Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    So, let's talk about Green abusing Curry in the post on Wednesday night. I admittedly haven't paid much attention to Green's game prior to him joining the Raptors, but I don't recall ever seeing Green working guys in the post before.

Was this Nurse being smart, or Green being smart, or both?
    Considering how Green hasn't spent much time in the post I think it was Nurse making that call. A great call at that. You have to take advantage of a mismatch whenever possible, and it doesn't hurt you're giving Curry something to think about other than launching a 3 and high fiving a teammate before the ball goes through the basket.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Considering how Green hasn't spent much time in the post I think it was Nurse making that call. A great call at that. You have to take advantage of a mismatch whenever possible, and it doesn't hurt you're giving Curry something to think about other than launching a 3 and high fiving a teammate before the ball goes through the basket.
      I would tend to agree that it was Nurse's doing. And if so, I'm sure that helps Green's desire to stick around in Toronto beyond next year. That is, being asked to shoulder more than a literal "3 and D" load.

Comment

• I'm not sure why Steph was on Green. They were just expecting DG to stand in the corner and be an easy cover? IIRC Lowry and FVV were also on the floor.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Ok so riddle me this:

What is Danny Green’s next contact looking like? From raptors standpoint prob depends on if Kawhi stays. But either way what is his market value?

Like most, I have been pleasantly surprised with his production. I see the raps wanting to keep him and overpaying to keep it on a 2 year contract. 2 years 25 mill?

Where do you set his value?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure why Steph was on Green. They were just expecting DG to stand in the corner and be an easy cover? IIRC Lowry and FVV were also on the floor.
            Warriors like switching. In a playoff series, they would probably adapt quicker.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              Ok so riddle me this:

What is Danny Green’s next contact looking like? From raptors standpoint prob depends on if Kawhi stays. But either way what is his market value?

Like most, I have been pleasantly surprised with his production. I see the raps wanting to keep him and overpaying to keep it on a 2 year contract. 2 years 25 mill?

Where do you set his value?
              8-12 a year for 3 years at most. But it also depends on if we get Kawhi to sign long term. I just hope Kawhi gets signed quick so we don't drag out other moves.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                8-12 a year for 3 years at most. But it also depends on if we get Kawhi to sign long term. I just hope Kawhi gets signed quick so we don't drag out other moves.
                Well Kawhi only chance at super max is with the Raps... either he wants it or he doesnt... but if Im masai and he's taking longer than a few days after the free agent window to think about it, screw it and try to fill other holes... it could still be possible he wants LA and thats it no matter what.. im sure this will be communicated somehow after the season so I think masai will know by july 1st if he's staying or going.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I'd be ok with offering a 3rd year....or maybe even a 4th. Green's the type of player whose presence in the locker room will be priceless, even as his minutes start to decline. Especially if we're in rebuild mode with a mostly young roster.
                  4 years maybe too much he is going to be 32 when the 2019 season starts... even 3 may be a stretch but i think he could be effective.

I sense 3 years at 30 mil (about 10 mil each). 3rd year you can offer it as a team option...

If someone offers 13 mil or more for 3 or more years unfortunately i would have danny walk...remember in 2-3 years you got pascal, og and crew who are gonna wanna get paid and you dont want to be regretting paying danny green 12 mil when he's playing garbage mins in 4 years.
                  Last edited by sanyo; Thu Dec 27, 2018, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Also need to keep in mind summer 2020. The Raptors may be pitching Kawhi on being able to hunt a max player that summer. If so, they'll be trying to get Danny locked up to either a one year deal or a cheap enough salary not to impact that.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Can not compliment Danny high enough as a Raptor fan. Seriously. It still boggles my mind speaking in December that we got this guy as a throw in. I know I sound like a broken record but we've seriously lacked a guy like this when we've intended to make deep playoff runs (it's often overlooked but it applies to Monroe as well).

Somewhat off topic... I sense in the long term that Danny could have a Pinball Clemens type impact on the Raptors and/or the Toronto community. He's gone to great lengths expressing how much he loves this city and personally, can't see any reason to think he isn't anything other than a top class dude.

Comment

• As I said on the game thread, I love Danny Green and what he brings the team and the community. Having said that, I don't like going beyond 2 years for him, 3 years max on a team option if possible.

After signing Kawhi, we absolutely need an elite roster upgrade to play alongside him, not just re-signing players already here.

Comment

• What I’m most impressed by is how easily DG has stepped into the lineup and fit in with no hick ups. It actually gets me more upset when I think about how poorly CJ has fit in since he’s already been here for a year. CJ should have feasted this year.

Comment

• Big difference, Danny is a 3 and D player with Championship pedigree and a very high BBiQ player.

CJ is a one dimensional player.

The former can easily adjust to any given situation because of his background while the latter may adjust or regress because he is only best at one area.

Comment

• His Podcast is getting better;

Good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlcs1oABw60

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                                His Podcast is getting better;

Good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlcs1oABw60
                                They were pretty good from the start. Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X