Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • https://twitter.com/GreenRoomInside/...669188608?s=20

    Danny Green's farewell announcement

    Comment


    • Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Green can suck it. He wanted Kawhi, not Toronto.... Enemy now.
      He wanted to get paid reasonably and have a chance to win. What's wrong with that?

      He could have had that in Toronto if Kawhi had stayed (bird rights), but the raptors likely weren't interested in paying him without Kawhi so he got what he wanted with the lakers. The Mavs were probably his final backup plan to get a good contract.

      Good on him to secure a good deal still. I have no ill will toward him.

      That said, fuck the lakers and the clippers so I hope he loses lots lol.

      Comment


      • You could see in his farewell vid that he really wanted to come back here with Kawhi.
        But going to the most hated team in the league (for me)
        No "good luck" to you Danny but you get paid.

        Comment


        • Happy for Danny, he's a really good dude. Thankful for last season and I wish him the best in the future.

          Comment


          • Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Green can suck it. He wanted Kawhi, not Toronto.... Enemy now.
            I doubt Toronto had any interest in Green after Leonard left given those dollars.

            Comment


            • The way some people are getting on is ridiculous. It's a fucking game and these guys gave you something special. Ungrateful.

              Comment


              • Apollo wrote: View Post
                The way some people are getting on is ridiculous. It's a fucking game and these guys gave you something special. Ungrateful.
                Hardcore fans invest a lot of resources in their teams. When something like this happens they take it personally. It’s not just business to fans. I get why people are mad at Leonard.

                Personally, I never really cared for the guy’s character or the load management bullshit and viewed him as a mercenary, so it doesn’t hit me the same. But a lot of people, including lots of young fans, gave him their hearts. It hurts when you find out he never even cared let alone felt the same. Nothing wrong with venting, fans owe him nothing.

                Comment


                • I was all in and invested. What I'm saying is think about what they did for the fans. Leaving is part of the business, part of the sport. This decision is to do with them not us.

                  Almost 23k posts. I would class myself as hardcore. I don't think this has to do with the level of fandom.

                  Comment


                  • Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I was all in and invested. What I'm saying is think about what they did for the fans. Leaving is part of the business, part of the sport. This decision is to do with them not us.

                    Almost 23k posts. I would class myself as hardcore. I don't think this has to do with the level of fandom.
                    Not everyone has such a measured perspective.

                    Mine is slighlty different. I cheer for the team not the player. I celebrate my team and its accomplishments, buy tickets, merchandise, etc. of my team. When a guy leaves any obligation I had to him as a fan ends. I appreciate and respect what my team did but now these are just guys. Very few players rise above that. Kawhi will not be one. If fans want to crap on him and boo him I couldn’t care less. Our deal with him as fans is over. Remember, this guy doesn’t give a shit about you, why do you feel an obligation to him?

                    Comment


                    • Danny was awesome, he really embraced being here, sad to see him go!

                      Comment


                      • slaw wrote: View Post

                        Not everyone has such a measured perspective.

                        Mine is slighlty different. I cheer for the team not the player. I celebrate my team and its accomplishments, buy tickets, merchandise, etc. of my team. When a guy leaves any obligation I had to him as a fan ends. I appreciate and respect what my team did but now these are just guys. Very few players rise above that. Kawhi will not be one. If fans want to crap on him and boo him I couldn’t care less. Our deal with him as fans is over. Remember, this guy doesn’t give a shit about you, why do you feel an obligation to him?
                        I don't feel any obligation to either of them. I do understand the magnitude of what they accomplished here though. I've been a fan since the beginning, I know the road here well. I wonder how long those taking this hard have been around. They delivered and they owe the team nothing. We owe them nothing but to bitch and moan about them leaving and to take it personally is just an attack against one's self. They didn't do anything wrong by leaving. They didn't ask to be here but they left it all on the court and delivered on of the most memorable NBA title runs of all time. It was electric. It was magic. It was what we were all waiting for... Some of us for 24 YEARS. They never said a bad thing about Toronto. They didn't leave like Mighty Mouse or Davis or Tmac or Carter or Lamond Murray or any of those other guys who shit on the place or tried to burn it down on that way. They were two of there most professional players the team has seen, two of the hardest workers and two of the most productive. Much thanks to them.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X