NBA Finals: Lakers vs. Celtics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Finals: Lakers vs. Celtics

Here we are at last. We've played 1,305 games over the course of seven months. We've sent 28 teams and 400 players on vacation. And wouldn't you know it? The two teams still standing are the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers, who will face off in the Finals for the 12th time.

The Celtics' 21st trip to the Finals is a bit of a surprise, while the Lakers 31st was expected all along.
    Though L.A. has made 10 more trips to the Finals, Boston has two more titles and they've won nine of the 11 previous head-to-head matchups.
    NBA.com

Who do you all like in this series? I'm picking the Lakers in six. The Celtics aren't stopping Kobe from getting ring number five.

I expect Russell to dominate on the boards and Heinsohn to punish the Lakers up front with Cousy dishing out the dimes as only he can do.

The Lakers will counter with their future HOF combo of Baylor and West.

Should be a fun series and could go seven.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Cannot believe the Celtics made it to the show. Wonder what the odds were in Vegas for this matchup. Going thru Lebron & Howard has to be moreso because of the fabulous coaching job in motivation as well as the x-es and o-es.
      Looking forward to what Jackson pulls out (barb wise) for this series.
      Lakers in 6...I think the Bs look a bit tired...but what do I know.

Comment

I'm sorry, but the celtics are taking this in 5 or 6, unless kobe REALLY becomes unstoppable, bynum makes a difference and Ron-Ron stops Pierce, or at the very least take his shorts down again.

Comment

I think they keys to this series is how the Celtics handle the Lakers big men and how the Lakers handle Rjon Rondo. Nash ran wild, they can't let Rondo do the same. I think Artest and Kobe are the best defensive wing combo in the game, they can handle Pierce and Allen.

Comment

Boston wins.
            LA are one trick pony. Well, trick and a half..., but still.

Comment

Lakers in 6
              - Phil Jackson effect (threepeats only)
              - Lakers big men - more finesse and offensively skilled than Howard, and can make their free throws, there are 2 legit ones on the court at all times that can pack the lane to stop Rondo's drives as opposed to Lewis' floating around
              - Kobe/Artest vs Pierce/Allen, Lakers have an obvious advantage on the defensive end and Celtics have a slight advantage on offense, unless Artest does what he did last night and Kobe just goes off

Comment

Lakers in 7
                Close series until Kobe goes off in game seven and Lakers win by Thirty. He has that look in his eyes that he will do whatever it takes to win his fifth ring

Comment

Boston in Six.

Comment

Lakers sixth man

Lakers second lady, after Jeannie Buss of course

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Celtics? Lakers?

Who to pick?? honestly i hate both teams but I might just go with the less hated Lakers, what do you guys think?

Comment

Lakersss Maynee
                        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

K-o-b-e

its gonna be a tough series can go either way but its gotta be the laker 4-2 baby!

Comment

I had gotten myself ready for last night’s Game One of the final series, looking forward to some great basketball action - the itch needed serious scratching - but as the game went along, I couldn’t help notice how ... UNinvested I really was in the whole thing. I had to admit that until the Raptors themselves are there, I just won’t know the REAL thrill that others do, of watching a final series for the the NBA Championship. So ... damn. I expected it to be more fun than this game was ... and this series will probably be. And that itch? Still there. Go Raptors ... you bastards.

Comment

To all you people who are hating on

The Boston LA series. They are fun to watch because they are real basketball teams. The Raptors aren`t even close in terms of defense and execution.

Comment

Working...
                              X