Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Its ok, Bebe is no longer here. We got the Moose instead and he will always be rolling and crashing to the basket.
    More importantly, Casey ain't here. That was the core philosophy of the Ride or Die offense. Switch off your brain and pass it back to Kyle and DeMar. Ibaka got programmed the same way or worse by Scott Brooks, with Westbrook & Durant in OKC, and that's probably why he's got one of the lowest BBIQs on the team.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      More importantly, Casey ain't here. That was the core philosophy of the Ride or Die offense. Switch off your brain and pass it back to Kyle and DeMar. Ibaka got programmed the same way or worse by Scott Brooks, with Westbrook & Durant in OKC, and that's probably why he's got one of the lowest BBIQs on the team.
      Yes that maybe true but we have yet to see Nurse in pressure tight situations and how he deals with it. Every coach (including coach Pop) has a blind spot that can be capitalised by another smart coach.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        He's kind of a forgotten man but he's solid. One of the best 3D guys out there.
        Years ago there was a large contingent of us here that wanted us to let Demar walk and sign Green as his replacement at a much cheaper price with way better defense. Glad we didn't do that though, since we turned Demar into both Green and Kawhi.

Comment

• primer wrote: View Post
          years ago there was a large contingent of us here that wanted us to let demar walk and sign green as his replacement at a much cheaper price with way better defense. Glad we didn't do that though, since we turned Demar & Bargnani into both green and kawhi.
          ftfy

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Years ago there was a large contingent of us here that wanted us to let Demar walk and sign Green as his replacement at a much cheaper price with way better defense. Glad we didn't do that though, since we turned Demar into both Green and Kawhi.
            This post should serve as a reminder that everybody on this board would have fucked this team up a long time ago. The Demar Derozan "saga" ended in him turning into a top 25 NBA player and getting us Kawhi freaking Leonard. How many times were we supposed to tank? Trade him for a shitty pick? Trade him for Danny Green? Let him walk in free agency?

Yeah..
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread.. but Danny Green was one of the best transition defenders in the league (well according to Zach Lowe):
              http://grantland.com/the-triangle/da...ition-defense/

On these Spurs, he’s still mostly a role player, the fifth option in San Antonio’s starting lineup — an elite spot-up guy whose dribble drives can veer into dicey territory. He is a perfectly average NBA wing starter.

Except Green is randomly sensational at one skill-within-a-skill: working as the last line of defense in transition. He is plain old Danny Green 99 percent of the time, but on maybe 50 plays per season, he turns into LeBron James.
              That article was written 4 years ago.. when Green was 27. So not sure if he can still play that role. But having an elite transition defender on the team can really help when we face teams that love to push the pace and run.

Comment

• Just another example of the intangibles that Danny can bring to the team and the whole Kawhi situation. Kawhi is up there on the podium with a big target on his chest for the well meaning reporter from San Antonio asking the inevitable question. Kawhi handles it well but after the moment lingers, Danny steps in with a way to get everyone smiling. Nice play.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Just another example of the intangibles that Danny can bring to the team and the whole Kawhi situation. Kawhi is up there on the podium with a big target on his chest for the well meaning reporter from San Antonio asking the inevitable question. Kawhi handles it well but after the moment lingers, Danny steps in with a way to get everyone smiling. Nice play.
                  I need clips damnit! Lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    This post should serve as a reminder that everybody on this board would have fucked this team up a long time ago. The Demar Derozan "saga" ended in him turning into a top 25 NBA player and getting us Kawhi freaking Leonard. How many times were we supposed to tank? Trade him for a shitty pick? Trade him for Danny Green? Let him walk in free agency?

Yeah..
                    Not sure if it was here but I remember a lot of people wanted to trade DeMar to the Kings during the 2014 draft to take Stauskas

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Not sure if it was here but I remember a lot of people wanted to trade DeMar to the Kings during the 2014 draft to take Stauskas
                      One of my personal favourite trade scenarios here was JV for Motiejunas a few years ago.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        One of my personal favourite trade scenarios here was JV for Motiejunas a few years ago.
                        Terrence jones for jv..

Most of christianL jv trade targets are playing in China or the g league

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            The tweet kept looping for me and masais laugh got creepy

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              There is a tendency to grossly over-value Canadian players. Some were actually excited when Raps picked up Bennett on the cheap. Others were pissed Brady Heslip never made the roster.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah..
                                Not to get technical, but the intent (at least for me) was that the Raptors needed to get better defensively, and with DeRozan eating up heavy minutes, that was never going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X