Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    Raptors are just gonna grind some teams so hard on defence this season. There will be no giving up big leads like in the past. I wonder what the point differential in wins will be?

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    My guess is that they will start with:
    Lowry, Green, Kawhi, OG and JV

With Delon, Siakam and Ibaka the first group to be used to replace spots 1,2, 4, & 5.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    The advantage to OG off the bench is you can have either Kawhi or OG (or both) on the court for 48 guarding the best offensive player. Also staggers green and miles who are a little bit redundant.

Lowry green Kawhi to fvv miles OG is so similar it's crazy lol
    Also if they want to go small but with length they could play Delon, Green, OG, Kawhi, and Siakam.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Why don't they start Lowry, OG, Kawhi, Ibaka, JV

How about finish with KL/DG//KL/OG/JV. Great defense. Could even use Ibaka for JV for defensive purposes.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    We'll probably see Lowry playing the 2 as well, sharing minutes with Freddy.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post

The advantage to OG off the bench is you can have either Kawhi or OG (or both) on the court for 48 guarding the best offensive player. Also staggers green and miles who are a little bit redundant.

Lowry green Kawhi to fvv miles OG is so similar it's crazy lol

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    We essentially got CJ Miles with the solid defence. That's great.

CJ Miles without the liability on D.
    CJ can get comfortable on bench come playoff time.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I think so. A lot of people think OG but they're not gonna start Serge or JV on the bench and they're NOT gonna start Kawhi in anything but his comfort zone of the 3 hole. Therefore..

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Is Green the projected starting SG?
    I think so. A lot of people think OG but they're not gonna start Serge or JV on the bench and they're NOT gonna start Kawhi in anything but his comfort zone of the 3 hole. Therefore..

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Is Green the projected starting SG?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Would still try to see if David West wants to come here. He's a pro, and may be helpful if we need a voice in the locker room during tough times.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Ed Davis would have been a great backup big for us if he hadn't already signed with the Nets.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    That would be a really nice pickup for backup C. He's still playing great in limited minutes and that's all we need him for. His per 36 numbers are still peak Al Jefferson.
    Perhaps the tricky part of an Al Jefferson signing with the Raptors is that the bench plays an up tempo style of play - not sure that fits with Al

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Not a bad suggestion.

For the first time probably ever, we have the luxury of too many wings. We could even trade Green and I wouldn't be upset since we still have more than enough guys to soak up SG minutes.
    Honestly this seems like an issue Masai should assess mid-season. Maybe sign a guy for the minimum, but I'd rather have the wing depth till I know what I have mid-way through the year.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Fyi Al Jeffreson was already waived by Indiana.
    That would be a really nice pickup for backup C. He's still playing great in limited minutes and that's all we need him for. His per 36 numbers are still peak Al Jefferson.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X