X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, there's a bunch of options out there that Norm would fit if teams want to take a shot with him.

Dedmon (1 yr), Henson (2 yrs), Zach Randolph (1 yr), Al Jefferson (1 yr), Dwight Powell (2 yr PO), Koufos (1 yr)...
    Fyi Al Jeffreson was already waived by Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I sense we have too many guards and wings, but not enough bigs.

Lowry, Fred, Wright, Kawhi, OG, Green, Miles, Powell.. that's 8 guys in our rotation that can't play center or PF (I guess OG can play some 4 but that's not ideal).

So it's going to be hard for us to split minutes. I could see us upgrading one of our wings/guards (or packaging them together) for an upgrade at the 4 or 5.

Miles seems to be the odd one out from a wing perspective.
    Except for FVV and Lowry, all can play the forward slot and except for OG all can play guard. Team is deeper now then when there were surplus C

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I'd hit up the Hawks about Dedmon. Maybe they like Powell's potential. 7.2M expiring, very good defensively.
    Yeah, there's a bunch of options out there that Norm would fit if teams want to take a shot with him.

Dedmon (1 yr), Henson (2 yrs), Zach Randolph (1 yr), Al Jefferson (1 yr), Dwight Powell (2 yr PO), Koufos (1 yr)...

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Not a bad suggestion.

For the first time probably ever, we have the luxury of too many wings. We could even trade Green and I wouldn't be upset since we still have more than enough guys to soak up SG minutes.
    All 2-way wings too except Miles, even Norm if he can get his act together again.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Yeah, any swap for a big would ideally be Norm, or failing that, Miles.
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I'd hit up the Hawks about Dedmon. Maybe they like Powell's potential. 7.2M expiring, very good defensively.
    Not a bad suggestion.

For the first time probably ever, we have the luxury of too many wings. We could even trade Green and I wouldn't be upset since we still have more than enough guys to soak up SG minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    No way do I trade Green for another big. The guy made 2nd team all-defense in 2016-17 and is a nearly 40% shooter from 3 for his career, though he's fallen off a little shootingwise the last couple years.

Much rather use the taxpayer MLE or deal Norm if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    This is too soon: But Green is almost a better fit than Derozan for this team come playoff time.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Right now the bigs we have are JV, Serge and Siakam.

That's really thin.. if JV or Serge go down we'll be hurting. And we can't rely on Bebe all year long (assuming he's even an option). I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we could get a vet big to help round out that rotation.

If that means trading Green or Miles to get them than I'd do it.
    No way do I trade Green for another big. The guy made 2nd team all-defense in 2016-17 and is a nearly 40% shooter from 3 for his career, though he's fallen off a little shootingwise the last couple years.

Much rather use the taxpayer MLE or deal Norm if possible.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yeah, it would be good to add a backup C.

I proposed on twitter that we should offer Norm for John Henson, since the Bucks look like they don't want to commit long term big money to Middleton and just got Lopez to play at C in front of Henson.
    Yeah I like that.. Henson has 2 years on his deal at similar value to Norm. So would match our Window that Masai set.

I know the Bucks got Brook, but I'm sure they'd prefer to have some depth there. So I doubt they would do it.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

That's really thin.. if JV or Serge go down we'll be hurting. And we can't rely on Bebe all year long (assuming he's even an option). I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we could get a vet big to help round out that rotation.

Yeah, it would be good to add a backup C.

I proposed on twitter that we should offer Norm for John Henson, since the Bucks look like they don't want to commit long term big money to Middleton and just got Lopez to play at C in front of Henson.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    I sense we have too many guards and wings, but not enough bigs.

Lowry, Fred, Wright, Kawhi, OG, Green, Miles, Powell.. that's 8 guys in our rotation that can't play center or PF (I guess OG can play some 4 but that's not ideal).

So it's going to be hard for us to split minutes. I could see us upgrading one of our wings/guards (or packaging them together) for an upgrade at the 4 or 5.

Miles seems to be the odd one out from a wing perspective.
    Modern NBA. OG and Kawhi can definitely play the 4.

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    replied

Amar'e Stoudemire is looking for a team

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    replied
    Tyson Chandler for Powell and Miles I would do but dont think Suns want to take on cap.

We do need another big

Leave a comment:

Working...
X