Everything Danny Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Green will take the minimum to go to the Lakers, he'll try and get a bigger contract to finish off his career. From what I've seen, he's very conscious of that.
    Hes definitely not following Kawhi around. Hed become a meme at that point and he knows it.

hed prefer to stay in Toronto, but if we're not a contender he look to see who pays him the most and make a decision. I dont think hes out here chasing rings like David west
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• He'll go to the Mavs if Kawhi leaves. That's my guess.

Also, its not out of the realm of possibility that he has a verbal from Masai that he'll be taken care of if he waits on Kawhi and all the other suitors dry up before that.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
        He'll go to the Mavs if Kawhi leaves. That's my guess.

Also, its not out of the realm of possibility that he has a verbal from Masai that he'll be taken care of if he waits on Kawhi and all the other suitors dry up before that.
        If I'm Green, I'm taking the most money but that's just me.

I imagine you are more likely correct that he has the terms of a deal in Toronto worked out if Kawhi stays and if he gets shafted waiting around that Toronto will figure out a landing spot for him (in Toronto or elsewhere).

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

If I'm Green, I'm taking the most money but that's just me.

I imagine you are more likely correct that he has the terms of a deal in Toronto worked out if Kawhi stays and if he gets shafted waiting around that Toronto will figure out a landing spot for him (in Toronto or elsewhere).
          Danny had a brutal playoffs. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he would take a one year deal, at less pay just to try and correct that. Raptors are definitely a playoff team, even without Kawhi. I could see them finishing 4th or 5th in the east, with the progression of Pascal and OG. It wouldn't be the worst spot for Danny. If he has a good year, he could go someplace else next season or resign in TO for a better payday.

Of course, if there is still a good payday deal out there after Kawhi announces his intentions, that is always an option.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Danny had a brutal playoffs. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he would take a one year deal, at less pay just to try and correct that. Raptors are definitely a playoff team, even without Kawhi. I could see them finishing 4th or 5th in the east, with the progression of Pascal and OG. It wouldn't be the worst spot for Danny. If he has a good year, he could go someplace else next season or resign in TO for a better payday.

Of course, if there is still a good payday deal out there after Kawhi announces his intentions, that is always an option.
            I thought he had a pretty great contract year. He was 2nd in the nba in 3pt % and was a starter on a championship team. I don't think a guy like danny can do much better in a contract year. I think the main reason he would take a shorter deal is to go for another ring. He could end up with a Robert Horry like career if he can win 1-2 more rings.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I thought he had a pretty great contract year. He was 2nd in the nba in 3pt % and was a starter on a championship team. I don't think a guy like danny can do much better in a contract year. I think the main reason he would take a shorter deal is to go for another ring. He could end up with a Robert Horry like career if he can win 1-2 more rings.
              He had a great year, but he did flame out at the worst possible time. By the end, people were screaming for FVV and Norm to replace him in the starting lineup. That's a pretty bad last impression with the eyes of the NBA focused on you. I don't think he gets punished too hard for that blemish, but only because we won it all... otherwise he's a prime scapegoat. Of course, if Kawhi wants Danny back, then that's that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

He had a great year, but he did flame out at the worst possible time. By the end, people were screaming for FVV and Norm to replace him in the starting lineup. That's a pretty bad last impression with the eyes of the NBA focused on you. I don't think he gets punished too hard for that blemish, but only because we won it all... otherwise he's a prime scapegoat. Of course, if Kawhi wants Danny back, then that's that.
                He's a great vet and a good 82 games player. We need those guys too to ease the load on Kawhi.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Danny's shot under 35% from deep in his last three postseasons. It's just damn hard in the playoffs, for 3 pt shooters you also end up with pretty small sample sizes and a good amount of variance.

We saw in the regular season he can still shoot. One slump or some tight defence in the postseason just torpedoes your %. Overall I think he's still fine.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• According to this link, Danny's Inside The Greenroom co-host Harrison Sanford said live on radio today that Danny's getting close to taking the leap without waiting for Kawhi's decision..

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...-coming-dallas

Gotta think Dallas is making a competitive offer with term and financials that could make it hard for Danny to hold off much longer at this stage in his career.

Hopefully Kawhi tells us he's coming home shortly with enough time to demand MLSE takes his pal Danny back on with him...

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      According to this link, Danny's Inside The Greenroom co-host Harrison Sanford said live on radio today that Danny's getting close to taking the leap without waiting for Kawhi's decision..

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...-coming-dallas

Gotta think Dallas is making a competitive offer with term and financials that could make it hard for Danny to hold off much longer at this stage in his career.

Hopefully Kawhi tells us he's coming home shortly with enough time to demand MLSE takes his pal Danny back on with him...
                      Amen to that. I think Nurse and staff can help cure some of Danny's ills with regards to his 3 pt shot during the playoffs. He was missing wide open shots. It wasn'y just that the coverages were closer. WIDE OPEN. That's why I was certain he was injured in some way. We haven't heard anything, and it has been pointed out that this has happened the last three postseasons. Not sure what it is, but the Raptors will adjust it, after having gone through it if Green comes back.

Comment

• Any word on Danny Green, rumors..it would give us better picture on Kawli..thats for sure..
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Any word on Danny Green, rumors..it would give us better picture on Kawli..thats for sure..
                          "Tim MacMahon✔@espn_macmahon
                          An NBA player likely to be impacted by the Kawhi decision dominoes texted me that he has heard the same thing. But that info/gossip is not coming directly from Kawhi Leonard or his advisors." In relation to the Jalen Rose "99% confident Kawhi returns to Toronto" thing.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

"Tim MacMahon✔@espn_macmahon
                            An NBA player likely to be impacted by the Kawhi decision dominoes texted me that he has heard the same thing. But that info/gossip is not coming directly from Kawhi Leonard or his advisors." In relation to the Jalen Rose "99% confident Kawhi returns to Toronto" thing.
                            he follows up this tweet by saying "not Danny Green"

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

he follows up this tweet by saying "not Danny Green"
                              Well there you go. I tried to help and I'm only adding to the noise.

Still, I believe in Masai. He Stay.

Comment

• I have avoided the internet, and all media after the other day.....ESPN had me so pissed off about all this stuff....

I still don't think we owe Kawhi squat, but I sure as shit want him to sign, and if he does..... well then he isn't a douchebag.

Comment

Working...
                                X