed as needed. That's big for Kawhi. (in LA there will be like San Antonio or worse, with regards to pressure to play etc..)

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Bullshit. A longer term deal actually favour the Raptors in several ways as well. One, you get the extra 5th year no other team can offer. Two, on longer deals the stability of the Front Office becomes more important, both in terms how they're gonna take care of you, but also in terms of foresight in long term roster building. Three, if he wants security due to injury history, you want the trust of the medical staff that took care of him here, and load managed as needed. That's big for Kawhi. (in LA there will be like San Antonio or worse, with regards to pressure to play etc..)
                  But Kawhi is as allergic to Canada as Broussard is. Just ask Broussard and his multiple "sources".

Comment

• Chris Broussard is s$##..stop sucking Magic D%$%...just shut the f#@% up...this guy should be fired.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Chris Broussard is completely, completely useless on this. You can ignore everything he has to say.

I trust Jalen Rose, he doesn't do the source quote thing unless he really has something.

Cris Carter I'm not sure, he's connected to the family but spent a lot of time talking about how Kawhi had no interest in playing in Toronto last summer. That turned out alright.

End of the day these guys have a wide margin for error with Kawhi. People around Kawhi may report something they see or think, we all know this doesn't necessarily mean it's what Kawhi thinks or what his final decision will be.

Kawhi is so focused and so "one step at a time," I really believe he wanted to take all these meetings, work through the options, and make his decision from there. Sure he may have had a couple preferences going into it, he just had a great experience in Toronto and home is in California. But I don't think he'll have for sure decided until he worked through the process, that's just the kind of guy he is. Which means all the reports leading up to his actual decision are pure speculation, no matter how close to him that speculation is coming from. Until he's actually told somebody what he's going to do, everybody's guessing what they think he's going to do, including all the "insiders".
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• for those with hats (tin folil or otherwise), the MLSE plane is on it's way back from San Diego to Toronto

Comment

• Man I can't wait to hear his decision.

I've been pretty confident since the trade happened that we would show him enough to stay.
                          Our team is in a great international city.
                          We have a great front office.
                          Our medical staff is top notch.
                          Our ownership has deep pockets.
                          Our coach was unproven at this level, but that has been put to bed.
                          Our team is a contender, with a mixture of vets, young cats and future cap flexibility.
                          Our brand stretches throughout all of Canada and now potentially the world, given we are the only non-USA team.
                          Yes we are smaller in population than Cali and Texas, but they have 4 and 3 teams respectively.
                          The only thing against us is our weather in the winter, and proximity to his family. I don't buy taxes; Cali's are high. Plus your potential endorsements up here is greater, given the fact that you have a bigger piece of the pie.
                          I've become more optimistic as the season went on.

All that said, I can't say that I haven't been up and down with each inside scoop. All of them are biased, but so are we.

If Carter's quote is real, and he wants to prove he's the best player on the planet, I think it's either us or the Clippers, because I can't see you being the best player on the planet when you can't say without certainty that you are the best player on your team. If the statement about winning as many championships is true, I think it's between us and the Lakers. LA will be stacked with him, but super top heavy and they play in the west, so never an easy road. With him, we saw we can make it out of the East and win. The east, although better than years past, is still only 4-6 teams strong. So even if you have a catastrophically bad year with injuries, you can still make it in. You can't say the same about the west. So if we look at Carter's quote (omitting his personal belief) The team that can cement you being the best player on the planet and win multiple championships is the Raptors.

I won't be angry if he leaves, but I will be gutted. But right now I just want to know either way.

Comment

• So...he's either on his way to his home in San Diego or his family is in the air to be with him in Toronto. Either way...

He stay.

Comment

• Ha

Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Jul 5, 2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Ha

Twitter is toying with our emotions.

Comment

Working...
                                X