X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I can see why he's a fan fav in San Antonio. Just by watching his press conference the other day, he's just a likeable dude.
    Yet, in his latest podcast, he complained about Canadian taxes, cold weather, and wait times at customs

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I can see why he's a fan fav in San Antonio. Just by watching his press conference the other day, he's just a likeable dude.
    You can tell based on his work ethic. He got traded and in the same off season, met up with some of the young guys for workout sessions.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, he's slowed down for sure, he's not the all-world defender he once was. He's still a rock solid defender, and his shot is still in that 36-37% range the past couple seasons.

Where he's really dropped off is the other bits of his game - finishing at the rim, attacking off the dribble, where he was never great but was functional. Of course, those are the bits we need the least (and the most likely to have been affected by his health) so I'm not too concerned.
    Yes, its very likely Green will be used like CJ Miles was last season (will likely score less) but with better defence.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Danny Green has slowed down the last 2 seasons, part injury & part age. Lets hope he is healthy this season and his defence/3 pointer are still going strong.
    Yeah, he's slowed down for sure, he's not the all-world defender he once was. He's still a rock solid defender, and his shot is still in that 36-37% range the past couple seasons.

Where he's really dropped off is the other bits of his game - finishing at the rim, attacking off the dribble, where he was never great but was functional. Of course, those are the bits we need the least (and the most likely to have been affected by his health) so I'm not too concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    If we had Danny Green instead of Derozan vs Cavs, we would probably win 1 game last year in that series.
    Danny Green has slowed down the last 2 seasons, part injury & part age. Lets hope he is healthy this season and his defence/3 pointer are still going strong.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Terrence jones for jv..

Most of christianL jv trade targets are playing in China or the g league
    HAHAHHAHA. gold.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    If we had Danny Green instead of Derozan vs Cavs, we would probably win 1 game last year in that series.
    Two games, I'd bet. Came within a hair twice as it was.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    Freakiest laugh Masai or Kwai?
    There should be a meshup with the two laughs together. I would die laughing.

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    Freakiest laugh Masai or Kwai?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Not to get technical, but the intent (at least for me) was that the Raptors needed to get better defensively, and with DeRozan eating up heavy minutes, that was never going to happen.
    Yes, and they did by finally getting Danny green. And the best perimeter defender in the world.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Years ago there was a large contingent of us here that wanted us to let Demar walk and sign Green as his replacement at a much cheaper price with way better defense. Glad we didn't do that though, since we turned Demar into both Green and Kawhi.
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    This post should serve as a reminder that everybody on this board would have fucked this team up a long time ago. The Demar Derozan "saga" ended in him turning into a top 25 NBA player and getting us Kawhi freaking Leonard. How many times were we supposed to tank? Trade him for a shitty pick? Trade him for Danny Green? Let him walk in free agency?

Yeah..
    Not to get technical, but the intent (at least for me) was that the Raptors needed to get better defensively, and with DeRozan eating up heavy minutes, that was never going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Not sure if it was here but I remember a lot of people wanted to trade DeMar to the Kings during the 2014 draft to take Stauskas
    There is a tendency to grossly over-value Canadian players. Some were actually excited when Raps picked up Bennett on the cheap. Others were pissed Brady Heslip never made the roster.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The tweet kept looping for me and masais laugh got creepy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X