• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    started a topic Everything Kawhi Leonard

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Wow. Thoughts?
    The Toronto Raptors are finalizing a deal to acquire San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard in a trade package that includes All-Star DeMar DeRozan, league sources told ESPN.
    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/spurs...demar-derozan/

• Apollo
    replied
    We got the chip. I'm happy as can be.

Leave a comment:

• suspenders
    replied
    Meh... I think after seeing this I now feel a bit crappier about Leonard leaving.

Oh well.

Last edited by suspenders; Wed Jul 24th, 2019, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsVictim
    replied
    Quirk wrote: View Post
    Haven't seen anybody talk about the fact that Leonard and George play the same position, and neither seems to spend much time at the 4 or 2, also George has always been a very good player, but never a superstar level player prior to playing with Westbrook, also injuries.
    Leonard is going have to carry a big load and play out of position a lot. It could work out great, or it could work out very badly.

Not only that, but Clippers might undergo the same agony Spurs underwent.

Leave a comment:

• Quirk
    replied

Haven't seen anybody talk about the fact that Leonard and George play the same position, and neither seems to spend much time at the 4 or 2, also George has always been a very good player, but never a superstar level player prior to playing with Westbrook, also injuries.

Leonard is going have to carry a big load and play out of position a lot. It could work out great, or it could work out very badly.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I loved The Littlest Hobo! That dog had way more personality than Leonard.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    haha... the mods here adhere to strict regulations ... like a funeral parlour ... bury the bodies fast. No exceptions even for the most revered.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Was looking for this thread and didn't realize he'd been BANISHED!

A HA HA HA HA

Thanks for the chip, grateful forever and all, but enjoy life in the wasteland of LET'S NBA. Succcccckkkaaaaaaaaa

I was gonna post was in surprise that in the end, Kawhi didn't do the long term deal everyone was projecting either. He did a 2+1. Which means, per Bobby Marks, he's left a total of $118 million dollars on the table so far. (That said this sets him up for the 10 year vet max) Even having walked out on all that money, he'll still stand to have made over $350 million by the end of his *next* contract.

At that point, what's a hundred million, this way or that?

Anyway, I'm never coming to LET'S NBA again, so goodbye forever. (And you thought Toronto was Siberia )

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Kash_ville wrote: View Post

How are George and Leonard gonna co exist?
    Just finished watching BBall Breakdown,
    Clips will be scary next season.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    How long til this is merged into the "Toronto Raptors Alumni who are still playing" thread?
    I think it should get moved to the wasteland of Let's NBA like all our other ex-players were summarily removed.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Kash_ville wrote: View Post

I don't think either one are known for particularly big egos and everyone else will defer to them there anyways. Both will play some minutes with the bench too likely. I don't see any problem whatsoever unfortunately, not like it would have been with the Lakers

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Easily! Both can do it on all levels and are great defensively. It’s an awesome pairing.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Noone's gonna argue for this to stay in the everything raps thread over sentimentality?

Leave a comment:

• Kash_ville
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

No guarantees in the NBA. You just plan for the best and hope for good health

Leave a comment:

Working...
X