X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Any word on Danny Green, rumors..it would give us better picture on Kawli..thats for sure..
    "Tim MacMahon✔@espn_macmahon
    An NBA player likely to be impacted by the Kawhi decision dominoes texted me that he has heard the same thing. But that info/gossip is not coming directly from Kawhi Leonard or his advisors." In relation to the Jalen Rose "99% confident Kawhi returns to Toronto" thing.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Any word on Danny Green, rumors..it would give us better picture on Kawli..thats for sure..

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    According to this link, Danny's Inside The Greenroom co-host Harrison Sanford said live on radio today that Danny's getting close to taking the leap without waiting for Kawhi's decision..

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...-coming-dallas

Gotta think Dallas is making a competitive offer with term and financials that could make it hard for Danny to hold off much longer at this stage in his career.

Hopefully Kawhi tells us he's coming home shortly with enough time to demand MLSE takes his pal Danny back on with him...
    Amen to that. I think Nurse and staff can help cure some of Danny's ills with regards to his 3 pt shot during the playoffs. He was missing wide open shots. It wasn'y just that the coverages were closer. WIDE OPEN. That's why I was certain he was injured in some way. We haven't heard anything, and it has been pointed out that this has happened the last three postseasons. Not sure what it is, but the Raptors will adjust it, after having gone through it if Green comes back.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    According to this link, Danny's Inside The Greenroom co-host Harrison Sanford said live on radio today that Danny's getting close to taking the leap without waiting for Kawhi's decision..

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...-coming-dallas

Gotta think Dallas is making a competitive offer with term and financials that could make it hard for Danny to hold off much longer at this stage in his career.

Hopefully Kawhi tells us he's coming home shortly with enough time to demand MLSE takes his pal Danny back on with him...

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Danny's shot under 35% from deep in his last three postseasons. It's just damn hard in the playoffs, for 3 pt shooters you also end up with pretty small sample sizes and a good amount of variance.

We saw in the regular season he can still shoot. One slump or some tight defence in the postseason just torpedoes your %. Overall I think he's still fine.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

He had a great year, but he did flame out at the worst possible time. By the end, people were screaming for FVV and Norm to replace him in the starting lineup. That's a pretty bad last impression with the eyes of the NBA focused on you. I don't think he gets punished too hard for that blemish, but only because we won it all... otherwise he's a prime scapegoat. Of course, if Kawhi wants Danny back, then that's that.
    He's a great vet and a good 82 games player. We need those guys too to ease the load on Kawhi.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I thought he had a pretty great contract year. He was 2nd in the nba in 3pt % and was a starter on a championship team. I don't think a guy like danny can do much better in a contract year. I think the main reason he would take a shorter deal is to go for another ring. He could end up with a Robert Horry like career if he can win 1-2 more rings.
    He had a great year, but he did flame out at the worst possible time. By the end, people were screaming for FVV and Norm to replace him in the starting lineup. That's a pretty bad last impression with the eyes of the NBA focused on you. I don't think he gets punished too hard for that blemish, but only because we won it all... otherwise he's a prime scapegoat. Of course, if Kawhi wants Danny back, then that's that.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

Danny had a brutal playoffs. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he would take a one year deal, at less pay just to try and correct that. Raptors are definitely a playoff team, even without Kawhi. I could see them finishing 4th or 5th in the east, with the progression of Pascal and OG. It wouldn't be the worst spot for Danny. If he has a good year, he could go someplace else next season or resign in TO for a better payday.

Of course, if there is still a good payday deal out there after Kawhi announces his intentions, that is always an option.
    I thought he had a pretty great contract year. He was 2nd in the nba in 3pt % and was a starter on a championship team. I don't think a guy like danny can do much better in a contract year. I think the main reason he would take a shorter deal is to go for another ring. He could end up with a Robert Horry like career if he can win 1-2 more rings.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

If I'm Green, I'm taking the most money but that's just me.

I imagine you are more likely correct that he has the terms of a deal in Toronto worked out if Kawhi stays and if he gets shafted waiting around that Toronto will figure out a landing spot for him (in Toronto or elsewhere).
    Danny had a brutal playoffs. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he would take a one year deal, at less pay just to try and correct that. Raptors are definitely a playoff team, even without Kawhi. I could see them finishing 4th or 5th in the east, with the progression of Pascal and OG. It wouldn't be the worst spot for Danny. If he has a good year, he could go someplace else next season or resign in TO for a better payday.

Of course, if there is still a good payday deal out there after Kawhi announces his intentions, that is always an option.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
    He'll go to the Mavs if Kawhi leaves. That's my guess.

Also, its not out of the realm of possibility that he has a verbal from Masai that he'll be taken care of if he waits on Kawhi and all the other suitors dry up before that.
    If I'm Green, I'm taking the most money but that's just me.

I imagine you are more likely correct that he has the terms of a deal in Toronto worked out if Kawhi stays and if he gets shafted waiting around that Toronto will figure out a landing spot for him (in Toronto or elsewhere).

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    He'll go to the Mavs if Kawhi leaves. That's my guess.

Also, its not out of the realm of possibility that he has a verbal from Masai that he'll be taken care of if he waits on Kawhi and all the other suitors dry up before that.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Green will take the minimum to go to the Lakers, he'll try and get a bigger contract to finish off his career. From what I've seen, he's very conscious of that.
    Hes definitely not following Kawhi around. Hed become a meme at that point and he knows it.

hed prefer to stay in Toronto, but if we're not a contender he look to see who pays him the most and make a decision. I dont think hes out here chasing rings like David west

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I don't think Green will take the minimum to go to the Lakers, he'll try and get a bigger contract to finish off his career. From what I've seen, he's very conscious of that.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post

Here is a positive piece about both Kawhi & Danny. Green seems to have hooked his wagon to K.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...itle-hopefuls/
    Ha. Hope springs eternal. Grange doesn't ever seem to have the inside track on breaking news, but I find him to be reasonable in his conclusions.

We'll all know better in a day or two. One thing that I have thought of that might give Kawhi pause. All three players, AD, Lebron and Kawhi, seem to play better if they have rest days during the season. I could see the Lakers pitch to Kawhi including the promise that neither one of the big three would need to play more than 62 games a season. They would have to take turns playing in back to backs. With so many higher tier players already having found new homes, how do the Lakers win games when one of the troika is injured and has to sit out games with strains, contusions or "flue like symptoms" and the rest of the roster is shit? It's not like the Lakers can trade for players midway through the season. I mean they have nothing of value to give back in return. And there are a lot of games before the waiver wire shows up.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    there was supposed to be an announcement on yahoo sports canada last night about danny green but it didnt end up happening.
    Here is a positive piece about both Kawhi & Danny. Green seems to have hooked his wagon to K.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...itle-hopefuls/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X