Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well the most obvious thing they need to do is limit his back to backs. I thought that was a big mishandling last season, especially later on. He played in too many meaningless games.

Either way I don't think we can expect any significant difference from last season. We should just hope he doesn't get noticeably worse, and that he doesn't have the same kind of playoff collapse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    And the challenge is, with the roster as currently constructed, you can't give Ibaka a night off - there's only two PF on the roster and really only one proven C.

Hence discussion/speculation that the Raptors aren't done with regards to the frontcourt

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Well the most obvious thing they need to do is limit his back to backs. I thought that was a big mishandling last season, especially later on. He played in too many meaningless games.

Either way I don't think we can expect any significant difference from last season. We should just hope he doesn't get noticeably worse, and that he doesn't have the same kind of playoff collapse.

I think Masai needs to have a chat with Serge and tell him to get TF in shape this off-season. Like, the best shape of his career. Enough of this floozy life BS. Paying a guy 20m to rest on B2Bs is ludicrous. That’s a conditioning issue.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        And the challenge is, with the roster as currently constructed, you can't give Ibaka a night off - there's only two PF on the roster and really only one proven C.

Hence discussion/speculation that the Raptors aren't done with regards to the frontcourt
        I could see him getting nights off where JV and whatever third string C we sign (say Bebe) hold down the C spot and the team goes small at PF while also giving Siakam a good bit of run.

But still, it would seem prudent to have another PF/C on the roster.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          I think Masai needs to have a chat with Serge and tell him to get TF in shape this off-season. Like, the best shape of his career. Enough of this floozy life BS. Paying a guy 20m to rest on B2Bs is ludicrous. That’s a conditioning issue.
          I don't know if it's strictly conditioning. Remember he had to rest games early in the season for knee soreness. He could just be physically deteriorating. That's why people find it so hard to believe his age. He's looked worse for like 3-4 years now, at the age when most players are at their peak. I don't know if it's age, or he just has some physical issues he can't get over or adapt to, but either way I'm not sure it's just conditioning.

He doesn't have to sit in all B2Bs, but late last season in March-April, we had him play in all but one B2B, where many were against bad teams. An ATL-DET one, IND-DAL, ORL-CLE....every single one involves travel too. It was our busiest stretch of schedule on top of it.

Comment

• What's going on there with Ibaka? He's 28 years old! He should be in the prime of his career.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
              What's going on there with Ibaka? He's 28 years old! He should be in the prime of his career.
              He is turning "29" and there has always been "jokes" that since he doesnt have a birth certificate, he might be older then that and might actually be 33 years old ( which kinda makes sense considering his significant decline the last 3 seasons).

Comment

• I wonder what Green's numbers look like this year, after a proper rehab of his injury. Last year he played through the pain pretty regularly. A slight downtick in his shooting %, steals and assists, a slight uptick in his rebounding numbers, but his steals went from 57 to 80. I don't know what to attribute that to.

Not sure what to expect. If his shooting % goes up, that would be a bonus.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  This is too soon: But Green is almost a better fit than Derozan for this team come playoff time.
                  Shot selection and defensively for sure.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    With Ibaka it seems to be time management. He should never play in back to back games. He should never play more than 25 minutes a game unless he has had three days off.
                    This is what I think, too. I feel coming off the bench at this stage in his career is the best move for him. Between 22-26 minutes a game, anchoring that bench defence while spreading the floor at the offensive end. That's a great fit alongside Siakam, Miles, Wright and VanVleet.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• So here is a question. Who, out of the Raptors current rotation, is Green better than. And I'm asking thinking of the rehabbed and rehabilitated Green, not the one with a torn muscle. Where does he land, 1 though 10?

I'd have to rank the current Raptors:
                      1. Kawhi
                      2. Kyle
                      3. Serge
                      4. JV
                      5. VanVleet
                      6. Green
                      7. OG
                      8. Delon
                      9. Miles
                      10.Siakim

But I'm not sure exactly where to slot Siakim. He could come anywhere from right after OG to the 10 spot.

Comment

So here is a question. Who, out of the Raptors current rotation, is Green better than. And I'm asking thinking of the rehabbed and rehabilitated Green, not the one with a torn muscle. Where does he land, 1 though 10?

1. Kawhi
                        2. Kyle
                        3. Serge
                        4. JV
                        5. VanVleet
                        6. Green
                        7. OG
                        8. Delon
                        9. Miles
                        10.Siakim

But I'm not sure exactly where to slot Siakim. He could come anywhere from right after OG to the 10 spot.
                        I don't know where I'd put him but I'm not sure it matters.

Top 4 are:

Kawhi
                        Lowry
                        JV
                        FVV

Assuming FVV turns in the same kind of season leading the bench.

Then 5-10 is unknown but unimportant. If Serge plays 15+ minutes at backup C, there should be minutes for everyone in that top 10. The trick will be finding the right rotations to maximize guys.

And since Pascal, OG and Wright could all show growth of some kind, it makes it hard to guess how things play out. Ibaka could also be important this year since he'll get to play more C and will basically be in a different role that hopefully better suits him. These guys would be my 5-8. I wouldn't put Green or Miles that high. Both could be more important, but probably only if one or more of the other guys are struggling.

Comment

So here is a question. Who, out of the Raptors current rotation, is Green better than. And I'm asking thinking of the rehabbed and rehabilitated Green, not the one with a torn muscle. Where does he land, 1 though 10?

1. Kawhi
                          2. Kyle
                          3. Serge
                          4. JV
                          5. VanVleet
                          6. Green
                          7. OG
                          8. Delon
                          9. Miles
                          10.Siakim

My expectations for this season:
                          1. Kawhi
                          2. Kyle
                          3. JV
                          4. FVV
                          5. OG
                          6. Siakam
                          7. Green
                          8. Delon
                          9. Ibaka
                          10. Miles

Comment

• My expectations for this season:

1. OG

Comment

• i have it like this for next season, with spots 4 through 7 virtually tied, 8 and 9 also pretty much tied, and 10 and 11 being mostly spot/injury/rest minutes:

1) kawhi
                              2) kyle
                              3) JV
                              4) OG
                              5) FVV
                              6) delon
                              7) siakam
                              8) ibaka
                              9) green
                              10) CJ
                              11) norm

Comment

• Yeah, I had my rose colored glasses on thinking of a rested Serge who plays no back to backs and gets fewer minutes a game this season. Even then he should probably fall to 6-7 in terms of importance.

Comment

Working...
                                X