No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like to think Kawhi is still a Raptor.
    He’ll just be load managing every game next year.

Comment

• Dudes dead to me.
      What a douche move

Comment

• https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/st...918212101?s=20

Well, it was a good run. Please do not boo him next year regardless he won us our only ever ring.

Comment

• Thank-you Kawhi and best of luck!

Comment

• Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
            https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/st...918212101?s=20

Well, it was a good run. Please do not boo him next year regardless he won us our only ever ring.
            I'll boo him loudly.

Comment

• Just write this down, those players are not running after titles or loyality, it is all about money. I am totally satisfied that we did not fall in Kawhi trap. Congratulation Massai and this is time to build around Siakam.
              On the other hand, thanks Kawhi, we can not ask you for more than you did.

Comment

• I just found out and now can't sleep. And I want to sleep....
                Feels like crap and I'm in the grief phase before the thankful stage. Super glad it wasn't LA but still feels like crap.
                *hides all sharp things in the house*

Comment

• It’s disappointing but it’s alright. He didn’t owe us anything at all.

He came here against his will, won us a championship, and then went home.

Thank you Kawhi.

Comment

• This hurts, and leaving for LA was the weak choice, but we knew what we were getting into.

Can't wait to watch Masai respond. Can't wait to watch this team play next year - they'll have the biggest chip on their shoulders in sports history.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Kawhi gets bad advice okc just took there future and their best trade piece. Wasn’t Paul injuries in the playoffs last year?

Comment

• I guess though all that talk of trust being the reason he left the Spurs can now be shut down. He wanted to go home to LA and forced his way out.

Excited to see what the Raptors do next.

Comment

• He didn't ask to be traded here.
                          He played his azz off for us.
                          We won the chip.
                          That can't be taken away from us.
                          You couldn't ask for anything more really.
                          Forever grateful....

But it not only reinforces but cements the notion that truly elite FA won't choose or stay in Toronto.
                          Weather really is a negative here if you don't have the pedigree of the Celtics, Bulls or even the NY area.
                          Look, I wanted the Raps to chase Durant before he went to Golden State but there was no chance.
                          I wanted them to pursue The Brow and bring him TO but there really was no chance.
                          I want them to land Giannis in 2021 but realistically, if the Masai magic didn't work with Kawhi, there is no chance.

Giannis is likely similar to most other NBA players at this time. They want another superstar or two to team up with. And unless Siakam morphs into that other superstar, I just don't see it and without a superstar, this team is out in the 2nd round imo, treadmill team, whatever.

So my hot take is that if we could blow it up and trade Kyle, Serge and Gasol for up and coming talent and high picks, I'd do it. But realistically, you're not getting much in return for them and MLSE will want to milk the goodwill from last seaosn into more $$$ this year and finish 2-5 in the division.

So thank you Kawhi for all you did, never forget you man. But the Raps franchise is actually set back a step in terms of FA attraction going forward; if he wouldn't stay after all this, who would? And unfortunately, the ring ceremony will ring a bit hollow now.

Hot take over for now.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            This hurts, and leaving for LA was the weak choice, but we knew what we were getting into.

Can't wait to watch Masai respond. Can't wait to watch this team play next year - they'll have the biggest chip on their shoulders in sports history.
                            Kinda disagree. I can see Kyle, Gasol and Serge not giving max effort for some reason. They ran on adrenaline and that just signed in LA

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                              Just write this down, those players are not running after titles or loyality, it is all about money. I am totally satisfied that we did not fall in Kawhi trap. Congratulation Massai and this is time to build around Siakam.
                              On the other hand, thanks Kawhi, we can not ask you for more than you did.
                              Money and Kawhi trap?

so you're suggesting we didn't offer him max given we could give him the best deal possible and offering him the max would have been a trap?

Comment

• Also, so much for all the "insiders" saying it was down to the Lakers and Raptors in the last few days; he was just waiting on the Clippers to land Paul George. Jalen Rose looks the worst of all. The wait screwed the Lakers but it kept us from making potential moves as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X