Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Kawhi is one of the best PnR players in the NBA. JV will start and the two of them will feast on it.

    Comment


    • #77
      Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Lowry/Green/Kawhi/OG/Ibaka.

      Fvv/Wright/CJ/pskill/JV


      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Haters gonna hate. :-)

      Comment


      • #78
        Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Lowry/Green/Kawhi/OG/Ibaka.

        Fvv/Wright/CJ/pskill/JV


        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        You've just joined the tenftw club. Congrats on reaching the level of beyond unrational.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

        Comment


        • #79
          I actually see Fred closing. I think the two PG line up was one of Nurse's ideas that Casey adopted. And we've seen Fred closing.. remember that steal (on Paul) and pass to Siakam against Houston last year? He's a closer.

          So I think the closing line up would be Fred, Lowry, Kawhi, Siakam (or Serge if he's had 2+ days rest) and JV.

          I don't see OG or Green closing. Unless we want one of them at PF for the corner 3. If that's the case probably Green over OG but it's a roll of the die. Can't go wrong with either choice.

          Man we have so many options.

          Comment


          • #80
            Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Lowry/Green/Kawhi/OG/Ibaka.

            Fvv/Wright/CJ/pskill/JV


            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            *hears Nurse talk excitedly about using JV*

            "Yes, so this means Serge will start obviously no questions asked."

            Comment


            • #81
              planetmars wrote: View Post
              I actually see Fred closing. I think the two PG line up was one of Nurse's ideas that Casey adopted. And we've seen Fred closing.. remember that steal (on Paul) and pass to Siakam against Houston last year? He's a closer.

              So I think the closing line up would be Fred, Lowry, Kawhi, Siakam (or Serge if he's had 2+ days rest) and JV.

              I don't see OG or Green closing. Unless we want one of them at PF for the corner 3. If that's the case probably Green over OG but it's a roll of the die. Can't go wrong with either choice.

              Man we have so many options.
              I don't see Nurse using a specific closing lineup with this team. Essentially the two guys who will be on 100% are Kyle and Kawhi - everyone else can fit in around them depending on the matchups.

              Comment


              • #82
                Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                I don't see Nurse using a specific closing lineup with this team. Essentially the two guys who will be on 100% are Kyle and Kawhi - everyone else can fit in around them depending on the matchups.
                This is true. But the ideal closing lineup IMO is Lowry-FVV-Kawhi-OG-JV. Boards, screens, scoring, shooting, defence. Well balanced on both ends. A little small at guard but it's worked wonders before. And with OG and Kawhi able to guard 4 positions, can put Lowry and FVV on the least challenging perimeter opponents - not that either really need to be hidden.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • #83
                  DanH wrote: View Post
                  This is true. But the ideal closing lineup IMO is Lowry-FVV-Kawhi-OG-JV. Boards, screens, scoring, shooting, defence. Well balanced on both ends. A little small at guard but it's worked wonders before. And with OG and Kawhi able to guard 4 positions, can put Lowry and FVV on the least challenging perimeter opponents - not that either really need to be hidden.
                  This lineup is so damn exciting.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    DanH wrote: View Post
                    This is true. But the ideal closing lineup IMO is Lowry-FVV-Kawhi-OG-JV. Boards, screens, scoring, shooting, defence. Well balanced on both ends. A little small at guard but it's worked wonders before. And with OG and Kawhi able to guard 4 positions, can put Lowry and FVV on the least challenging perimeter opponents - not that either really need to be hidden.
                    If they want to keep a very similar look and are worried about size, they can use Wright instead of FVV if his matchup is a real concern.

                    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      DanH wrote: View Post
                      This is true. But the ideal closing lineup IMO is Lowry-FVV-Kawhi-OG-JV. Boards, screens, scoring, shooting, defence. Well balanced on both ends. A little small at guard but it's worked wonders before. And with OG and Kawhi able to guard 4 positions, can put Lowry and FVV on the least challenging perimeter opponents - not that either really need to be hidden.
                      I don't know, maybe it is the ideal closing lineup; but I just doubt Nurse is as stubborn about closing with a certain lineup. He's said he's gonna experiment, I expect he'll be doing some wacky things and figuring out as many closing lineups as possible rather than running with just one.

                      In the playoffs, sure, maybe that gets the most run to close games out - but with all the experimentation, maybe Nurse'll will also turn to other lineups that did well in crunchtime.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        How 'bout my man Alfonzo "the closer" Brown that just signed? If Casey was still around, he'd go Lowry-FVV-Wright-Brown-Ibaka for closing, you know, need that ball handling
                        ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Report all summer are that raps have not been happy with Ibaka/JV froncourt. Somethings got to give. Dont think they will put Ibaka 20+ mil contract on the bench.
                          So they will put Jonas $17 million dollars on the bench?! The difference is that Jonas in that salary + age has more value then Ibaka in his salary +age (+4). Nurse also said that the lineup he will use throughout the year will be the lineup that would work best in the playoffs even if it costs them some games. Therefore what worked in the playoffs was Jonas with the ball in his hands while Ibaka was a complete disaster.

                          Ibaka ended up working better from the bench and I suspect him and Nurse would butt heads throughout the year (I do recall Ibaka was suspended last season due to his conduct so expect more of that).

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            How 'bout my man Alfonzo "the closer" Brown that just signed? If Casey was still around, he'd go Lowry-FVV-Wright-Brown-Ibaka for closing, you know, need that ball handling
                            Lorenzo Brown...

                            Really hoping he doesn't make the cut out of training camp. Just can't stand him. Now that Delon is still here after the Leonard trade, we have plenty of guard depth - bring on Loyd and Boucher on 2-ways for insurance at the extreme ends of the lineup, and give minimum deals to Bebe and Rawle Alkins.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              DanH wrote: View Post
                              Lorenzo Brown...

                              Really hoping he doesn't make the cut out of training camp. Just can't stand him. Now that Delon is still here after the Leonard trade, we have plenty of guard depth - bring on Loyd and Boucher on 2-ways for insurance at the extreme ends of the lineup, and give minimum deals to Bebe and Rawle Alkins.
                              I really don't like Bebe. I really hope we find a better option.

                              Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Depends how Delon improves but he could be a good starter. His three point shooting has improved, he is a good slasher and distributor, and defender.

                                So JV/Serg/Siakam
                                OG/Siakam/Serg
                                Kawhi/OG/Miles/Norm
                                Delon/Danny/FVV/Norm
                                Kyle/FVV/Delon

                                That's if Delon comes back shooting slightly better. I agree we need another big for insurance purposes, but that should be our rotation. Basically a tight 9 man rotation with Serg predominately playing the 5. or we can try to showcase him at the beginning.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X