Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Puffer wrote: View Post
    I hope the last couple of preseason games and the season opener have quieted down the initial concerns about Green. I would say he comes at least as good as advertised and maybe better. I'm imagining him playing 40+ games in after fully integrating himself into the team..... All Good.
    He's certainly looked great so far. Gotta see it keep up though before being confident that he's having a bounce back season.

    It is also a contract year for him, so that never hurts when you're hoping a guy will play his best.

    Comment


    • Puffer wrote: View Post
      I hope the last couple of preseason games and the season opener have quieted down the initial concerns about Green. I would say he comes at least as good as advertised and maybe better. I'm imagining him playing 40+ games in after fully integrating himself into the team..... All Good.
      Well it didn't take forty games. Masai should be charged with Grand Theft Automatic Sixth Man of the Year Larceny for getting Green tossed into that package.

      Comment


      • Puffer wrote: View Post
        Well it didn't take forty games. Masai should be charged with Grand Theft Automatic Sixth Man of the Year Larceny for getting Green tossed into that package.
        So much bounce in his step right now, he looks great
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • I love this dude. I mentioned it in the thread last night -- we've never had a player like this before. A true 3D player.

          Comment


          • Fury wrote: View Post
            I love this dude. I mentioned it in the thread last night -- we've never had a player like this before. A true 3D player.
            With all the things you mention, it's hard to not be right at least some of the time.

            Comment


            • I'm in San Antonio, gotta comment about Danny. His nickname is Icy Hot. There are nights he'll be Hot and give you 4/5 on 3s, but other nights he'll go 0/5. Don't get too down on him after Icy games, that's just how he is. Whether shots are falling or not he'll give you everything he's got on defense, and he's consistently good at D. He also communicates well on the court. As far as being a good team mate, I don't recall any other player ever saying a bad word about him.

              Oh, and your local media should like him. When I'm not able to watch Spurs games I listen to them on radio, and Danny has been a frequent guest, almost a fixture, on the pregame and postgame shows. So if your media up there wants a player to say a few words, Danny will do it, and they should appreciate that.

              I miss Danny with the Spurs. [sad face]

              Comment


              • I thought Danny was totally washed after I saw him play in Vancouver but luckily I was wrong because he has been really good since that game. If we can get this Danny Green in the playoffs it will be a game changer.

                Comment


                • TacoBreath wrote: View Post
                  I'm in San Antonio, gotta comment about Danny. His nickname is Icy Hot. There are nights he'll be Hot and give you 4/5 on 3s, but other nights he'll go 0/5. Don't get too down on him after Icy games, that's just how he is. Whether shots are falling or not he'll give you everything he's got on defense, and he's consistently good at D. He also communicates well on the court. As far as being a good team mate, I don't recall any other player ever saying a bad word about him.

                  Oh, and your local media should like him. When I'm not able to watch Spurs games I listen to them on radio, and Danny has been a frequent guest, almost a fixture, on the pregame and postgame shows. So if your media up there wants a player to say a few words, Danny will do it, and they should appreciate that.

                  I miss Danny with the Spurs. [sad face]
                  Hop on the Raptors bandwagon.

                  Comment


                  • To be fair I think the hot/cold perception goes for any role player with limited # of shots. It's just how averages work. You don't necessarily shoot 3/5 every game, you go 1/5 one game and 5/5 another game.

                    Patterson used to catch flak for the same reason.

                    Key are the defence being there every night and that a guy like DG commands attention, he will help space the floor every night. There's a reason Ibaka, Siakam, etc. were able to drive the ball from the top of the perimeter all the way to the hoop last night on several occasions. The key was consistently wide open.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                    Comment


                    • octothorp wrote: View Post
                      I thought Green played some of the best defense on Korver that we've seen by a Raptor in recent years. I believe Korver's lone field goal was literally the next play after Green went to the bench.
                      Because if DeRozan was "trying" to defend Korver on Wednesday, he would have already scored 20 points in a qtr already

                      Comment


                      • Fuffering through Terrence Ross, DeMarre Carroll, and all the way back to Joe Graham was worth it.

                        Comment


                        • Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          Fuffering through Terrence Ross, DeMarre Carroll, and all the way back to Joe Graham was worth it.
                          Green & Kawhi are the throwback to Mo Pete & VC days.

                          Comment


                          • Rasual Butler though..

                            Comment


                            • Danny Green is killing it. Poor San Antonio.

                              Comment


                              • Jangles wrote: View Post
                                Rasual Butler though..
                                Salmons....
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X