• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    Wow. OKC was willing to give us PG and Russ for Siakam and more. Lol
    I can see why Masai balked.

Props to Masai for that.
    Why?

You think Pascal will be as good as Paul George one day?

Comment

• Kawhi now making as much as ...... Kyle Lowry .....

Comment

• Masai should get SGA to TO.
        He will just rot in OKC alongside Russ.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Why?

Its the Westbrook part. Don’t want him. Masai probably tried a Siakam + assets for PG. Presti probably asked for more for PG and WB. Can’t beat 5 draft picks if you’re looking to rebuild.

Comment

Why?

Can even be better
            And Russ is a cancer.
            Last edited by Kagemusha; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Why?

PG is 29 years old, so in 2-3 years this could be in the case.

Comment

No.
                But Russ is cancer.
                Got it.

I'm not a fan of Westbrook or Harden or guys like Cousins. But I'd still like to see some elite players in Toronto some day (again) .... and i'm afraid it might be a long time (again).

Now the hopes rest on re-signing Siakam and getting out from under Kyle, Serge and Gasol's contracts and signing Giannis and another elite player. Very tall order just to say "in Masai we trust"
                Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

PG is 29 years old, so in 2-3 years this could be in the case.
                  That's what the Raps sold to fans for so many years....hope this player turns out, maybe this guy in the draft, a free agent may choosse us one day. Maybe our FA players will actually stay. Now we have a taste, I don't want to go back.

You have great players in GSW, Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, Philly, even Dallas and Brooklyn. Maybe we have to be more like Utah or the Blazers and build a team instead of building around a few stars.

Who is our great player(s) to truly compete now?
                  HOPE and TRUST?

Comment

• I may have made that trade if it was offered but it water under the bridge. Time to build a fun team around Siakam and OG.

Since there is so much parody in the league or expiring should give us good return.

Comment

Maybe we have to be more like Utah or the Blazers and build a team instead of building around a few stars.
                      Raptors are like Utah & SA. Draft well and have high character defense first mentality on the team. Than finding & pouncing on opportunities to compete for a championship. Utah is always close to winning even if they didnt thus far.
                      Raptors had the core & found their opportunity by trading for Kawhi & won.

Raptors will always have difficulty in attracting top American players to come via free agency but I see hope with the emerging Canadian & African talent market that could make the Raptors a top destination in the near future.

Comment

Raptors are like Utah & SA. Draft well and have high character defense first mentality on the team. Than finding & pouncing on opportunities to compete for a championship. Utah is always close to winning even if they didnt thus far.

Raptors will always have difficulty in attracting top American players to come via free agency but I see hope with the emerging Canadian & African talent market that could make the Raptors a top destination in the near future.
                        This.

Comment

Our hope rests in drafting.
                          let's get our own Giannis and Luka through draft and development

Comment

• I'm disappointed but not too much. He was a hired gun. He painted the town red and slayed our enemies. He never cared to be here, did nothing in the community and was unapproachable. He was a mercenary. Our thanks was paying him and rehabilitating him and his reputation. He owes us nothing. We owe him nothing.

Clippers and their 19 fans will now deal with him. Don't care.

The world champion Raps are first class. They will be fine.

Comment

Our hope rests in drafting.
                              let's get our own Giannis and Luka through draft and development
                              Matt Thomas and Pascal Siakam already in line

Comment

• dylan123 wrote: View Post

Money and Kawhi trap?

so you're suggesting we didn't offer him max given we could give him the best deal possible and offering him the max would have been a trap?
                                The problem is not offering him or not offering him the max, the problem for those players is the tax in Canada and life is cheaper in USA. It is a set of factors but it all goes down to one word : money.

Let us wait and see how he will behave in LAC, I expect the same Spurs scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X