Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The comments on this link are already ridiculous. People claiming Masai needs to apologize, lol.

People loving DeRozan more than the Raptors.
    Chr1s1an burner accounts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Chr1s1an burner accounts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

The comments on this link are already ridiculous. People claiming Masai needs to apologize, lol.

People loving DeRozan more than the Raptors.
        Yep it's actually kind of weird. Reddit is full of a bunch of whiny college kids literally crying and begging Derozan for forgiveness.

The guy is going to play for Gregg Popovich for 2 million dollars a pay cheque. I mean on the list of sad things in the world it's not near my top 10
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm probably reading too much into this, but given the circumstances, this doesn't feel like a good sign.
          Maybe it is a good sign, they can explore the city... Kawhi can start to figure out what living here will feel like.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Yep it's actually kind of weird. Reddit is full of a bunch of whiny college kids literally crying and begging Derozan for forgiveness.

The guy is going to play for Gregg Popovich for 2 million dollars a pay cheque. I mean on the list of sad things in the world it's not near my top 10
            Ya, I really don't get it.

Sigh....I hate people.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
              Maybe it is a good sign, they can explore the city... Kawhi can start to figure out what living here will feel like.
              I think its a great sign that he's here this quickly. How's the weather in the T Dot today? Hopefully he can get out and enjoy himself

Comment

Ya, I really don't get it.

Sigh....I hate people.
                Thing is, where are those people that trashed him and called for his head on twitter and reddit after every bad game the last 7 years? People would have shipped him out for Danny Green alone a few years ago lol. If anyone would have suggested Derozan for Kawhi Leonard they'd go "hahhaha Kawhi Leonard is actually good at basketball idiot"

and now it's like nooooo fire masai what a dirtbag organization

Comment

• I appreciate already Danny Green for his willingness to help Kawhi transition

Comment

• Looking at the stats. I would've traded Demar for Green in the playoffs.

Comment

I think its a great sign that he's here this quickly. How's the weather in the T Dot today? Hopefully he can get out and enjoy himself
                      Very good. Thank god it won’t be crazy hot, for a little while anyway.

Comment

Thing is, where are those people that trashed him and called for his head on twitter and reddit after every bad game the last 7 years? People would have shipped him out for Danny Green alone a few years ago lol. If anyone would have suggested Derozan for Kawhi Leonard they'd go "hahhaha Kawhi Leonard is actually good at basketball idiot"

and now it's like nooooo fire masai what a dirtbag organization
                        The fans are fickle. All will be forgotten when Kawai hits the court and starts clowning people. It will swing back the other way... Demar who... which also isn't right.

Comment

• Danny Green on trade to Raptors: ‘We have a chance to do something special’

Sonny Sachdeva | @sachdevasonny
                          July 20, 2018, 11:39 AM
                          The Toronto Raptors‘ Kawhi Leonard era will officially begin this week, when the elusive star is set to make his first appearance in his new city for team physicals.

But the generational phenom, who’s been the talk of the NBA for the past 48 hours, won’t come alone. The deal that sent DeMar DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl to Texas brings in Leonard and longtime Spur Danny Green, one of the longest-tenured names on San Antonio’s roster up until Wednesday’s blockbuster.

Green’s near-decade-long commitment to the Spurs is well-established, perhaps rivalling even DeRozan’s love of Toronto. Undrafted, cut twice, the veteran eventually found his way, becoming a Spurs staple. Just last month, Green passed up the chance to test free agency, exercising his $10-million option to stay in San Antonio. Now that’s simply a footnote on his career timeline, with a significant change upcoming.

But the 31-year-old appears to harbour no ill will towards the organization he fought to cling to.

“Change can be good,” Green said Thursday to the San Antonio Express-News‘ Jeff McDonald. “I’m not mad at all. I understand the business side of it. I understand what (the Spurs) had to do.”

For their part, it seems San Antonio wasn’t exactly thrilled to part with Green.

“It was tough, because he has come such a long way. You know, we cut him twice, and over the years he turned into Danny Green,” head coach Gregg Popovich said of the deal. “In trades, money has to match to a certain degree and that limits you to certain players that have to be included. In this case, that fell upon Danny.”

There’s bound to be a bit of tension for the San Antonio duo heading north together, with the relationship between Leonard and the Spurs — initially a promising match — descending into enough toxicity to force the organization to ship their all-world star out of town. And Green along with him, just to make the numbers work.

Green said he’s still not exactly clear on how it got to this point.

“It was an awkward situation,” he said. “His decision, I still don’t know exactly what happened.”

Regardless, he’s confident Leonard and the Raptors can find success together in this next chapter of both parties’ history.

“Despite the (Leonard) rumours, basketball is basketball,” Green told McDonald. “There’s going to be a magnifying glass on him now. He’s going to be expected to do great things. I’m going to do all I can to help.

“We have a chance to do something special up there.”

Comment

• Nice sentiments from/about Green. I hope the forum & fan base get to appreciate Danny Green. Character & basketball a MU type of player great for the Raptors and unfortunately overshadowed in the transaction.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                              Danny Green on trade to Raptors: ‘We have a chance to do something special’

Sonny Sachdeva | @sachdevasonny
                              July 20, 2018, 11:39 AM
                              The Toronto Raptors‘ Kawhi Leonard era will officially begin this week, when the elusive star is set to make his first appearance in his new city for team physicals.

But the generational phenom, who’s been the talk of the NBA for the past 48 hours, won’t come alone. The deal that sent DeMar DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl to Texas brings in Leonard and longtime Spur Danny Green, one of the longest-tenured names on San Antonio’s roster up until Wednesday’s blockbuster.

Green’s near-decade-long commitment to the Spurs is well-established, perhaps rivalling even DeRozan’s love of Toronto. Undrafted, cut twice, the veteran eventually found his way, becoming a Spurs staple. Just last month, Green passed up the chance to test free agency, exercising his $10-million option to stay in San Antonio. Now that’s simply a footnote on his career timeline, with a significant change upcoming.

But the 31-year-old appears to harbour no ill will towards the organization he fought to cling to.

“Change can be good,” Green said Thursday to the San Antonio Express-News‘ Jeff McDonald. “I’m not mad at all. I understand the business side of it. I understand what (the Spurs) had to do.”

For their part, it seems San Antonio wasn’t exactly thrilled to part with Green.

“It was tough, because he has come such a long way. You know, we cut him twice, and over the years he turned into Danny Green,” head coach Gregg Popovich said of the deal. “In trades, money has to match to a certain degree and that limits you to certain players that have to be included. In this case, that fell upon Danny.”

There’s bound to be a bit of tension for the San Antonio duo heading north together, with the relationship between Leonard and the Spurs — initially a promising match — descending into enough toxicity to force the organization to ship their all-world star out of town. And Green along with him, just to make the numbers work.

Green said he’s still not exactly clear on how it got to this point.

“It was an awkward situation,” he said. “His decision, I still don’t know exactly what happened.”

Regardless, he’s confident Leonard and the Raptors can find success together in this next chapter of both parties’ history.

“Despite the (Leonard) rumours, basketball is basketball,” Green told McDonald. “There’s going to be a magnifying glass on him now. He’s going to be expected to do great things. I’m going to do all I can to help.

“We have a chance to do something special up there.”
                              He's got a reputation of being level headed, as I recall. So does Kawhi, over the last 6 years, aside from last season's aberration. Maybe these guys just settle in and perform.

Comment

• http://insidethegreenroomwithdannygr...whi-get-traded

A podcast where Danny Green talks about the trade, the Raptors and so on.

Also mentions Phil Handy, Cavaliers assistant coach is with the Raptors now, haven’t seen any news about it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X