Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Danny Green is killing it. Poor San Antonio.
    True but he was a 38% shooter with them, what do you do?

Comment

• LMFAO LEBRON CHOKES

Go to hollywood geek

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
        LMFAO LEBRON CHOKES

Go to hollywood geek
        When winning is no longer your top priority, it shows.

Comment

Danny Green is killing it. Poor San Antonio.
          Yep, poor us. The Spurs won too, but good gosh. That Lakers game. It was like winning a poop throwing contest. In overtime.

Comment

• It's super early, but I think, if the opportunity presents itself, Danny Green also re-signs after this season.

He's been pretty open with his love for Toronto, a big role, and he seems comfortable being one of the team's designated vets.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• He really got up on that block last night.

Maybe people will start to realize that early 30s is not a death sentence?

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                It's super early, but I think, if the opportunity presents itself, Danny Green also re-signs after this season.

He's been pretty open with his love for Toronto, a big role, and he seems comfortable being one of the team's designated vets.
                The only problem is, Green would want Carroll like contract. Its not an issue of resigning Green but to how much.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  The only problem is, Green would want Carroll like contract. Its not an issue of resigning Green but to how much.
                  Would he? Green is currently on the biggest deal he's ever signed, which funny enough, he signed the same year we signed Carroll. He'll be 32 when free agency starts.

I think Green will look to get a multiyear deal, but guessing the market for a 32 year old 3&D guy is not easy, even with all the teams that will have money. It's hard to imagine him being anyone's primary target. It's also hard to imagine he'd get a significant paybump over the $10M he's making now. He may even have a hard time getting that kind of offer. Once everyone blows money on their top targets, there may not be many teams left with space to even offer him an 8-10 million a year deal.

Comment

Would he? Green is currently on the biggest deal he's ever signed, which funny enough, he signed the same year we signed Carroll. He'll be 32 when free agency starts.

I think Green will look to get a multiyear deal, but guessing the market for a 32 year old 3&D guy is not easy, even with all the teams that will have money. It's hard to imagine him being anyone's primary target. It's also hard to imagine he'd get a significant paybump over the $10M he's making now. He may even have a hard time getting that kind of offer. Once everyone blows money on their top targets, there may not be many teams left with space to even offer him an 8-10 million a year deal.
                    Thing is, 8-10M is the new MLE. So cap space doesn't play into it as much - capped out teams mostly have the same bidding power - so I'd expect his market to range from 6M at minimum to a more likely 10M. Unless of course the Phoenix Suns decide to give him a huge 1 year deal instead of signing a PG.

But yeah, I'd peg the market for him at 10M right now, and the Raps are deep in the tax even without him (assuming they manage to re-sign Leonard). With Wright a FA as well, it's going to be a numbers game

Or maybe the Raps win the chip and just pay whatever to bring the whole team back for another year. I'd be OK with that too.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Thing is, 8-10M is the new MLE. So cap space doesn't play into it as much - capped out teams mostly have the same bidding power - so I'd expect his market to range from 6M at minimum to a more likely 10M. Unless of course the Phoenix Suns decide to give him a huge 1 year deal instead of signing a PG.

But yeah, I'd peg the market for him at 10M right now, and the Raps are deep in the tax even without him (assuming they manage to re-sign Leonard). With Wright a FA as well, it's going to be a numbers game

Or maybe the Raps win the chip and just pay whatever to bring the whole team back for another year. I'd be OK with that too.
                      My point was more that he likely won't get a deal we can't match, so we don't have to be too scared of someone else nabbing him.

Yes we have tax considerations. But we'll see how the season plays out and if MLSE is ok with a hefty tax bill. We'll also see if we can dump any other contracts that would make things simpler on that front.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not think Green would want a Carroll-like contract, which is why it's an option in my opinion. But, as DanH has broken it down, it will probably need some cap-gymnastics in order for it to work.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

DanH wrote: View Post

I think, if he continues to play this way (highly unlikely), or at least sustains his productivity with great defence, he will likely stay. He has been open about how much he likes Toronto, obviously referring Kawhi in the situation, but there's no way he says those things if he doesn't feel that way about it in the first place.

Green will be in the lower tier of free agents, and as WMCJ stated, everyone will blow money on the stacked free agent class this summer.

An MLE is his market value, in my opinion. He's in his 30's, getting older, with some signs of slowing down. I don't see him getting eight digits.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Comment

Cool guy. Snakes in a condo? I've got kids, so I hate neighbours that have those kind of pets. C'mon now, Danny.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Cool guy. Snakes in a condo? I've got kids, so I hate neighbours that have those kind of pets. C'mon now, Danny.
                              Its a private house.

But yeah I hear you, ever since the story of the snake escaping from the pet store in NB and killing those boys, I really do not want to live next to someone who owns them.

Comment

• hope that was closer to preseason...he's limping everywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X