Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    I will say something that might not be convincing at all to many - if not all - members. If I were Massai I would not sign Kawhi for a long term contract. Believe it or not, we have got the best of him this year and in my humble opinion it was because it was a contract year.
    When I think about his injury history and his strange and unclear history with Spurs, I feel very convinced that 5 years or even 4 years contract is a major and high risk.

I understand that this approach might be very strange to many, but good management must bear in mind all factors that affect the process of decission making. The pleasure and glory of wining a title must not blind us about many things.
    This is a fair point and worthy of consideration ... but surely the Raptors have considered the risks here and are probably the best positioned from an informational viewpoint about Kawhi's medical issues. I understand that Alex Mckechnie has a very good relationship with Kawhi and would know as well as anyone the risks. Then of course there is insurance on the contract in case of injury. Kawhi is a unique talent and probably the best two way player in the NBA alongwith all the intangibles he brings to the table as a leader.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Kawhi asked to be traded out of San Antonio. He gave his preference. Lakers or Clippers. Both of them did not make the effort it took to get him. They weren't willing to take a chance on his injury and Kawhi getting back to form. Masai went in full bore. Now he is free to make a decision. Go to the Lakers, Clippers or Toronto. Hmmmm. Which way should he go? Wonder what he will choose?
      Makes sense, as someone that values trust,
      it is very important that the team values you.
      I understand now why he requested to talk to Magic-
      And why he asked whether the Lakers attempted to trade for him.
      On the Raptors's side, trading DeMar, the face of the Raptors, for him would mean so much to him.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

This is a fair point and worthy of consideration ... but surely the Raptors have considered the risks here and are probably the best positioned from an informational viewpoint about Kawhi's medical issues. I understand that Alex Mckechnie has a very good relationship with Kawhi and would know as well as anyone the risks. Then of course there is insurance on the contract in case of injury. Kawhi is a unique talent and probably the best two way player in the NBA alongwith all the intangibles he brings to the table as a leader.
        I understand all that and I do love Kawhi as a player and I believe he is a superstar, but let me say it in a frankly way, we got this title with Kawhi due to many reasons, many of them were out of our hands. Injury in other teams, Fred Vanvleet playing like a star, Siakam playing like a star and many factors that might not come to us again.
        Next year Gasol will make something like 25 million, and we have some meaningless contracts, we can not tighten the rope around our neck in such a way. We handled Kawhi in a very smart way, we did not play him many games to give him some rest, but this will not happen again. I will not keep gambling and keep gambling believing that it will work out again.

I will let it go.
        Last edited by RaptorsVictim; Fri Jul 5, 2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Large trees are no joke and you better not diy unless you really know what you're doing
          I just had a guy build 2 houses beside me. Worst experience in life. I was prepared.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
            I will say something that might not be convincing at all to many - if not all - members. If I were Massai I would not sign Kawhi for a long term contract. Believe it or not, we have got the best of him this year and in my humble opinion it was because it was a contract year.
            When I think about his injury history and his strange and unclear history with Spurs, I feel very convinced that 5 years or even 4 years contract is a major and high risk.

I understand that this approach might be very strange to many, but good management must bear in mind all factors that affect the process of decission making. The pleasure and glory of wining a title must not blind us about many things.

Comment

• But good medical staff says different

Comment

• Man..I can't stand Lebron, his at the summer league, lonzo was there 2, there is no love there, it looked like he didn't know who he was,total disrespect,u really want 2 b a teamate of that..Dont Trust him..
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Another big quake in Southern California tonight - 7.1 on the Richter scale

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                    Man..I can't stand Lebron, his at the summer league, lonzo was there 2, there is no love there, it looked like he didn't know who he was,total disrespect,u really want 2 b a teamate of that..Dont Trust him..
                    1. Lavar Ball went out of his way to trash Lebron.

2. Looks like Lebron was nice to me....

https://twitter.com/malika_andrews/s...21342737301504

Comment

• Delete.

Comment

• damn Kawhi to Clips.

Sister posted Clippers logo on IG
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Thanks for everything Kawhi
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            damn Kawhi to Clips.

Sister posted Clippers logo on IG
                            Yea he's going to Clippers. Dammit!
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Comment

• And Clippers are getting Paul George. Fuck. Oh well he gave us what we wanted and we all expected it. He gets to be closer to home and bring LA a championship now
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X